Top ten reasons for UConn to B1G | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top ten reasons for UConn to B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The idea of a Wisconsin fans in candy striped overalls overrunning Mystic Seaport amuses me greatly.

Nothing wrong with that.
t5488_WisconsinGirls_COTT_RED__16529.1405341462.600.600.jpg

Reaction Score
1. It will greatly humiliate the ACC by making Cuse and BC extreme outliers.
2 The B1G can claim 4 more men's BB championships.
3. A Rutgers vs UConn game will actually get coverage inthe New York media
4 Women's BB interest will double around the conference making AD's happy
5. We introduce B1G hockey to the northeast hotbed
6 see 5 except Lacrosse
7 The first coaches at Mich and University of Chicago (B1G founders)both learned the game in Connecticut. We should be grandfathered in.
8 logistically Connecticut is pretty easy to get too and offers a huge diversity of activities. A great destination for tourists.
9. Connecticut will embrace the sport beyond expectations
10. In ten years when a review of CR is made ,UConns addition won't even come up as it will retroactively become a no brainier.

See ... not for the reasons of 5 & 6 ... I do think there is appeal to being in New England/the Northeast.

Part of what the B1G is about is COLLECTIVELY/COLLABORATIVELY raising the rankings & profiles of ALL its member Universities. New England is the cornerstone of the Product - Higher Education in America. We don't happen to be an Ivy (public Ivy we are). But, this anchors the B1G going forward in the region that leads to far greater partnerships for all its research and departments ... with the only University that fits the bill in NY or NE.

I think the B1G has always been about far more than Football. The 24/7 content is needed. But far beyond that, this is about a Business Model that situates all the Universities into the top 50 Global Rank for the next 30 years. That's extraordinarily important for all these schools. And, a New England peg is important to their rise.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
For everyone who says football drives the bus, phooey. What current B1G basketball program is better than UCONN? That is the #1 reason. Throw in other national championships and it's not even close.
Right now? Wisconsin and Michigan State. (just sayin')

Reaction Score
Right now? Wisconsin and Michigan State. (just sayin')
That is incorrect. I read what you are saying but I don't think you measure programs by one season. Michigan State did win it all in 2000 so it has that going for it.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
That is incorrect. I read what you are saying but I don't think you measure programs by one season. Michigan State did win it all in 2000 so it has that going for it.
I understand. But you were saying "right now"... Right now, (and believe me I'm a UConn fan) we don't have any room to talk.

Reaction Score
Right Now UCONN is 1 season removed from a f0cking national championship. You think that is bad? UCONN may struggle for the next few years due to being in the gulag, but I need to see a few years of mediocrity before I start re-assessing the program. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom