There were seven, and now only USC and Oregon State remain. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

There were seven, and now only USC and Oregon State remain.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Yes, certain schools ARE Bluebloods. Looking at wbb:

UConn is the bluest blood (royal blue) of them all. Southern Cal, Tennessee and Notre Dame Stanford, Baylor are all blue (though some are faded). South Carolina's blood is getting bluer by the year. Even LaTech retains some blue tinge. UConn is royalty. The rest are aristocrats. I have never heard anyone debate that UConn is NOT a blueblood. Occasional someone will argue that the are not THE only blueblood.

I really don't understand your post especially the bolded part. Every fan base feels slighted when not worshiped. "ESPN hates us!"

(with all that said, I felt the human committee members and pollsters were just plain stupid this year. They looked too much at who was injured rather than who was playing for y'all. The computers had it right.
It’s mostly directed at the UConn men’s team. After the guys won their 5th championship in 25 years, people were still debating whether or not the Huskies “deserved” to be called a blue blood with Kansas, North Carolina, Kentucky, Duke, Indiana (last title - 1987), and UCLA (last title - 1995). It’s bull hockey

3A577E5F-2560-4AEC-9A66-9DC1CEB9F764.jpeg

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Yes, certain schools ARE Bluebloods. Looking at wbb:

UConn is the bluest blood (royal blue) of them all. Southern Cal, Tennessee and Notre Dame Stanford, Baylor are all blue (though some are faded). South Carolina's blood is getting bluer by the year. Even LaTech retains some blue tinge. UConn is royalty. The rest are aristocrats. I have never heard anyone debate that UConn is NOT a blueblood. Occasional someone will argue that the are not THE only blueblood.

I really don't understand your post especially the bolded part. Every fan base feels slighted when not worshiped. "ESPN hates us!"

(with all that said, I felt the human committee members and pollsters were just plain stupid this year. They looked too much at who was injured rather than who was playing for y'all. The computers had it right.
Blueblood is a moniker used solely in the men's game. The bias of the NCAA and the news media that follow basketball has been apparent when you look at the UConn Men . Teams are called bluebloods who have not won in decades, the decade in which UConn won 5. And still the talking sports heads pretend to have serious debates about whether UConn is a blueblood. Flat out ridiculous.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32
Top Bottom