The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2022 | Page 40 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2022

Reaction Score
Trey Turner 11/300 Verlander 2/86?

Stupidity and with these numbers Yanks will be going with what they have again next year. They’re not playing in this sand box, and I’m gonna guess Judge will bring his shovel and buckets elsewhere.
They never should’ve let it get to this point. Had an opportunity to lock up Judge prior to FA and they failed if Judge was offered 300 mill maybe a little more then I guarantee you he would’ve taken that, funny thing is that’s what their offering Judge now lol. The Astros locked up their 3 stars in Alvarez, Altuve, and Bregman before they hit the open market.

I’m sure the Yankees are working on their narrative. If Judge leaves the NY media will be calling Judge greedy, or blaming the fans who booed Judge.

Reaction Score
They never should’ve let it get to this point. Had an opportunity to lock up Judge prior to FA and they failed if Judge was offered 300 mill maybe a little more then I guarantee you he would’ve taken that, funny thing is that’s what their offering Judge now lol. The Astros locked up their 3 stars in Alvarez, Altuve, and Bregman before they hit the open market.

I’m sure the Yankees are working on their narrative. If Judge leaves the NY media will be calling Judge greedy, or blaming the fans who booed Judge.

I will cheer Judge either way. Obviously love to keep the kid not only a good player but a great person. But if he leaves good for him, why torture yourself hitting around a bunch of .220 hitters with a little bit of power? Find a friendly park though, SF not the best home park for the long ball.

Brian low balled him in the spring, came back to bite him and now he's going "to wait" before spending any other money? How about showing him you're going to help him out and make some moves for some hitters for once in your GM life you piece of crap!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Rizzo is back.

Two years, 34 M total. Third year is 17 M club option with a 6 M buyout.

I’m cool with this!

Read something yesterday in the Athletic (Jayson Stark) suggesting that Rizzo is one of the guys most likely to benefit from the rules changes next year. Suggested that may be why they resigned him so quickly. He goes into some depth on the rule changes and how it may impact various players and valuations. It is pretty wild we get (i) no shift (ii) no 4th OF (iii) bigger bases (iv) pitch clock (v) batter's box clock all at once. How MLB's new rules are shaping the 2022-23 offseason and changing the art of team building

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I will cheer Judge either way. Obviously love to keep the kid not only a good player but a great person. But if he leaves good for him, why torture yourself hitting around a bunch of .220 hitters with a little bit of power? Find a friendly park though, SF not the best home park for the long ball.

Brian low balled him in the spring, came back to bite him and now he's going "to wait" before spending any other money? How about showing him you're going to help him out and make some moves for some hitters for once in your GM life you piece of crap!
They need to spend money on scouting and player development. I’m fine to throw boatloads of cash at Judge to be the face of the franchise even though long contracts never turn out well, but that means you actually have to draft well and develop your younger players better to keep costs down elsewhere. If you want to win AND manage your payroll, that doesn’t mean relying on the free agent pool every year to fill gaping holes especially at the insane prices we’re seeing. Astros didn’t miss a beat when they lost Correa for example. They just plugged in Peña.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
They need to spend money on scouting and player development. I’m fine to throw boatloads of cash at Judge to be the face of the franchise even though long contracts never turn out well, but that means you actually have to draft well and develop your younger players better to keep costs down elsewhere. If you want to win AND manage your payroll, that doesn’t mean relying on the free agent pool every year to fill gaping holes especially at the insane prices we’re seeing. Astros didn’t miss a beat when they lost Correa for example. They just plugged in Peña.
Houston and Tampa have player development figured out. The Yankees don't. That's why Cashman needed to go. He hasn't adjusted well enough to compete for championships. They needed a new perspective.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
That gets a quite the "ooof" outta me, man.

Reaction Score
If Judge ends up signing elsewhere, will you cheer him or boo him when he returns to The Stadium wearing the other team's uniform?

Reaction Score
If Judge ends up signing elsewhere, will you cheer him or boo him when he returns to The Stadium wearing the other team's uniform?

I'd cheer the lucky S O B. Get away from Cashman while the getting is good.

Heard a guy on the Mad Dog today, Yankee fan obviously, ask Chris how can a guy who let Castillo go to the Mariners and took Montas instead, get four more years after a move like that? So true - truth be told Hal is happy they're making the playoffs doesn't care about winning it all and who better to be just good enough with than Cashman.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Trey Turner 11/300 Verlander 2/86?

Stupidity and with these numbers Yanks will be going with what they have again next year. They’re not playing in this sand box, and I’m gonna guess Judge will bring his shovel and buckets elsewhere.
I’m gonna guess Judge will bring his shovel and buckets elsewhere.

the whole question of his re-signing ended the minute rizz re-signed.
duh.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
We can all exhale now.

Next up, resign Benintendi or a Benintendi-ish OFer who can put the bat on the ball.
I am still not convinced signing him is the right move... especially if you are going to try and stay under the cap.

Five years from now you will be paying $40mm a year for him to DH.

But....the Yankees have the money...so let's see what else they do to improve the team.

Reaction Score
I’m gonna guess Judge will bring his shovel and buckets elsewhere.

the whole question of his re-signing ended the minute rizz re-signed.
duh.

Good for Judge he played Cashman like a fiddle, but that’s Cashman. Amazing you can do a horrendous job in the Yankee organization and get 4 more years. He lost us another player for 80M by lowballing Judge last spring. But hey Hal likes him lol
DUH

Reaction Score
Now you gotta go all in go sign Rodon and resign Benintendi, let the Hicks and Donaldson contracts come off the books, trade both of them and eat their salaries.

Hopefully Volpe and the Martian are the real deal they both should be up to majors in 2 years.

StllH8L8ner

Reaction Score
I am still not convinced signing him is the right move... especially if you are going to try and stay under the cap.

Five years from now you will be paying $40mm a year for him to DH.

But....the Yankees have the money...so let's see what else they do to improve the team.
Hey Big Papi was raking into his late 30’s and age 40 season and it wasn’t like he was taking steroids or any performance enh……hahaha….I almost made it through without laughing.

Reaction Score
Hey Big Papi was raking into his late 30’s and age 40 season and it wasn’t like he was taking steroids or any performance enh……hahaha….I almost made it through without laughing.
That’s a chance that I would take Dave Winfield being a big guy played into his 40s. Judge injuries have been freak injuries and has recovered from them fairly quickly he’s been available for 162 games the last 2 seasons.

Reaction Score
Good for Judge he played Cashman like a fiddle, but that’s Cashman. Amazing you can do a horrendous job in the Yankee organization and get 4 more years. He lost us another player for 80M by lowballing Judge last spring. But hey Hal likes him lol
DUH
That's a bit of revisionist history. Every pundit I saw/heard speak about it, at the time, felt that the Yankees' offer was legitimate. Judge was a guy that had struggled to stay on the field for an entire season, He played 148 games in 2021 which was his highest total since his rookie season. The Yankees made a fair, market-based offer and Judge declined as he thought his value was higher. In hindsight, he was right and the Yankees wrong, but there was no way of knowing it at the time.

Reaction Score
Now you gotta go all in go sign Rodon and resign Benintendi, let the Hicks and Donaldson contracts come off the books, trade both of them and eat their salaries.

Hopefully Volpe and the Martian are the real deal they both should be up to majors in 2 years.
Volpe needs to be playing from day 1 next season along with Peraza.

Reaction Score
Volpe needs to be playing from day 1 next season along with Peraza.
Yes 100 percent kick IKF to 3rd have him rotate with DJ at least in the early going, have to work DJ in slowly as he’s has had back to back season ending injuries.

StllH8L8ner

Reaction Score
Been reading for a week that the Yanks were making a big play for Rodon. Today I read that the sides are “way off”…and Nate Eovaldi would be the consolation prize. Haven’t we seen that movie already? Hoping these stories are red herrings and they have something bigger in the works bc we still need a few meaningful pieces.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Been reading for a week that the Yanks were making a big play for Rodon. Today I read that the sides are “way off”…and Nate Eovaldi would be the consolation prize. Haven’t we seen that movie already? Hoping these stories are red herrings and they have something bigger in the works bc we still need a few meaningful pieces.
The Yankees should be much better next year. They have Judge! And IKF! And Rizzo! Much better! Oh... nevermind.

Rodon is needed to make me feel like this team has improved. Evolaldi is essentially a wash with Taillon... especially with his injuries.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom