TJ Power entering the Portal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

TJ Power entering the Portal

Reaction Score
My wife is a Dookie, and I've seen all their televised games this year. Power is the definition of a "pure shooter." If we're looking for a deadeye off the bench, we can't do better. As an all-around 3 or 4, however, he is no Karaban, nor will he challenge Stewart, either.

Reaction Score
I still think Power will be a good player, but he’s in the awkward zone of not being proven as a starter on a contender while wanting a promised large role. For that reason I don’t see it happening here.
He also doesn't have a true position. He's a tall scorer that can't keep up with wings or win body battles on the blocks. He's a stretch 4 minus the 4.

Reaction Score
I don’t get the many who say “no Dukies allowed”?? To me I would love to bring one in (like Roach) if they fit and win a title with their guy. This would hurt them as much as us kicking their respective butts head to head. Kid couldn’t win under Scheyer but does it with the Huskies!

Reaction Score
I don't think we can wait until June to see if AK is staying in. The staff needs to recruit and portal like he's gone. If he decides late, they'll have to free up a scholarship which will suck for somebody.
Pull scholarship and cover with nil

Reaction Score
The coup de grace for Hurley would be to take a player that floundered at Duke and turn him into a star. Power may not be that player, but the opportunity will eventually be there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Duke is falling apart
That's because all the naive Flaggs and Bongos of the top HS recruits fall for the dream that they will be the "man" in that program. News flash, that ain't the case. Who's next in shattered dreams in spring of '25.

Reaction Score
The coup de grace for Hurley would be to take a player that floundered at Duke and turn him into a star. Power may not be that player, but the opportunity will eventually be there.
And the destroy duke in the tourney with their former players

caw

Reaction Score
Was wondering why they were rumored to be after Mason Gillis and others. Makes sense now. How odd to have three ex-five star recruits transfer out in the same year, and still bring in 5 new ones.

That total may be more than UConn has ever had.

As for Power, he's Karaban sized but thinner and a great shooter. He's a bit of a tweener, in that he is a bit too slow to play the three and not really strong enough to play the four. He didn't appear to develop at all at Duke. I am a bit unsure which player has under Scheyer.

Reaction Score
I kind of doubt we show serious interest. If we do, it probably means AK is gone (and that is unlikely)

Reaction Score
At least Dook has a great “ in game” coach that can make adjustments on the fly. errr nope.

Reaction Score
I would definitely take him as a role player project, but nothing about his resume says high impact 3peat guy. He should basically have a shrine to Karaban in his dorm room since that's what it's going to take for him to get consistent minutes at the 4 on a contender.

Reactions: caw

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Same. Usually catching up on NFL Draft rumors this time of the year, not now. Someone mentioned to me that MLB season started…
It took Sanogo's 22 & 20 game for me to know it was the last weekend of the NBA regular season, and now that even with play-ins more than half the league will still be in the playoffs, I can still keep sitting things out.

Poe

Reaction Score
And this is why I’m on the yard constantly even though we won #6. There’s just too much daily men’s basketball content. It’s outrageous now.
There is no off season anymore, haha

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Power was not given a legit chance. They would’ve been much better if they gave him some minutes.

Reaction Score
Scheyer was selling his incoming freshmen on PT. Manifesting itself right before our eyes.
He's got a big problem of his own making though. He loaded up on front court players and someone just whispered to him that he needs guards and experience, promises be damned.

He has a hype machine putting out multiple daily releases about all the wonderful moves he's making and he got caught up in the 5 star pursuit.

I wonder how many years of failure to win the big one it will take for the luster of Duke to be lost? Probably more than five but they do have several decades of hype that will be hard to diminish rapidly. Sort of like Tex Schram with the Cowboys. I used to laugh at the start of all their broadcasts as the announcers dutifully recounted all the outstanding drafts he was known for..............except none were in the last 10 to 15 years.

Reaction Score
My wife is a Dookie, and I've seen all their televised games this year. Power is the definition of a "pure shooter." If we're looking for a deadeye off the bench, we can't do better. As an all-around 3 or 4, however, he is no Karaban, nor will he challenge Stewart, either.
Does she still hop up and down the whole game? Even our games?:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
He didn't even consider Uconn coming out of high school being from nearby Mass. Why should we give him a chance when he failed to impress while at Duke? Pass
“After a great unofficial visit today, I’m excited to receive an offer from Coach Hurley and the staff at UConn,” Power tweeted. “Thank you to Coach [Tom] Moore for showing me around the facilities and allowing me to watch the team workout.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom