This game was all about the coach | Page 2 | The Boneyard

This game was all about the coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
On the coaches show Diaco was asked how he was going to game plan for BYU and their QB. He answered that it wasn't about game planning for BYU, it was about how UConn would prepare for the game.

Well, they came out and pooped the bed. The defense made critical penalties, they couldn't get lined up, didn't know if they should be on or off the field, lost their assignments, and let the QB walk into the end zone.

Then it was the special teams turn, a silly block below the waste became a 40-yard penalty and instead of having the ball in BYU territory the offense was backed up.

The offense ran one play and fumbled. Then the defense gave up a TD on one play.

Defense, Offense and STs, none of them were ready to go. They all acted like they had never been here before. I don't know what Diaco said pregame. But he should burn that speech.

The worse thing he did all night was remove CC after he moved the team all the way down the field. WTF was that. CW immediate got sacked twice, one because he forgot to throw the ball away and ran out of bounds. That coach's decision made no sense. NONE.

I did like one thing, that everyone else seems to hate. I loved the fake field goal. After years of coaches who never take a chance, the fake was a ballsy call. It didn't work but now it's on film for other teams. If this is exhibition season, then get a fake FG on tape. If nothing else, it will slow the rush on future FGs.

Tough to judge the players when the coach deserves a D or F. I will say this, however, Joe Gibbs lost the first five game he coached for the Redskins. He started 0-5. He eventually won three Super Bowls. So I ain't giving up on Diaco. Too small a sample size.

Wow, it must be nice to live in your simple black and white world of absolutes pal. This is just stupid.

Reaction Score
Stinger92860 said:
I wish I could like this again
Rabble! Rabble Rabble!

We are degrading into serious not picking here. Stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom