They finally get the helmets/uniforms right… | The Boneyard

They finally get the helmets/uniforms right…

Reaction Score
I know it’s an April Fools joke but the stickers aren’t photoshopped so it leads me to wonder if they would ever bust these out.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I actually like them. I'm bummed it's a joke.

Reaction Score
I cannot understand why anyone would want, for a logo, an image of a dog which appears about to burst into tears.

Like it just saw the team lose on a last minute pick six..........

Give me our new, fierce looking, husky all day every day!

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I just can't. Lol!! I keep looking at the helmet and start to crack up thinking about us running out of the tunnel with smoke and music blaring and the derpy Husky on the helmet. There's not another helmet in college sports that even comes close to looking as sad as that poor dog looks.

I'd love to see it

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I cannot understand why anyone would want, for a logo, an image of a dog which appears about to burst into tears.

Like it just saw the team lose on a last minute pick six..........

Give me our new, fierce looking, husky all day every day!
To me, it looks like it’s about to drop a deuce. Oddly, that doesn’t make me want it less as an alternative helmet.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I just can't. Lol!! I keep looking at the helmet and start to crack up thinking about us running out of the tunnel with smoke and music blaring and the derpy Husky on the helmet. There's not another helmet in college sports that even comes close to looking as sad as that poor dog looks.

I'd love to see it
Which race is an interesting question, which is the walkout music be if we were wearing the Derpy Dog helmets?

Reaction Score
Darn it looks so great. Oh well, it was an April Fool's joke. I hope they'll do a one off with those uniforms.

Reaction Score
These would be incredible alternates to bring out one year. We would get so much free coverage and exposure (and everyone loves a program that can laugh at themselves and lean in to the joke).

Reaction Score
You think they’ll bring back “Connecticut” on the uniforms?

Reaction Score
I think we need an identity. The Block C was UConn football for probably longer than any other in the last 50 years. Like Alabama with the numbers, Nebraska and the N, Michigan’s wings, ND’ gold, the Texas horns, Ohio Star’s silver with the red white and black stripe. I want a helmet that when you turn on a game, you say UConn. The Block C does that. College teams change helmet designs all the time. Programs don’t. I want to be a Program.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I think we need an identity. The Block C was UConn football for probably longer than any other in the last 50 years. Like Alabama with the numbers, Nebraska and the N, Michigan’s wings, ND’ gold, the Texas horns, Ohio Star’s silver with the red white and black stripe. I want a helmet that when you turn on a game, you say UConn. The Block C does that. College teams change helmet designs all the time. Programs don’t. I want to be a Program.

The block C existed for a decade plus and primarily in the minds of half the UConn fan base. It's about as far from iconic as you can get.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom