"The most talented team in Dook history" vs the UK | Page 2 | The Boneyard

"The most talented team in Dook history" vs the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We are Kentucky's kryptonite. If anyone can beat them, we can.
Unlike a lot of teams ,UConn is not afraid of UK or the big spotlight... I think we would matchup very well w UK bc of our ball pressure. I do believe Duke is a better team than UK. Let either of them be the champs of November while we become national champs in April.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Unlike a lot of teams ,UConn is not afraid of UK or the big spotlight... I think we would matchup very well w UK bc of our ball pressure. I do believe Duke is a better team than UK. Let either of them be the champs of November while we become national champs in April.
We are Kentucky's kryptonite. If anyone can beat them, we can.

I'm just hoping our team has a chance to attempt to beat UK at the end of the year. No guarantees for us. As of right now, we aren't remotely who we were last year. Will be interesting to watch our development. ATM, UK is leaps and bounds above us.

Reaction Score
I'm just hoping our team has a chance to attempt to beat UK at the end of the year. No guarantees for us. As of right now, we aren't remotely who we were last year. Will be interesting to watch our development. ATM, UK is leaps and bounds above us.
We usually hit our stride late in the season so whatever hiccups we have now I'm not worried.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
There will be a ton of kids that think playing 17 minutes a game- avoiding injury and getting judged on their production per minute is great. The less they have to do before they get to the NBA the better. Remember they are 17 and many of them do not see the value of improving in college when they could improve in the NBA.
This might actually work for the elite players and good for them- but the danger is that few teams continually get 8-10 MC D AAs a year with 6-8 being one and done.

I hate everything about it from a fans perspective. I would rather see them lower the age limit so the kids could go strait to the NBA- that way us fans can continue to watch a TEAM sport and not just a one year showcase for NBA scouts. Hate the Squid. Rant over.

Two talents make Squid a successful coach.

1) first the ability to follow Tark's methodology to land players with academic problems that other colleges won't accept and make them eligible

2) and now the ability to sell his prep school like services to one and done players once the NBA opened up a whole new world to him by making high school grads ineligible for the draft

Squid knows how to play the system, that's his greatest talent. When Squid was coaching on a level playing field, he was run out of town (a/k/a the NBA).

I think old school guys like Jimmy kinda laugh at the "platoon system"

willie99

Reaction Score
People seem to forget that 2004 quickly became "The Uconn Invitational" entering the sweet 16.

I don't remember that, but I do remember Calhoun winning the "uncoach of the year award"

and even if someone is preordained entering the Sweet 16, that's nothing close to being preordained at Midnight Madness. One would be earned on the court entering the last two weekends, the other is all about perception

willie99

Reaction Score
Last night's eyeball test says Kentucky beat the #4 team 72-40. Teams are gonna wear out by the last 12 minutes. Rebounds and blocks Kentucky. Shooting Duke. Kentucky's multiple bigs will not let Okafor go wild.

KU looks like they are vastly overrated in November of 2014. But if their freshmen pan out, they'll be top 20 (or higher) by March. Right now they're not even close

willie99

Reaction Score
so both teams played on Tuesday, yet they're talking about those games still on Thursday and Friday during sportscenter

ESPN has lost it's compass

Reaction Score
KU looks like they are vastly overrated in November of 2014. But if their freshmen pan out, they'll be top 20 (or higher) by March. Right now they're not even close

Remember what ok st did to Memphis early in the season last year... They looked unstoppable... That happens almost every year... The advantage uk has is that their bigs practice against great players in practice an dull is probably will make the twins better.

If I were either Duke or UK, I wouldn't want to see Wisc, UCONN or Gonzaga in their bracket...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom