Tour the Champions Center with Breanna & Morgan | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tour the Champions Center with Breanna & Morgan

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Gorgeous. Do most of the top teams have similar facilities?
Yes - but at varying degrees of 'modern' - like their arenas - Gampel was phenomenal when it opened, not so much 20 years later.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I will have to differ. I recall Geno saying on one of his shows that he recruited "basketball players who also wanted a good education" and not "kids who wanted an education and, by the way, to play basketball".

I concede the point. Matter of emphasis. No one can accuse Geno of running a "basketball factory," as has been charged of many football-dominant schools.

Reaction Score
I really wished that the people of power had decided to make Gampel into the Champions Training Center and make the area that is the CTC the NEW Gampel! They could have had the best of both worlds, A tremendous (as shown) Training Facility, but a modern 15,000 seat arena with all the great features movie style chairs, concessions for lunch, dinner, & snacks, & bathrooms, etc. Side-by-side great modern arenas that everyone, students & fans can benefit from!
The present Gampel is no-longer fan friendly!

Reaction Score
I will have to differ. I recall Geno saying on one of his shows that he recruited "basketball players who also wanted a good education" and not "kids who wanted an education and, by the way, to play basketball".

Truth is that a good education is especially important to women, who cannot look forward to making a living from basketball. Think: Nurse Buck. But implicit in recruiting serious students is the idea that if you take pride in your work in one area of life it may carry over into others. Success in the classroom is repeatedly discussed throughout the season with pride at UConn.

Reaction Score
Or intimidating.
If recruits are intimidated by this, it suggests that they aren't the type girls Geno and Chris are looking for. It should be an incentive for potential recruits who want to strive in matching and exceeding the previous achievements!

Reaction Score
Or intimidating.
If recruits are intimidated by this, it suggests that they aren't the type girls Geno and Chris are looking for. It should be an incentive for potential recruits who want to strive in matching and exceeding the previous achievements!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Agreed. 'Course, there is Kia who came uncertain whether she was in the right league; then she discovered, hey I must be pretty good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom