Tom Brady: 8th Championship Game in 12 seasons as a starter | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Tom Brady: 8th Championship Game in 12 seasons as a starter

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
wrestling is their sport

Not many Patriots fans either. Not sure WTF Upstater is talking about. I'm a Patriots fan, I just try not to see them through rose colored glasses like so many Pats fans do.

Brady is not what he was. Probably still a top 5 QB, but no top 5 QB has won a superbowl in the last three years (Rogers and Brees were the last two, and Manning two years prior to Brees). Brady certainly wasn't considered an elite QB when he won his first, he was a backup. It simply isn't necessary. You probably do need a guy who is top 10-12.

Reaction Score
Not many Patriots fans either. Not sure WTF Upstater is talking about. I'm a Patriots fan, I just try not to see them through rose colored glasses like so many Pats fans do.

Brady is not what he was. Probably still a top 5 QB, but no top 5 QB has won a superbowl in the last three years (Rogers and Brees were the last two, and Manning two years prior to Brees). Brady certainly wasn't considered an elite QB when he won his first, he was a backup. It simply isn't necessary. You probably do need a guy who is top 10-12.

The guy is 13 months off the best season of his entire career when he lead the team to the 4th greatest point total in NFL history, largely by spreading the ball around to Welker, Gronkowski, Hernandez, Brandon Lloyd, Edelman and Deion Branch. Maybe he's lost it in the last 13 months --who knows. Given the short time frame, it's much likelier that the lack of Welker, Gronkowski, Hernandez and Lloyd contributed more to the downturn than anything else. This Patriots team, with only Mayo, Chandler Jones, Gronkowski, McCourty as difference makers, wins maybe 4 or 5 games without Brady. To say Mallet could accomplish anywhere near 12-13 wins is a huge huge threat.

Brad's numbers 13 months ago were astronomical.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
The guy is 13 months off the best season of his entire career when he lead the team to the 4th greatest point total in NFL history, largely by spreading the ball around to Welker, Gronkowski, Hernandez, Brandon Lloyd, Edelman and Deion Branch. Maybe he's lost it in the last 13 months --who knows. Given the short time frame, it's much likelier that the lack of Welker, Gronkowski, Hernandez and Lloyd contributed more to the downturn than anything else. This Patriots team, with only Mayo, Chandler Jones, Gronkowski, McCourty as difference makers, wins maybe 4 or 5 games without Brady. To say Mallet could accomplish anywhere near 12-13 wins is a huge huge threat.

Brad's numbers 13 months ago were astronomical.

Wow. Do you even watch the games? Brady was both brilliant and awful at times last year. He probably cost them two games with horrible performances and maybe saved them 3. I don't know a single Patriots fan in the area that didn't notice it, and I have friends who live next door to Stephen Gostkowski and several with season tickets. Yes he was very good the year before, but last year was his worst season by a huge margin. It wasn't the receivers, it was bad throws...lots of them. The deep ball in particular. I think Mallet wins maybe one fewer game at worst. Matt Cassell managed pretty well when Brady went down, and Mallet is probably better. Losing Mayo and Wilfork is what hurt the team most.

Reaction Score
Wow. Do you even watch the games? Brady was both brilliant and awful at times last year. He probably cost them two games with horrible performances and maybe saved them 3. I don't know a single Patriots fan in the area that didn't notice it, and I have friends who live next door to Stephen Gostkowski and several with season tickets. Yes he was very good the year before, but last year was his worst season by a huge margin. It wasn't the receivers, it was bad throws...lots of them. The deep ball in particular. I think Mallet wins maybe one fewer game at worst. Matt Cassell managed pretty well when Brady went down, and Mallet is probably better. Losing Mayo and Wilfork is what hurt the team most.

So, Brady lost his abilities in 6 months time. That's the argument you're making?

I'm watching Patriots week right now, and Belichick is talking about Cassell's 2009 team, and he's saying, the reason we missed the playoffs is because our schedule was soft and we didn't beat any good teams. That's with 11 wins. That same team with Brady won 18 games against 9 playoff teams the previous year.

Brady was key to the wins against the Falcons, Saints, Broncos, Texans and Browns. 5 games they win because of him. Is there a QB that doesn't have a bad game all year? And with receivers like he had?! No Gronkowski and hurt WRs all year. Dobson hurt half the games, Boyce out, Vereen missed 10 games. Ridiculous.

Reaction Score
So, Brady lost his abilities in 6 months time. That's the argument you're making?

I'm watching Patriots week right now, and Belichick is talking about Cassell's 2009 team, and he's saying, the reason we missed the playoffs is because our schedule was soft and we didn't beat any good teams. That's with 11 wins. That same team with Brady won 18 games against 9 playoff teams the previous year.

Brady was key to the wins against the Falcons, Saints, Broncos, Texans and Browns. 5 games they win because of him. Is there a QB that doesn't have a bad game all year? And with receivers like he had?! No Gronkowski and hurt WRs all year. Dobson hurt half the games, Boyce out, Vereen missed 10 games. Ridiculous.

No matter Hawk is right and I don't watch every play at all….but I've never seen him make as many BAD throws as he did last year with people wide open! It's not a bad thing he's not as good as he was, he's not, but he's still damn good!

Reaction Score
No matter Hawk is right and I don't watch every play at all….but I've never seen him make as many BAD throws as he did last year with people wide open! It's not a bad thing he's not as good as he was, he's not, but he's still damn good!

Yikes, come on. I was astounded by how well he did with these guys. I thought he played great.

What bad throws with people wide open are you talking about?

This season, with hardly anyone to throw to, the guy lead unbelievable comebacks in 5 games. The pundits were raving about his play. Some had him as the MVP.

Hard to believe you guys were really watching.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/13/brady-could-steal-mvp-from-peyton/

He actually received votes, and some of the ESPN crew thought he was up there too.

Again, he had his 2nd most productive season just 13 months ago. He comes back 6 months later missing his top 4 WRs from the previous year. And people draw the conclusion that he lost it.

"Elementary" my dear Watson.

Reaction Score
Yikes, come on. I was astounded by how well he did with these guys. I thought he played great.

What bad throws with people wide open are you talking about?

This season, with hardly anyone to throw to, the guy lead unbelievable comebacks in 5 games. The pundits were raving about his play. Some had him as the MVP.

Hard to believe you guys were really watching.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/13/brady-could-steal-mvp-from-peyton/

He actually received votes, and some of the ESPN crew thought he was up there too.

Again, he had his 2nd most productive season just 13 months ago. He comes back 6 months later missing his top 4 WRs from the previous year. And people draw the conclusion that he lost it.

"Elementary" my dear Watson.

OK :rolleyes:

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

This is what I saw, and what every other Pats fan I know saw. We talked about it every game. He didn't "lose his ability", but he certainly didn't play to his prior levels. Upstater wants to blame the WR when Brady throws behind him, or overthrows a wide open WR by 7 yards (as he did against Denver in he AFC championship).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom