The play you first think about by player... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The play you first think about by player...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Also not mentioned:

Antric Klaiber sitting in Calhoun's doghouse.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I loved the Lamb steal out of mid air but his absolute monster jam versus the cupcake Columbia was incredible. He was leaning top heavy over the rim. Poster of posterizing. You cannot deny this is one of the best UConn dunks ever. Just sick air with emphatic finish.
BTW... Great thread Oka!

As great as that dunk was, Raf's call is even better.

COCK THAT BABY!!!

I seriously rolled off my couch laughing when he said that.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Dyson completely posterizing somebody @ MSG and it being called an offensive foul.

Ha, I was there, and and I DVR'd the game, and as soon as I got home I rewound and re-watched that play about 20 times in a row. What a BS call!!!

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Rod Sellers smashing Chrissy's head into the court.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Also not mentioned:

Antric Klaiber sitting in Calhoun's doghouse.
I was going to say Antric Klaiber's cameo in the '99 title game. I still think that was Calhoun's way of saying to K, "You think I'm scared of you? I'm not."

Reaction Score
Dyson completely posterizing somebody @ MSG and it being called an offensive foul.
Ha, I was there, and and I DVR'd the game, and as soon as I got home I rewound and re-watched that play about 20 times in a row. What a BS call!!!

Such BS. But seeing this play just gets me excited to see Rodney Purvis and Prince Ali play here. I'm sure those two will have the chance to throw down some nasty dunks like Dyson's.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

rooster THAT BABY!!!

Seriously? We can post a youtube of this, but can't say it? Well done!

Reaction Score
Ben Gordon - Game winning drive in the '04 BET title game vs. Pitt.
A game I wish I could rewatch. Both that (and the 2002 title game) were fantastic. It would be nice if some entitity would load those up for watching, as the NCAA did with the vault.

Reaction Score
Bazz: Steal leading to lay up and one against Kentuck his frosh year in Maui. Just the intensity going against Doron Lamb was what sold me on him. He had something to prove that game.

I was going to pick the same obscure play. The birth of the reach around bandit. I think it sticks out because we had to "settle" for Bazz after missing out on Knight and Lamb and it was great to see Bazz stick it to them. Great thread btw. Hopefully his most memorable moment is yet to come.

Reaction Score

rooster THAT BABY!!!

For those of you without sound it was

"(slang for male genital that rhymes with sock) that baby!!!!

That was Verne Lindquist I think. Classic.

Reaction Score
I was going to pick the same obscure play. The birth of the reach around bandit. I think it sticks out because we had to "settle" for Bazz after missing out on Knight and Lamb and it was great to see Bazz stick it to them. Great thread btw. Hopefully his most memorable moment is yet to come.

He stared D. Lamb down too after the foul, you could tell right at that moment that Bazz was a bad ass.

Reaction Score
For Lamb I would have to go with the 3 agaisnt SDSU off of AO's offensive rebound when the team was clinging to a 1 point lead. I can still hear that call like it was yesterday.

Lundquist: "on the floor, Lamb for 3..."
Raftery: "woooh, dagger!"

Reaction Score
A game I wish I could rewatch. Both that (and the 2002 title game) were fantastic. It would be nice if some entitity would load those up for watching, as the NCAA did with the vault.

I've been hoping to find that game somewhere too, that one and the five 2011 BET games.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
For those of you without sound it was

"(slang for male genital that rhymes with sock) that baby!!!!

That was Verne Lindquist I think. Classic.

No, Raf. It was an ESPN broadcast, so couldn't have possibly been Verne, even if the idea that it took a good rational thought precludes it from being him, anyway.

Reaction Score
K-Free snatching a rebound over battier who tried to draw a charge. Kevin stood over him, glaring (menacingly) essentially calling him a punk and to play men's basketball.

Big moment in that Championship game for me, I knew then that we were going to win!

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Great thread! Reading brought back a whole lot of fond memories.

I agree about Bazz's rebound/putback/help up Kromah and speed back on D sequence last night. Everything you need to know about Bazz in 3 seconds.

Can't think of Kemba without thinking of McGhee on the floor.

A hole bunch of floaters in the lane come to mind with the mention of Jeremy's name.

Cant think of Edzilla without seeing Mr. Softee from Arizona running to get out of his way as he drove the lane for a monster jam.

When I think of Ricky, two images pop into my head. First it's the look on his face in the Gtown game when he was throttling Allen Iverson. Didn't see that look again until Langdon's travel. But the 2nd image I see is Ricky driving to the iron in the first half of the 99 championship.

I can't recall the game it was in, but when I think of KO the player, I think of him making a 3 pointer that was almost a Lamb-esque floater. He was coming down court hard and left the ground just outside the 3 point line, but didn't release the ball until he was just about to touch down again, inside the FT line. Opposing coach almost had a stroke when they called it a 3!

I can still picture Lyman leaning on Shaq and keeping him too far from the hoop to dunk.

Reaction Score
It's almost as interesting who hasn't been mentioned in this thread as much as who has.

Has anybody submitted a Rudy Gay moment? It's amazing to think, but a player of his caliber -- when all is said and done -- had a fairly unremarkable career here.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
It's almost as interesting who hasn't been mentioned in this thread as much as who has.

Has anybody submitted a Rudy Gay moment? It's amazing to think, but a player of his caliber -- when all is said and done -- had a fairly unremarkable career here.

I had one but you are right. Not really a significant play, just a sick dunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom