They finally get the helmets/uniforms right… | Page 2 | The Boneyard

They finally get the helmets/uniforms right…

Reaction Score

The block C is so clean with the fonts and letters on the uniform.

Here is a uniform design I’ve never seen that incorporates the Husky and our UConn brand… the red highlights remind me of Bball.
“Connecticut” or “UConn” across the front could look good too.

There are so many great designers out there that understand what UConn is and how it should look. I think with football we have lots of opportunities to use our existing brand and tie it into the brand that everyone recognizes as nationally.

1681493704172.png

Reaction Score
The block C existed for a decade plus and primarily in the minds of half the UConn fan base. It's about as far from iconic as you can get.
Yep. But we don’t ant to be what we’ve become. One of those schools wh change helmets more than most people change their socks. Last year we had like 6 different helmets. Pick one and just wear it 11 times. Then do 1 throwback with the 1968ish two color helmet with the football C.

Reaction Score
The two color helmet was 1965. White on 1 side blue on the other with a C shaped like a football on the side. That should be the throwback.

Reaction Score
Wish we had a better history to fall back on. We were 3-6 in 1965. There was a brief period in the late 80's when decent but had the UConn script. A throw back with UMass doing the same would probably work best but not home this year?

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
I think we need to think about uniforms & branding in terms of desired outcomes; what UConn football aspires to be and be recognized for, now that it seems to be rising out of the ashes of obscurity; and mixing metaphors, like a butterfly emerging from an ugly cocoon to take flight and sting like a bee (yeah, that last one was a stretch).

If we're honest about it, outside of our small group of die hards and fan base, and except for a relatively brief period of time over a decade ago, UConn football has, at best, been a momentary blip on the national college football radar screen.

If we aspire to be great on the national scene now, as both our men's and women's BB teams have been over the past 15+ years, and like several other major UConn sports teams are becoming, I think whatever decisions are made about football uniforms and branding should somehow reflect those successes, but also make a unique and lasting statement about UConn football that the college football world will notice and remember when we really start kicking butt and taking numbers.

Reaction Score
Yep. But we don’t ant to be what we’ve become. One of those schools wh change helmets more than most people change their socks. Last year we had like 6 different helmets. Pick one and just wear it 11 times. Then do 1 throwback with the 1968ish two color helmet with the football C.

Most teams don't do that anymore - they have multiple helmets they wear every season.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
What happened to the grey alternates from a few years ago? Those were great

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

If we're going to make it a throwback, can we wear our Aeropostale unis? I don't even care what they look like, I still laugh that we had uniforms made by Aeropostale and were a D1 program (even if it was our first year or two).

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'd love to see the logo they end all of their video clips with, the outline of the state with the logo in the middle, be put on a helmet. It's one of my favorite logos they've put together lately. I'd love to see what it'd look like on a helmet.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The block C is so clean with the fonts and letters on the uniform.

Here is a uniform design I’ve never seen that incorporates the Husky and our UConn brand… the red highlights remind me of Bball.
“Connecticut” or “UConn” across the front could look good too.

There are so many great designers out there that understand what UConn is and how it should look. I think with football we have lots of opportunities to use our existing brand and tie it into the brand that everyone recognizes as nationally.

View attachment 87361
The pants remind me of the basketball shorts which is a great signature look

Reaction Score
Wish we had a better history to fall back on. We were 3-6 in 1965. There was a brief period in the late 80's when decent but had the UConn script. A throw back with UMass doing the same would probably work best but not home this year?
I was kind of joking about the 65 one. I saw it referred to somewhere as one of the most unique helmets in football history. Then I found a picture on some helmet history site.

Im just not a fan of wearing a different uniform for every game. Simple as that. I think you have your uniform. It should identify your program. And if you look at the historic programs, that’s what they do. You don’t see USC coming out in Black shirts white pants and helmets with USC on them. The are cardinal, pants are gold and the helmets have the Trojan warrior.

Michigan doesn’t show up in grey uniforms with an M on the helmet. It’s maise and blue and the wings. We should follow the model of successful programs. My choice would be blue shirt, white pants, blue helmet with Block C at home. White shirt, white pants, blue helmet with Block C on the road. You want to wear blue pants every now and again, especially on the road ( though thankfully that trend seems to have gone out of style mostly) have at it. I for one am also thankful the greys seem To have joined the ConFliCT trophy in the dustbin of history.

Reaction Score
I was kind of joking about the 65 one. I saw it referred to somewhere as one of the most unique helmets in football history. Then I found a picture on some helmet history site.

Im just not a fan of wearing a different uniform for every game. Simple as that. I think you have your uniform. It should identify your program. And if you look at the historic programs, that’s what they do. You don’t see USC coming out in Black shirts white pants and helmets with USC on them. The are cardinal, pants are gold and the helmets have the Trojan warrior.

Michigan doesn’t show up in grey uniforms with an M on the helmet. It’s maise and blue and the wings. We should follow the model of successful programs. My choice would be blue shirt, white pants, blue helmet with Block C at home. White shirt, white pants, blue helmet with Block C on the road. You want to wear blue pants every now and again, especially on the road ( though thankfully that trend seems to have gone out of style mostly) have at it. I for one am also thankful the greys seem To have joined the ConFliCT trophy in the dustbin of history.
The cat is already out of the bag on keeping a consistent helmet/uniform design like Michigan and USC, we have literally changed it countless times already. We have no constant historical helmet, so may as well have fun with it and get recruits excited about wearing cool stuff. When Oregon started doing the uniform thing in the late 90s early 2000s, the exact same argument was made that USC doesn't do it, but Oregon embracing the uniforms turned them from a regional player into a national player recruiting wise and is one of the main things credited to their rise as a program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom