Today's Status Thurs 8/3/23?? | The Boneyard

Today's Status Thurs 8/3/23??

Reaction Score
So, is it correct to say that:

1. The AZ BoR's have had one meeting and nothing has leaked?
2. It is hypothesized that they told both universities to come to agreement on a common course?
3. It is speculated that if both AZ and ASU decide they want the B12 then it is down to Utah and UConn for #16?
3a. If AZ and ASU do not leave the P12 then it is likely that it will hold together unless the B1G steps in and pulls it apart?
4. The P12 media package details are STILL not known publicly?
5. Clemson and FSU are still in play to leave the ACC by paying huge exit fees, exact destination still very much up in the air (B1G or SEC)?
6. There may be another AZ BoR's meeting soon, perhaps even today?
7. OR, WA, Stanford, and Cal may or may not be talking to the B1G?

Is this correct? Anything to add?

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score

2. It is hypothesized that they told both universities to come to agreement on a common course?
3. It is speculated that if both AZ and ASU decide they want the B12 then it is down to Utah and UConn for #16?
3a. If AZ and ASU do not leave the P12 then it is likely that it will hold together unless the B1G steps in and pulls it apart?
5. Clemson and FSU are still in play to leave the ACC by paying huge exit fees, exact destination still very much up in the air (B1G or SEC)?

scanners.jpg

Reaction Score
All you need to know is that Arizona and Arizona State are likely going to be announced to the Big XII within the next week and that we are probably going to lose out on the 16th spot to Utah.

Everything else is irrelevant to us

Reaction Score
The last AZ board meeting had nothing to do with realignment.

They are meeting tonight to discuss realignment in an Executive Session.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The last AZ board meeting had nothing to do with realignment.

They are meeting tonight to discuss realignment in an Executive Session.
And so far Utah has not made an announcement. Which is key to support the theory UConn is in.

Reaction Score

The local car wash opens in 20 minutes for your updates

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
And so far Utah has not made an announcement. Which is key to support the theory UConn is in.

This seems pretty simple at this point: UA and ASU are in, whichever of Utah or UConn announces a board meeting first is the lucky winner for spot 16.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This seems pretty simple at this point: UA and ASU are in, whichever of Utah or UConn announces a board meeting first is the lucky winner for spot 16.
I believe UConn already did this.

Reaction Score
I think it is UCONN if one or both of AZ schools stay in P12. I think it is Utah if both of the AZ teams opt to move to B12. I think we are likely to see a board meeting pop for either UT or CT shortly after the AZ meeting tonight.

Reaction Score
So who is on our side regarding B12? We know Yormark wants us. I have to imagine ESPN does too, as we are currently a FOX/CBSS property. FOX may be lukewarm, but the deal can be structured to reduce our initial payout and save them the difference in what they pay us now.

If 6 of the 12 presidents prefer UConn to Utah, you'd think it would be a home run

Reaction Score
All you need to know is that Arizona and Arizona State are likely going to be announced to the Big XII within the next week and that we are probably going to lose out on the 16th spot to Utah.

Everything else is irrelevant to us

I really don't think that the Big 12 wants both AZ schools. That redundancy isn't going to add value. The same goes with Utah. The 12 already has BYU.

I think the AZ BOR is pushing for both schools, but I don't think they will get both in. Just my two cents

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I really don't think that the Big 12 wants both AZ schools. That redundancy isn't going to add value. The same goes with Utah. The 12 already has BYU.

I think the AZ BOR is pushing for both schools, but I don't think they will get both in. Just my two cents
I hope not, because just one getting in kills our shot just as effectively as all of Arizona, Arizona State and Utah getting in

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
Another place to hash out the same stuff?
can only parse through so many pages of "Is Ames a real place?" and college president/political dynamics to find real info lol

Reaction Score
I hope not, because just one getting in kills our shot just as effectively as all of Arizona, Arizona State and Utah getting in

Well, the Big 12 will most likely go to 16 or 20 at this point.

14 is not optimal for scheduling purposes. It's a fire sale, so right now everyone is going to fill their baskets.

I think UConn will be there too

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom