The Wire Season Two | Page 5 | The Boneyard

The Wire Season Two

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BTW I really don't care about the spoilers, carry on. I'll catch up as I'm able. Show is good but it hasn't consumed my life... yet.

Plow through s2 and then the fun begins

August_West

Reaction Score
Finished. Enjoyed that season a lot. Looking forward to Avon knocking Stringer off when he gets out in Season 3.

Season 2 is great. You are ahead of the game because most first timers like 1 better and then catch on later.

Good,
I finished 2 last night too.

You are about to enter the totally awesome zone.

Now lets talk a little about 2

I absolutely LOVE Brother Mousone and his lackey Lamar, but in a show that is pretty "real" I find him to be a less believable character.

Reaction Score
Season 2 is great. You are ahead of the game because most first timers like 1 better and then catch on later.

Good,
I finished 2 last night too.

You are about to enter the totally awesome zone.

Now lets talk a little about 2

I absolutely LOVE Brother Mousone and his lackey Lamar, but in a show that is pretty "real" I find him to be a less believable character.

******MAJOR SPOILERS******
Brother Mousone was a nice Mario Puzoish touch to the story. He added a little class and dignity to the Game. I'm looking forward to him hunting down Stringer too, who basically has everyone lined up as an enemy now or in the future. Not sure who I'm cheering to cap his arse.

Still, I think one of the reasons I liked Season 2 is because they didn't catch the Greek. Season 1 is realistic up until the end when they bring down a major drug lord just like that. It was a bit too neat. I liked the messiness of Season 2 better.

August_West

Reaction Score
Brother Mousone was a nice Mario Puzoish touch to the story. He added a little class and dignity to the Game. I'm looking forward to him hunting down Stringer too, who basically has everyone lined up as an enemy now or in the future. Not sure who I'm cheering to cap his arse.

Still, I think one of the reasons I liked Season 2 is because they didn't catch the Greek. Season 1 is realistic up until the end when they bring down a major drug lord just like that. It was a bit too neat. I liked the messiness of Season 2 better.

Cheese told him to go get his Bean Pie. LOL

August_West

Reaction Score

So let me ask you something. Because I noticed it on rewatch but wanted to see if it impacted a first time watcher. Does the name Bunny Colvin. (or Major Colvin) mean anything to you. Did he even make an impression?

Reaction Score
Was Baltimore that crime infested in the 2000s? I was living in DC at the time and don't remember that reputation. Granted, I only went there for Orioles games, but still.

August_West

Reaction Score
Was Baltimore that crime infested in the 2000s? I was living in DC at the time and don't remember that reputation. Granted, I only went there for Orioles games, but still.

Yes.
I was there in the mid 90's for a short time and it is pretty damn spot on to that period.

Keep in mind the Harbor is like a part that they spend a lot of resources to keep the rest of the city out of.

Western Baltimore (where much of this is set) is still really bad today even.

Reaction Score
So let me ask you something. Because I noticed it on rewatch but wanted to see if it impacted a first time watcher. Does the name Bunny Colvin. (or Major Colvin) mean anything to you. Did he even make an impression?

No.

Reaction Score
Yes.
I was there in the mid 90's for a short time and it is pretty damn spot on to that period.

Keep in mind the Harbor is like a part that they spend a lot of resources to keep the rest of the city out of.

Western Baltimore (where much of this is set) is still really bad today even.

Odds I have ever been in West Baltimore? Zero to none.

August_West

Reaction Score

I dont think he was supposed to, but he is a MAJOR character as you are about to find out. and they did introduce him in season 2.

Its pretty damn cool how inconsequential scenes and characters are introduced long before they have a story line, and the way they are introduced is totally apropos to their upcoming storyline, but there would be no way to know that at all without seeing whats next.

I guess I couldve saved some words by saying the Wire foreshadows as well as any show ever. So subtle.

Reaction Score
Yes, Baltimore has always been really bad. Worse than Chicago but as a news watcher you would think Chicago is the only place in the country with crime over the past 8 years.

Reaction Score
Bunny Colvin is a top three character for me.

Reaction Score
I dont think he was supposed to, but he is a MAJOR character as you are about to find out. and they did introduce him in season 2.

Its pretty damn cool how inconsequential scenes and characters are introduced long before they have a story line, and the way they are introduced is totally apropos to their upcoming storyline, but there would be no way to know that at all without seeing whats next.

I guess I couldve saved some words by saying the Wire foreshadows as well as any show ever. So subtle.
You can see in like the second or third episode that Wallace will eventually get killed. Tons of foreshadowing with the second set of kids introduced in S4 too

Reaction Score

I'm so awful at picking up the names that asking me in that way is kind of useless. I wasn't kidding when I said in the first thread I need to see something to remember it (which is probably why music doesn't do it for me---can't pick out a damn word anyone's ever singing).

August_West

Reaction Score
I'm so awful at picking up the names that asking me in that way is kind of useless. I wasn't kidding when I said in the first thread I need to see something to remember it (which is probably why music doesn't do it for me---can't pick out a damn word anyone's ever singing).

In this case I think it's expected.

Also wire has SO MANY ancillary characters .
Even though you heard their names a bunch I couldn't pick out stinkum and bird until like 3rd watch through

Reaction Score

Even though you heard their names a bunch I couldn't pick out stinkum and bird until like 3rd watch through
I expected this from but not from you. Your viewing abilities are extremely disappointing. I still have faith in CTMike.

August_West

Reaction Score
I expected this from but not from you. Your viewing abilities are extremely disappointing. I still have faith in CTMike.
jimmy-mcnulty.gif

Reaction Score

I wouldn't even consider those two ancillary characters. You hear their names a lot, but they have no more than a dozen lines total and ultimately have no real part in the plot. Wee Bey, Slim Charles, and Cheese are more "ancillary" IMO and you definitely don't forget them

Reaction Score
I wouldn't even consider those two ancillary characters. You hear their names a lot, but they have no more than a dozen lines total and ultimately have no real part in the plot. Wee Bey, Slim Charles, and Cheese are more "ancillary" IMO and you definitely don't forget them
Wee-Bey is the ultimate soldier. When he's copping to murders for another pit beef sandwich with extra horseradish is one of my all-time favorite moments in the show. Nahhhhhh

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

What the hell you gonna do (did you do) when Snoop starts talking? THERE was a lot of what?, rewind, what?, rewind.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom