Today's Status Thurs 8/3/23?? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Today's Status Thurs 8/3/23??

Reaction Score
I really don't think that the Big 12 wants both AZ schools. That redundancy isn't going to add value. The same goes with Utah. The 12 already has BYU.

I think the AZ BOR is pushing for both schools, but I don't think they will get both in. Just my two cents
The complexities make everything unpredictable. I think there may be a very strong argument that the Arizona schools combined are greater than the sum of their parts. Taking both Pheonix and Tucson, the rivalry, perhaps adds much more value than taking one. ASU has some value over Arizona, in my opinion.

I like the daily update thread idea.

Reaction Score
The complexities make everything unpredictable. I think there may be a very strong argument that the Arizona schools combined are greater than the sum of their parts. Taking both Pheonix and Tucson, the rivalry, perhaps adds much more value than taking one. ASU has some value over Arizona, in my opinion.

I see that point too, but if the goal of the 12 is to increase or expand media rights, then I think they would avoid redundancy and branch off to states they're currently not in. Just my guess

Reaction Score
Washington Board of Trustees Special Meeting - tonight at 9pm Arizona time. Executive Session only.

Last edited:

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
This is NOT a thread for discussion. It is a summary of status. All we need is yes it is correct, or no, something needs to be added or corrected. Sheesh!!
Meh, I think mostly you just like creating threads.

So far, the most salient topic unique to this thread is whether this thread needed to be its own thread.

Reaction Score
All you need to know is that Arizona and Arizona State are likely going to be announced to the Big XII within the next week and that we are probably going to lose out on the 16th spot to Utah.

Everything else is irrelevant to us
Unless BYU pulls a BC

Reaction Score
So if Yormark and ESPN want us and FOX is against it, could be they’ve decided that while UConn may be part of BY’s vision, FOX’s TV rights to the Big East are more valuable in the short term. Why would they want to lose their big dog now, when thr Huskies head into ‘23-24 as National Champion and a huge draw for all Big East (and FOX) games.

Reaction Score

Maybe Uconn should demand a spot for CCSU too.

Reaction Score
Meh, I think mostly you just like creating threads.

So far, the most salient topic unique to this thread is whether this thread needed to be its own thread.
I think you like spending most of your day reading threads and tweet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom