The Wire Season Two | The Boneyard

The Wire Season Two

Reaction Score
Going to start this one tomorrow night. Apparently I'm not gonna like it, . . . . . What should know in advance?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Going to start this one tomorrow night. Apparently I'm not gonna like it, . . . . . What should know in advance?

You probably need to know ... Omar Comin'!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
It's not bad - it's just totally disconnected from the rest of the series.

It's not disconnected from rest of series. There are continuations of story lines of the lions share of the important characters from season 1. It's just that the main story arc is very different.

You will like it .

I love brother mousone and his lAckey

I love the tennis ball

It's great stuff,

how'd you like season 1?

Reaction Score
It's not disconnected from rest of series. There are continuations of story lines of the lions share of the important characters from season 1. It's just that the main story arc is very different.

You will like it .

I love the tennis ball

It's great stuff,

how'd you like season 1?
I got one in the chamber, case you ponderin'

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Season Two follows McNulty just like the rest of the series. The season is set on the docks because McNulty has been reassigned to the Marine Unit. It also follows the overall theme of the show, but instead of illustrating the effects of corrupted black poor urban youth, It shows it's effect on the middle aged white blue-collar union worker, while continuing to show the dysfunctional politics within law enforcement.

When I first watched the series, I noticed the music of Season Two. Tom Waits performs the opening theme, "Way Down in the Hole" (He wrote the original.), and Steve Earle (featured later on) performs the season ending montage song, "I Feel Alright." The music in general reflects the theme of the individual seasons.

Reaction Score

You will like it .

I love the tennis ball

It's great stuff,

how'd you like season 1?

I enjoyed it a lot. It was very well done. Not sure that it is mind boggling good---the way you and some others spoke about it raised expectations to impossible levels to meet. But that's not a fair standard.

I'm definitely glad I'm watching it in binge fashion. It's a nice long movie, and I've enjoyed it enough that I have it penciled in for the remainder of the week.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I enjoyed it a lot. It was very well done. Not sure that it is mind boggling good---the way you and some others spoke about it raised expectations to impossible levels to meet. But that's not a fair standard.

I'm definitely glad I'm watching it in binge fashion. It's a nice long movie, and I've enjoyed it enough that I have it penciled in for the remainder of the week.

The series as a whole is the score here.

Also, its 3 and 4 that are transcendent. But all are great.

Reaction Score
I don't like the fact that one of the features of this site, bold vs. un-bold, which indicates a new post in a thread, remains bold until you click on the thread, is somehow mixed in with regular Cesspool threads, even though these particular threads are targeted to or created by followers of some random show on a random cable network. Is there any way to clean this up?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom