THe Official Make a Spartan Start Shartin' Game Thread | Page 25 | The Boneyard

THe Official Make a Spartan Start Shartin' Game Thread

Reaction Score
Blah I mean whatever. Like I said this loss doesn’t hurt you at all really. We just don’t have the horses.

Takeaways would be-

- we’re stikl pretty good on defense. Effort is there especially on the perimeter.

- we lack bigs with size. Also a shooter. That’s the large underbelly of this team.

- we need more offensive sets. We have enough talent to win a lot of games with the weird playground style. We’ll win some we should but we’ll lose a few we should with this style.

- there’s not lack of effort. We’lll play above our heads. We’ll win some because we’re stupid and scrappy. We’ll lose a few because we’re stupid and scrappy

- foundation for a tournament team is totally there and an at large bid at that. Good guard play + defense usually yields great results. We’ll get better.

- Road map to being real good again actually seems to be there. We need physical size. We need a shooter.

So you know. I’m not surprised at the result. Was hoping for a closer score. But I’m waaaaay far away from DOOMED land.

Reaction Score
Did you watch Wichita play the other night? This MSU team is at a different level. They're bigger, faster, deeper, just all around more talented.
Yes, watched the whole game. Shaq Morris is stronger than anyone on MSU. Wichita will also be a lot better when we face them, they were without their leading scorer and Shamet wasn't close to 100%.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Had we won, or at least kept the 2nd half competitive, my wife would be okay with me letting my son stay up and watch this one with me. I'll be hearing it all day tomorrow.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I’m not fussed about this. A 20 point game this was not. We are a work in progress but there aren’t 3 teams in the country as loaded as MSU. We competed. Didn’t do a helluva lot well offensively, kept at it for the most part. We’ve got time. Would really like to see a W Sunday. Do that and it is a successful trip.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
This game was a lot closer than the final score will indicate. I don’t see how this game shows we can’t compete against wich st and Cincy
A few plays that should have gone our way didn’t due to referee error/indifference. Would have stayed closer longer otherwise.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
This was just a good old fashioned blowout. Yes MSU is the better team, but that was just a horrible brand of basketball we played in the 2nd half. Hopefully they learn from this.
I don't think it was a good old-fashioned blowout. We were competitive right through the first few minutes of the second half and then it got away from us. If Winston doesn't hit every shot he throws up there's no way it's a 20 point loss.

Reaction Score
Winston got hot, bridges is weak imo, Andersen didn’t get his 10, Larrier really needs to just dunk the ball, & the turnovers man unforced was damaging to any comeback, & the announcers were ecstatic that MSU won

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It's amazing how people could watch this game and not clearly see why this game was lost. Our freshman center Carlton and DO couldn't handle the 27 year old grown men that Mich. St. has. That's it.

It really was. We could've used Cobb tonight, but still.

Fun fact; all of our bigs tonight (Carlton, DO, Williams, Whaley, and Polley) combined for 2 points and 6 boards. True story...

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Blah I mean whatever. Like I said this loss doesn’t hurt you at all really. We just don’t have the horses.

Takeaways would be-

- we’re stikl pretty good on defense. Effort is there especially on the perimeter.

- we lack bigs with size. Also a shooter. That’s the large underbelly of this team.

- we need more offensive sets. We have enough talent to win a lot of games with the weird playground style. We’ll win some we should but we’ll lose a few we should with this style.

- there’s not lack of effort. We’lll play above our heads. We’ll win some because we’re stupid and scrappy. We’ll lose a few because we’re stupid and scrappy

- foundation for a tournament team is totally there and an at large bid at that. Good guard play + defense usually yields great results. We’ll get better.

- Road map to being real good again actually seems to be there. We need physical size. We need a shooter.

So you know. I’m not surprised at the result. Was hoping for a closer score. But I’m waaaaay far away from DOOMED land.
Good analysis, Towney007.

Reaction Score

Takeaways would be-

Better place than last year but I wanted more.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
It would help if we dribbled less and passed more .

Exactly this. MSU got open looks in the half court, we didn't. We need more dynamic, less predictable, less up-against-the-shot-clock offense.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
It really was. We could've used Cobb tonight, but still.

Fun fact; all of our bigs tonight (Carlton, DO, Williams, Whaley, and Polley) combined for 2 points and 6 boards. True story...

It's unfair to even classify Polley, Whaley and Williams as "Bigs" tonight. Lol

Reaction Score
We tried to give the ball to a big n he walked both times so they can’t be mad at a guard happy offense n that’s what we have, so until we get those quality Bigs, it is what it is ...

Reaction Score
Yes, watched the whole game. Shaq Morris is stronger than anyone on MSU. Wichita will also be a lot better when we face them, they were without their leading scorer and Shamet wasn't close to 100%.

Wichita doesn't even have close to the same level of depth, size, or athleticism that MSU brought tonight. That's not saying anything about Wichita, but MSU is just that much better.

Reaction Score
This was the toughest game they’ll play all yr and they competed. Beat Arkansas on Sunday and I’m thrilled to head back to storrs 5-1

Reaction Score
I said coming in that I would have considered 2-1 a good tournament. But we have to beat Arkansas.
Why? Is Arkansas special? What does playing Arkansas have to do with losing to a top 5 team in the country who is clearly better?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom