The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2022 | Page 41 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2022

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The Yankees should be much better next year. They have Judge! And IKF! And Rizzo! Much better! Oh... nevermind.

Rodon is needed to make me feel like this team has improved. Evolaldi is essentially a wash with Taillon... especially with his injuries.
They were the best team in baseball. Winning a WS is half luck.

Reaction Score
They were the best team in baseball. Winning a WS is half luck.

They looked like the best team in baseball when they somehow were 61-23. Unfortunately those of us that know reality were waiting for that to set in and Lord knows it did. Looking at where they are right now not even a playoff team but that’s fine with Hal. Why else would he bring Cashman back, you know what you’re going to get?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
They looked like the best team in baseball when they somehow were 61-23. Unfortunately those of us that know reality were waiting for that to set in and Lord knows it did. Looking at where they are right now not even a playoff team but that’s fine with Hal. Why else would he bring Cashman back, you know what you’re going to get?
Unfortunately those of us that know reality were waiting for that to set in and Lord knows it did.
it did?
it was this or the korn one, but everrone knows that korn is always miserable and cranky with their lyrics. no news with them.
this one sounds all flower powery. groovy. still aboot loopy, but in a nice way.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
They were the best team in baseball.
At the end of the year? When it mattered? No...no they weren't. I would say they were maybe 5-10 in all of baseball. No Yankee fan who was paying attention thought they could compete with Houston. And they didn't.

Reaction Score
At the end of the year? When it mattered? No...no they weren't. I would say they were maybe 5-10 in all of baseball. No Yankee fan who was paying attention thought they could compete with Houston. And they didn't.

At the end of the year, I'd guess more than half of MLB were playing better baseball than the Yankees were.

Reaction Score
Rodon huh 162M. Good trade for Taillon. Needed another stud starter so good start. Need some actual hitters now. Keep spending Brian.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Rodon...
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF by The Taboo Group

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
The Yankees should be much better next year. They have Judge! And IKF! And Rizzo! Much better! Oh... nevermind.

Rodon is needed to make me feel like this team has improved. Evolaldi is essentially a wash with Taillon... especially with his injuries.
I like this move...this shows signing Judge doesn't mean they are done spending. Now if they get a LF I will feel Cashman is really tryng to improve the team.

Reaction Score
I'm happy the Yankees showed commitment, but I'm tentative because long-term, big money free agent pitching signings haven't had the best track record in the Bronx, but what was the other option?

Contracts aside, I really like the Yankees' top-four: Cole, Rodon, Cortes, Severino

Montas, German and Schmidt will compete for the 5th spot with the Yankees possibly adding a starter at the deadline.

Externally, Yankees fans have been so negative, but overall, this has been a very good offseason.

Still some moves to make. Head scratching that both Donaldson and Hicks are still here, however, they could have bounce back years.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I'm happy the Yankees showed commitment, but I'm tentative because long-term, big money free agent pitching signings haven't had the best track record in the Bronx, but what was the other option?

Contracts aside, I really like the Yankees' top-four: Cole, Rodon, Cortes, Severino

Montas, German and Schmidt will compete for the 5th spot with the Yankees possibly adding a starter at the deadline.

Externally, Yankees fans have been so negative, but overall, this has been a very good offseason.

Still some moves to make. Head scratching that both Donaldson and Hicks are still here, however, they could have bounce back years.
Can you imagine if Montas panned out to become the promising pitcher we hope for?

Reaction Score
Can you imagine if Montas panned out to become the promising pitcher we hope for?
It’s certainly possible, and what’s nice and somewhat comforting is that he doesn’t have to order for the Yankees to have a pretty good starting lineup.

Back to my thoughts about Hicks and Donaldson. Personally, I don’t think Hicks has any trade value and he’s a versatile enough outfielder where I can live with him enter the year as the fourth or fifth outfielder to help out out another year of his awful
contract.

Donaldson, on the other hand, is so the type of player that I can’t stand on the Yankees: a whiff artist. With just one more year remaining on his contract and plenty of suitable internal options to replace him, I’d love to have them never don a Yankees jersey again.

Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
It’s certainly possible, and what’s nice and somewhat comforting is that he doesn’t have to order for the Yankees to have a pretty good starting lineup.

Back to my thoughts about Hicks and Donaldson. Personally, I don’t think Hicks has any trade value and he’s a versatile enough outfielder where I can live with him enter the year as the fourth or fifth outfielder to help out out another year of his awful
contract.

Donaldson, on the other hand, is so the type of player that I can’t stand on the Yankees: a whiff artist. With just one more year remaining on his contract and plenty of suitable internal options to replace him, I’d love to have them never don a Yankees jersey again.
I want Volpe from Day 1 as noted earlier in the thread.

And the team needs a closer, right? It can't be Holmes, right?

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I believe Montas was banged up his entire tenure with the Yankees. I would think he will bounce back nicely. I also think German did decent as a starter. So...starting pitching should be fine...and should be able to endure the inevitable injuries.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Donaldson doesn't appear to be a good clubhouse guy either. I would love for them to move on.

I really want to see some youth at SS or third.

Reaction Score

And the team needs a closer, right? It can't be Holmes, right?
They could very well go closer by comitee with Holmes, King, Peralta, Lasagna all depends who has the better year. There really aren’t closers anymore. I rather have a deeper rotation then a deeper pen, Yankees pen was already deep.

Reaction Score
Starting Volpe Day 1 is totally worth the risk if he's not ready.

Yankees fans would be JAZZED (homegrown kid who grew up 40 miles from Yankee Stadium) and we've got a heck of a contingent plan in DJ if he needs to spend more time in AAA.

An offseason highlighted by Judge + Rodon + Volpe = an exciting opening day

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I like this move...this shows signing Judge doesn't mean they are done spending. Now if they get a LF I will feel Cashman is really tryng to improve the team.
previously on the looney network, we find,
Rodon is needed to make me feel like this team has improved.
then, we find,
Now if they get a LF I will feel Cashman is really tryng to improve the team.
here, have sum korn pone (corn bread often made without milk or eggs and baked or fried) cuz u be fried.

and oh, last season the team was considered by many calm and rational observers to be the second best team. arguable, but what's not arguable is they made it to the final four. ergo, at the least, they were top 4. period.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Rodon...
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF by The Taboo Group
u missed another bunny!
get back in the layup line. u need practice.
rodan-godzilla-king-of-the-monsters-4k_1545589855.jpg

and, unlike this kaiju (Japanese fictional monster), our rodon struck out a pantload of batters in the past couple seasons, tops in so/9 last one, as he learns to match his physical ability with a baseball brain. deadly.
3rd pick in the 2014 draft.

Reaction Score
previously on the looney network, we find,
Rodon is needed to make me feel like this team has improved.
then, we find,
Now if they get a LF I will feel Cashman is really tryng to improve the team.
here, have sum korn pone (corn bread often made without milk or eggs and baked or fried) cuz u be fried.

and oh, last season the team was considered by many calm and rational observers to be the second best team. arguable, but what's not arguable is they made it to the final four. ergo, at the least, they were top 4. period.

He's right no doubt. If they go in thinking Cabrera in the OF regularly with Hicks still on the roster it's a losing decision. But hey we know Brian, he'll find another 36 year old who hit 27 homers last year, drove in 58, hit .219 and struck out 33% of his ABs. There's plenty out there for the Cashman formula of good regular season, quick exit post season!

All you need to know about Cliffy is he believes in Cashman lol.

Reaction Score
Great signing now go get contact hitters with speed. Not sure how realistic trading Hicks and Donaldson is but Gleyber will have some trade value.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom