Tom Brady: 8th Championship Game in 12 seasons as a starter | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tom Brady: 8th Championship Game in 12 seasons as a starter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
They said same thing about Montana...

I know, I'm kidding Fishy because he's been calling Brady that for many many years. But now that Peyton is a dinker and dunker, he's the greatest ever.

Reaction Score
One guy averaged 6.92 yards per completion the other averaged 8.31……I guess the "dinker and dunker" of the 2 is NOT winning the MVP. By the way the guy with the 6.92 also had a QB rating of 87.3 while the eventual winner was 115.1…….

Ball don't Lie…...:oops:

There is no doubt Peyton had the greatest year for QB ever. I'm talking overall. But there is no denying Peyton is a dinker and dunker this year. Look at the YAC stats. Best ever.

I still say the difference this year is n0 weapons. Last year's Patriots, with the weapons, were the 4th best offense of all time. It went under the radar because Brady only threw 34 TDs compared to top vote getter (of the QBs) Aaron Rodgers who had 40. But this is where QB rating lies. The Patriots scored 26 rushing TDs, and the Packers scored 7. QB rating doesn't account for that.

People are too into fantasy numbers these days. The final analysis is all about leading your team, and I give Peyton great credit for that this year. Mine is a career comparison. Even using stats like QBR, Brady is ahead when adjusting for indoors/outdoors play. Wins. Etc.

Reaction Score
I know, I'm kidding Fishy because he's been calling Brady that for many many years. But now that Peyton is a dinker and dunker, he's the greatest ever.

They are both great. But Peyton would be better in the Pats offense than Brady would. With Peyton you get so much more. It's almost unfair to compare Tom or any other QB to him. Peyton is more comparable to Marino in terms of what he brings to a team. Marino is my absolute favorite player of all time, but I think Peyton is far more steady than he was.

It's funny you are criticizing fantasy stats, because all you do is rely on stats. Sometimes you have to look at the whole picture and this is definitely one of those times.

I hate to bag on the Pats. They did a good job Gronk out and losing to the other TE to a criminal situation. I respect what they do and how they do it. The Broncos were just a better team in terms of what they were lining up.

This could be one of the best Super Bowls ever.

Reaction Score
They are both great. But Peyton would be better in the Pats offense than Brady would. With Peyton you get so much more. It's almost unfair to compare Tom or any other QB to him. Peyton is more comparable to Marino in terms of what he brings to a team. Marino is my absolute favorite player of all time, but I think Peyton is far more steady than he was.

It's funny you are criticizing fantasy stats, because all you do is rely on stats. Sometimes you have to look at the whole picture and this is definitely one of those times.

I hate to bag on the Pats. They did a good job Gronk out and losing to the other TE to a criminal situation. I respect what they do and how they do it. The Broncos were just a better team in terms of what they were lining up.

This could be one of the best Super Bowls ever.

I am not a fan of stats. I talk about stats since that's always the typical Manning fanboy argument. The rest of the story, wins, coolness and composure under pressure, favors Brady.

But I can't understand what else there is than stats and winning. Brady has been better in the playoffs, has won a lot more, and before people toss out the Patriots D or the kicker as the reason, they need to really look at those games hard. People give too much credit to a good defense that totally collapsed or to a kicker that misses a few easy chip shot field goals and then comes out the hero for knocking through the game winner.

Reaction Score
Man, he's sure won a lot of MVPs.

Has he won more than Brady yet?

MVP is for losers. Peyton has pretty much proven that out.

Even last year, when Brady had a much better season than Manning, people were touting Peyton for MVP.

Fanboy fantasy people who only care about individual stats.

Reaction Score
I am not a fan of stats. I talk about stats since that's always the typical Manning fanboy argument. The rest of the story, wins, coolness and composure under pressure, favors Brady.

But I can't understand what else there is than stats and winning. Brady has been better in the playoffs, has won a lot more, and before people toss out the Patriots D or the kicker as the reason, they need to really look at those games hard. People give too much credit to a good defense that totally collapsed or to a kicker that misses a few easy chip shot field goals and then comes out the hero for knocking through the game winner.

Because everyone knows that the Pats aren't winning primarily because of TB. But if you take Peyton out of the equation at Denver then they are not even close to being on the same level that they are on right now.

Reaction Score
Because everyone knows that the Pats aren't winning primarily because of TB. But if you take Peyton out of the equation at Denver then they are not even close to being on the same level that they are on right now.

That's where you are wrong about the Patriots and Brady. He carried that 5-11 team to 12-4 this year.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
MVP is for losers. Peyton has pretty much proven that out.

Even last year, when Brady had a much better season than Manning, people were touting Peyton for MVP.

Fanboy fantasy people who only care about individual stats.

Yeah, I know - was thinking that when earlier you were (erroneously) touting Brady's stats as being better than Mannings'.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I know - was thinking that when earlier you were (erroneously) touting Brady's stats as being better than Mannings'.

Eh, what's the difference between 55 and 50. I don't really care. Some of those are converted to run TDs anyway. Manning has the #1 scoring offense in NFL history, whereas Brady is at #2 and #4 in history. (Your Vikings are #3). Randall Cunningham was up there in stats over Manning for a single season up until this year, if you ask me.

As for QB rating, Brady has a higher rating than Manning indoors, and a higher rating outdoors.

As for the MVP, no MVP other than Aaron Rodgers has won the award in a year when he won the SB in the first 13 years of this century. Brady won the MVP during two years in which he lost the SB. Manning has won it many times and lost in those same years.

Reaction Score
Tough night for the Peyton Manning slurpers.

He's got that MVP award, though, which is nice.

Reaction Score
Tough night for the Peyton Manning slurpers.

He's got that MVP award, though, which is nice.

There was no reason for him to throw the ball up for grabs when the Broncos were down 1 score. Not sure that it would have mattered at all given Denver's defense, but the Seahawks were saying that Denver quit after 30 minutes of football. You have to give your team a fighting chance. You simply can't throw the ball up because you're being pressured.

Reaction Score
Eh, what's the difference between 55 and 50. I don't really care. Some of those are converted to run TDs anyway. Manning has the #1 scoring offense in NFL history, whereas Brady is at #2 and #4 in history. (Your Vikings are #3). Randall Cunningham was up there in stats over Manning for a single season up until this year, if you ask me.

As for QB rating, Brady has a higher rating than Manning indoors, and a higher rating outdoors.

As for the MVP, no MVP other than Aaron Rodgers has won the award in a year when he won the SB in the first 13 years of this century. Brady won the MVP during two years in which he lost the SB. Manning has won it many times and lost in those same years.

Aaron Rodgers did not win the MVP the year he won the Super Bowl he won the MVP the year after when GB went 15-1 and lost to the Giants

Reaction Score
There was no reason for him to throw the ball up for grabs when the Broncos were down 1 score. Not sure that it would have mattered at all given Denver's defense, but the Seahawks were saying that Denver quit after 30 minutes of football. You have to give your team a fighting chance. You simply can't throw the ball up because you're being pressured.

C'mon upstater just because you like Brady it's no time to be picky about a blow out………he's better than Tom. Tom was banging Gisselle while Peyton was getting embarrassed….I am sure Peyton would like to have traded but unfortunately he was better in the championship of the AFC and had to play against the amped up Seahawks……..

Reaction Score
Brady would have gotten has ass kicked last night too btw, and the Pats got killed against the Broncos.

Reaction Score
C'mon upstater just because you like Brady it's no time to be picky about a blow out………he's better than Tom. Tom was banging Gisselle while Peyton was getting embarrassed….I am sure Peyton would like to have traded but unfortunately he was better in the championship of the AFC and had to play against the amped up Seahawks……..

Guys like you will defend Peyton no matter how many times he throws big interceptions in big games. It happens OVER an OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER. I can keep on writing over, and I wouldn't even be exaggerating. Yes, he beat Rex Grossman in 2006. Good for him. But other than that, he's been a huge choker.

Reaction Score
Guys like you will defend Peyton no matter how many times he throws big interceptions in big games. It happens OVER an OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER. I can keep on writing over, and I wouldn't even be exaggerating. Yes, he beat Rex Grossman in 2006. Good for him. But other than that, he's been a huge choker.

I don't even like Peyton actually could give a crap……..but he was desperate in case you didn't notice……….huge choker huh? How did Tom do in his last 2 super bowls with some pressure in his face?

Reaction Score
I don't even like Peyton actually could give a crap……..but he was desperate in case you didn't notice……….huge choker huh? How did Tom do in his last 2 super bowls?

How was he desperate? The Broncos were down by one score when he threw that horrible interception. He wasn't even hit, he was just panicked.

Brady lead his team 2nd half come from behind TDs to take the lead the last two times. He didn't win, but he didn't throw the big INT either. In the first, they scored a TD and took the lead with under a minute to go. In the second, he completed 17 straight passes to take the lead. Neither game was his finest performance, but it wasn't a total debacle either. The Giants were also much like the Seahawks in that they never let Brady step into his throws or gave him a clean pocket. I believe Brady may have been sacked about 4 times or so, but I forget. nonetheless, I never saw him lose his compsoure. And, he proved before those SBs that on the biggest stage, he could maintain his composure and lead the team to wins.

Reaction Score
I didn't care who won last night, i picked the Seahawks. Answer this question honestly would Brady have done any better last night, I understand he has those 3 superbowls to use as a shield when he comes up short. Brady gets rattled too ya know.

Reaction Score
I didn't care who won last night, i picked the Seahawks. Answer this question honestly would Brady have done any better last night, I understand he has those 3 superbowls to use as a shield when he comes up short. Brady gets rattled too ya know.

The Giants got after Brady pretty hard too. Those 2 INTs sucked the soul out of the Broncos. Seahawks said they saw the Broncos quit. Do I think Brady does better? With Peyton's weapons, yes. Because he has more composure. With the Patriots weapons? They definitely lose, and lose badly but it's hard to say 43-8. That's the thing: it's about how you lose, how you win. It makes all the difference. And I don't use the SB wins as a shield. I love Dan Marino--I think he was great. But I've seen Peyton throw those big INTs again and again.

Reaction Score
The Giants got after Brady pretty hard too. Those 2 INTs sucked the soul out of the Broncos. Seahawks said they saw the Broncos quit. Do I think Brady does better? With Peyton's weapons, yes. Because he has more composure. With the Patriots weapons? They definitely lose, and lose badly but it's hard to say 43-8. That's the thing: it's about how you lose, how you win. It makes all the difference. And I don't use the SB wins as a shield. I love Dan Marino--I think he was great. But I've seen Peyton throw those big INTs again and again.

I can't disagree, that was going through my mind last night when the Giants won those 2 superbowls they were beating the hell out of Brady most notably the first Super Bowl, and he still gave them a chance to win. Don't think it was just Peyton their receivers got rattled as well, it was a collective team failure, but who's gonna get all the blame of course Peyton, its the nature of the beast, its the profession you chose to be an NFL qb being measured against the all time greats.

Im glad your not using the 3 superbowls as a shield, the media does tend to do that with Brady as well, and they do it with Jeter too ill admit that. I remember one postseason Jeter hit under .200 and Arod batting about .260-.270 and who do you think got the blame lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom