TJ Power entering the Portal | Page 3 | The Boneyard

TJ Power entering the Portal

Reaction Score
All these players leaving Duke. Hope Flagg and others are seeing this. This is them next year with a new crop of newcomers entering. Where did all these "smart" Dookies think they were all gone play? There is only one basketball guys.

Saying Flagg is going to be pushed out of Duke by their incoming class next season certainly is a take.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
A Duke one and done takes on new meaning. Might this happen every year, lol?

As Cal hasn't found out, but I think K eventually realized, once you sell your program's soul to the one and done devil and needing to push out 3/4 of your roster yearly to have the PT to promise to HS stars, you can't recover.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Some of you are lunatics.

This kid was a top 25 recruit before he fell in a hole at Doogie Howser’s basketball camp in Durham. You absolutely take a look at him if he wants to come here - he’s good.

Plus, he’s a lefty (baseball only) with a 90 mph fast ball. We can loan him to Hook C out of season.

Reaction Score
Easy Pass. No Dookies allowed at the Basketball Capital of the World unless it’s the whole team coming to get beat down in a game.

Edit: And yes that includes Cooper too.
Glad some other feel like I do! Once you go to Duke the only way you should be allowed back to Storrs is for a good ole ass whipping!

College Basketball GIF by Arkansas Razorbacks

Reaction Score
Glad some other feel like I do! Once you go to Duke the only way you should be allowed back to Storrs is for a good ole ass whipping!

College Basketball GIF by Arkansas Razorbacks

Again this makes zero sense. How fun would it be for a Dukie to hardly get off the bench for Scheyer and then leave for UConn only to average 16/7 under the tutelage of DH and staff on his way to the FF? That hurts those fools even more I promise.

Reaction Score
Again this makes zero sense. How fun would it be for a Dukie to hardly get off the bench for Scheyer and then leave for UConn only to average 16/7 under the tutelage of DH and staff on his way to the FF? That hurts those fools even more I promise.
Plus if we were to meet up in the tournament that kid would run through a wall to help give Scheyer the L. You have me intrigued.

Reaction Score
Agreed. UConn WBB beating Tennessee w/ Evina Westbrook in national flag blue made the win that much sweeter.

Reaction Score
This one hits close to home for me literally.

My wife is a gigantic Duke fan, and I have been banging my spoon against my high chair for 12 months about how overrated the kid was blah blah..

It was painful when he committed to Duke, but back to back championships have vaulted me to the head of the class in my house when it comes to basketball (what a ridiculous ego Duke fans still have).

At the end of the day, he did play well there in limited minutes - shot well. I was wrong that he could compete at this level, pleasantly surprised. Hope he finds a nice spot back in the northeast to shine.

Reaction Score
He's got a big problem of his own making though. He loaded up on front court players and someone just whispered to him that he needs guards and experience, promises be damned.

He has a hype machine putting out multiple daily releases about all the wonderful moves he's making and he got caught up in the 5 star pursuit.

I wonder how many years of failure to win the big one it will take for the luster of Duke to be lost? Probably more than five but they do have several decades of hype that will be hard to diminish rapidly. Sort of like Tex Schram with the Cowboys. I used to laugh at the start of all their broadcasts as the announcers dutifully recounted all the outstanding drafts he was known for..............except none were in the last 10 to 15 years.
When was the last time Michigan State won a title? Are they still getting shine as if they won it all last year??? It’s even longer for Indiana, and they are considered blue bloods. The answer is it will be a while before they lose their status.

Reaction Score
Saying Flagg is going to be pushed out of Duke by their incoming class next season certainly is a take.
True, he is a one and done player. Next year this time he will be declaring for the NBA. But his point is valid: Duke went all Calipari in their approach. They will lose multiple players for the NBA and their class will be top rated again next year, and they will fail to make the final four again. You cannot win with all freshmen.

Reaction Score
Not a bad option as a local kid, rotational player with upside that could stick around for a couple years. It really depends on what he wants. If it’s to win, get a fair chance and be developed, without the up current of a Flagg class overshadowing you, then come on down.

Reaction Score
That's what folks were saying about the previous class. They weren't simply looking at them as a bridge class ("You guys just keep us afloat til we get more talented players next year").

Reaction Score
So Duke is only looking to recruit role players to be available for practice against Flagg, Bongo, et al. That's an interesting pitch.

Reaction Score
So Duke is only looking to recruit role players to be available for practice against Flagg, Bongo, et al. That's an interesting pitch.
Flagg would start on every single college basketball roster next season. Every player knows that. He's a one and done, penciled in starter for next year. Duke will have to bring guys in from the portal, but they will all 100% know that Flagg is starting.

Reaction Score
Being the kid in, watch him flourish, then put flyers on the car windshield of every New England basketball parent telling them to knock the Duke crap off, the basketball capitol is only a few hours away.

Reaction Score
Flagg would start on every single college basketball roster next season. Every player knows that. He's a one and done, penciled in starter for next year. Duke will have to bring guys in from the portal, but they will all 100% know that Flagg is starting.
He'd almost certainly be the #1 pick in this year's draft if he was eligible. He may have chose poorly for his 1 and done school, but he'll be legit.

Reaction Score
That's what folks were saying about the previous class. They weren't simply looking at them as a bridge class ("You guys just keep us afloat til we get more talented players next year").
Will they tell Cameron Boozer and Caleb Wilson that their job is to give the Class of 24 a good look in practice?

Reaction Score
Will they tell Cameron Boozer and Caleb Wilson that their job is to give the Class of 24 a good look in practice?
No, because most of the class of 24 will be in the NBA. They have something like 4 projected one and done lottery picks in the class of 24, so those guys declare and Boozer replaces them

Reaction Score
No, because most of the class of 24 will be in the NBA. They have something like 4 projected one and done lottery picks in the class of 24, so those guys declare and Boozer replaces them
Yeah, that's what they tell every class.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
This one hits close to home for me literally.

My wife is a gigantic Duke fan, and I have been banging my spoon against my high chair for 12 months about how overrated the kid was blah blah..

It was painful when he committed to Duke, but back to back championships have vaulted me to the head of the class in my house when it comes to basketball (what a ridiculous ego Duke fans still have).

At the end of the day, he did play well there in limited minutes - shot well. I was wrong that he could compete at this level, pleasantly surprised. Hope he finds a nice spot back in the northeast to shine.

Reaction Score
I’m interested in him if Karaban is really gone. I believe in his pedigree. Duke was the wrong place for him. Same as Reed Jr and Michigan.

imagine how good these two would be if they had been with Danny from Day 1? But if he doesn’t end up here , I hope he chooses a big east team. Marquette or Providence could be nice

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom