Thoughts and Prayers For KLS for a quick recovery | The Boneyard

Thoughts and Prayers For KLS for a quick recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Every injury is serious. Some are more serious than others. This injury is far less serious than some alternatives. With this, 6 weeks plus 2-3 rehab and you're back to form. UConn has been lucky to avoid the injury bug this year. It's just unfortunate it had to happen and happen to Lou. Keep your chin up young lady.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Every injury is serious. Some are more serious than others. This injury is far less serious than some alternatives. With this, 6 weeks plus 2-3 rehab and you're back to form. UConn has been lucky to avoid the injury bug this year. It's just unfortunate it had to happen and happen to Lou. Keep your chin up young lady.
This may or may not be true since we do not know the exact injury at this point.

Reaction Score
Broken bone in the foot is no picnic, but it could have been so much worse. Think ACL....

Reaction Score
Lou will come back more determined next year... From the improvement I've witnessed from the beginning of the year until now... Watch out NCAA.... This is going to light a fire...

Reaction Score

That may not be true at all. Some broken bones in the foot can be very serious.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I know she was frustrated and felt terrible. Not the way she expected her final 4 experience to go, but best of luck for a speedy recovery. I know she will be cheering like crazy from the bench. Now is the time for Gabby, Napheesa, and maybe even Saniya and Natalie to step up...

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Let us hope this is not the start of a Bill Walton-like chronic problem.

Even in the best case, this takes out some summer training for the second year in a row. I hope this is a "she's young and heels fast" sort of thing.

Reaction Score
Some broken bones in the foot have turned out to be worse than an ACL. Hopefully that is not the case here.

Exactly. God forbid if this requires surgery then she could be looking at a lengthy rehab.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
The ESPN game summary said that the injury was to the "third metatarsal bone in her left foot." That doesn't mean anything to me; can one of you medical / training types help interpret that?

I also am surprised that people with no information immediately jump to worst-case possibilities. Why not assume a relatively benign outcome until we know otherwise? That domes the represent the balance of probabilities.

Reaction Score
OK.. Lou isn't dying, she just broke a bone in her foot. I've broken plenty. She'll be fine really. The team will be fine. I think they've won a game or two during the season when she was either benched or not playing well.

I wish her a speedy recovery. She still gets a ring if they pull out the win on Tuesday.

Reaction Score
OK.. Lou isn't dying, she just broke a bone in her foot. I've broken plenty. She'll be fine really. The team will be fine. I think they've won a game or two during the season when she was either benched or not playing well.

I wish her a speedy recovery. She still gets a ring if they pull out the win on Tuesday.

Your empathy is astounding.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
thirdM.jpg
I hope this is helpful... The third met is the middle bone shown in yellow.

View attachment 12975

Last edited by a moderator:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
OK.. Lou isn't dying, she just broke a bone in her foot. I've broken plenty.
how did your team do without you... did they bring the Championship Trophy home?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
The ESPN game summary said that the injury was to the "third metatarsal bone in her left foot." That doesn't mean anything to me; can one of you medical / training types help interpret that?

I also am surprised that people with no information immediately jump to worst-case possibilities. Why not assume a relatively benign outcome until we know otherwise? That domes the represent the balance of probabilities.
Some of us are worriers. It's in our nature. I won't say it's a good thing.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I feel badly for KLS. She's a competitor and going out right before the national championship hss to be killing her. My thoughts go out to her. Stay tough Lou.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Lou is a tough kid who has the strength of character to overcome this. She has been an athlete most of her life, and has seen the injury wheel of mis-fortune in operation around her. It is, regrettably, part of the student-athlete experience. She will be OK. It's a rotten deal, but it is what it is, and her team will rally to support her, then expect her to rally behind the team. And she will. It's how things work at Storrs.

Reaction Score

The only thing anyone did was to temper the uninformed optimism that was in some of the posts. Objectivity is not a bad thing, even if you don't like it.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
That may not be true at all. Some broken bones in the foot can be very serious.
Yes of course. However far less serious than a compound fracture of another bone in the foot. The problem is bones in the foot like the hand are very small and occasionally (and I say occasionally) do not heal well or quickly. These are usually stress fractures which can be chronic problems. Stress fractures as I understand them (and I may be wrong) aren't generally the kind you hear pop. That's a usually clean break. Still in all you may be all right and I completely wrong. I'm no doctor.

Reaction Score

Yes, because when you are an elite college basketball player, that picked UConn in the hopes of playing in games like the one Tuesday night, not playing is really no big deal.

They are basketball players, they are basketball games, this is a basketball discussion board.

Are they fighting wars, curing cancer, fighting cancer? No...but I hardly see your point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duke79

Top Bottom