The Wire and actors in multiple series | The Boneyard

The Wire and actors in multiple series

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There's an amazing number of actors who are in more than one of the 'major' cable series.

I finally got around to starting to watch The Wire...I'm in the fourth season and in the episode I'm watching, there's Wendell Pierce from Treme (I hate Treme), Lance Reddick from Fringe/Lost, Seth Gilliam from Treme (I hate Treme), Michael Williams from Boardwalk Empire, Aidan Gillen from Game of Thrones, Anwar Glover from Treme (I hate Treme) and Chad Coleman who basically plays the same character as he does in The Walking Dead.

It seems that every time I watch one of these shows, I see an actor from another one of them. Obviously, some of that is due to creative teams working on more than one series, but people who land in these series make a very nice career of it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Dominic Chianese is in Boardwalk Empire. One of my few criticisms of the Sopranos is how the writers disposed of junior. Making him old and senile was boring and formulaic.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I can't see Williams in Boardwalk Empire without hearing, "Omar comin'"

There's an amazing number of actors who are in more than one of the 'major' cable series.

I finally got around to starting to watch The Wire...I'm in the fourth season and in the episode I'm watching, there's Wendell Pierce from Treme (I hate Treme), Lance Reddick from Fringe/Lost, Seth Gilliam from Treme (I hate Treme), Michael Williams from Boardwalk Empire, Aidan Gillen from Game of Thrones, Anwar Glover from Treme (I hate Treme) and Chad Coleman who basically plays the same character as he does in The Walking Dead.

It seems that every time I watch one of these shows, I see an actor from another one of them. Obviously, some of that is due to creative teams working on more than one series, but people who land in these series make a very nice career of it.

Reaction Score

Larry Gilliard Jr., who played D'Angelo Barksdale on the Wire, is also in Walking Dead as the doctor.

David Simon does a terrific job casting his shows. From Homicide: Richard Belzer, Andre Braugher, Clark Peters (does a lot of directing now), Melissa Leo, Peter Gerety, Jon Seda, Callie Thorne, Zeljko Ivanek, Michele Forbes, Giancarlo Esposito, Jon Polito, and Edie Falco!

I've been watching a number of British series and it's also amazing how many familiar faces recycle through their fare.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Jon Bernthal and Jeffrey DeMunn from the The Walking Dead are on Mob City (TNT) which starts tonight (Wed 12/4). Developed by Frank Darabont, who also developed The Walking Dead. Also Andrew Rothenberg who had a smaller role on TWD (Jim).

Reaction Score
Jon Bernthal and Jeffrey DeMunn from the The Walking Dead are on Mob City (TNT) which starts tonight (Wed 12/4). Developed by Frank Darabont, who also developed The Walking Dead. Also Andrew Rothenberg who had a smaller role on TWD (Jim).

DeMunn is apparently attached to the hip w/ Darabont. Darabont said he won't do a project without first checking the actor's schedule.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
DeMunn is apparently attached to the hip w/ Darabont. Darabont said he won't do a project without first checking the actor's schedule.
Yea, I've read he's been in quite a bit of Frank's stuff. Green Mile, Shawshank Redemption, The Mist, The Majestic.

Reaction Score

Could I suggest that you might want to stop watching Treme?

Reaction Score
How does nobody mention Idris Elba on Luther, awesome show and awesome character.

Reaction Score
Idris Elba is a movie star at this point, and I do not think Luther is still on, and it is not that good (or at least there are much better UK police shows out there)

Reaction Score
Clarke Peters (Lester Freamon) created and wrote "Unforgettable" for Hartford Stage in 2006. A little local "Wire" trivia.

Reaction Score
If you haven't seen it, you should rent the series Oz. It was one of, if not the first, HBO series that paved the way for later series like Sopranos and The Wire. You won't go an episode without seeing someone who later went on to star in other shows. It's also yet another show that makes me realize I would not fare well in prison.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Over the weekend, we started watching "Six Feet Under".

At some point, there was a familiar character and I looked her up - Molly Parker.

She went from Six Feet Under to Deadwood to Boardwalk Empire to Dexter. No big parts outside of Deadwood, but still fits the thread.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Paula Malcomson might have a record of some sort...she was even in ER for a while.

Six Feet Under --> Deadwood --> Lost --> John from Cincinnati --> Sons of Anarchy --> Archer --> Ray Donovan.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I'm streaming the Olympics right now and saw a new PowerAde commercial. Is that Congressman Clay Davis playing the bailiff? Yes. Yes, it is.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

Reaction Score
I've heard good things about the Wire. Is it up there with breaking bad and true detective? Is it on netflix?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I've heard good things about the Wire. Is it up there with breaking bad and true detective? Is it on netflix?
The wire is one of the best shows in the history of television. If True Detective is as good to be put in the same sentence as Breaking Bad. I'll have to catch up.

Reaction Score
True Detective is only 8 episodes with these characters and this storyline and then a new season with new characters and a new story. It's only 5 episodes in but so far it's better than Breaking Bad.

Reaction Score
It's outstanding but BB was great for six years. regardless I'd suggest to anyone who has HBO that hasn't watched it to get cracking.
In retrospect I wish I didn't start watching until six or seven weeks in. Waiting for one show a week is killing me.
BB I didn't start watching unti season five started. It was great watching 2-3 hours a night.

Anyway, I'll definitely start watching the wire.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The Wire was really, really good.

The only chink in the armor is that in the last season or so you can begin to see the hints of preachiness that eventually would become Treme.

I really, really, really hated Treme. God, it was awful.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Zach McGowan. Was on Shameless as a meaningful secondary character for 2 years and now is one of the major characters of Black Sails.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
A correlated thread would be actresses (or actors if that is your thing) that get naked on a cable show while appearing in standard family fare on the major networks.

Jane Levy was originally cast as Mandy Milkovich on Shameless, but left for Surburgatory on NBC, and the role was recast with Emma Greenwell. There is a lot of nudity on Shameless, and I wonder if Levy could have gotten the part on the NBC show if she had hung on at Shameless for another season, because the Milkovich character is topless a lot.

Although Axl's girlfriend Cassidy from the Middle took her top off on Shameless while she was still on the Middle, and that didn't seem to matter, so maybe it doesn't matter. All the actors on Oz got naked almost every episode, and Christopher Meloni is one of the bigger stars on TV.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom