The Killer Rabbits are giving Md. all they can handle. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Killer Rabbits are giving Md. all they can handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What if they make it to the Final Four and they have to play on Easter? Will they have to sit the game out so they can fulfill their other obligations?
Only BUNNY RABBITS have the obligations at Easter--Jack Rabbits with their extra long rear legs just Jack around in the high Praries.
So one wonders how can anyone out rebound Jack Rabbits.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Yep, I too recall that 5 year rule--but I thought it was only for "overseas" junkets. Can't believe teams can't play in venues (tournaments doesn't seem to a proper word) on a repetitive basis. Paradise Jam (?) Cancun (?) Hawaii (?) --but then you must be "invited" to a different one each year.
Thanks Bill--for reminding me of another think I dislike about the NCAA.
I was at the Paradise Jam in 2012. I bought one of the few remaining UConn t-shirts that were sold there as the Husky gear flew off the sales tables. The other teams - not so much. The place was packed with National flag blue and white and the U-C-O-N-N cheer could frequently be heard. It's my understanding that UConn was invited back before the tourney even ended. If the Huskies do go at Thanksgiving 2016, our family is definitely attending. The Virgin Islands are gorgeous and the tournament was fun. We sat behind the UConn bench and could hear everything Geno said. He was pretty relaxed and quite, um, unfiltered. He had the team cracking up for most of the game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"As many below her as above her" = MEDIAN
However Kiah's 2 points were below the median (Chloe Pavlech's 3 points were the median - 4 players below, 4 above), and way below the MEAN (average) of 6.9 points for each of the 9 scorers.

Mean, Medium, Mode---too many M's --the only one I tend to remember is MM.
Thanks for that.

So among others on her team Kiah for her first BIG game did fairly well. Is her glass half full or half empty?? Either way is biased. I prefer to think the Connecticut kid is doing well. Only after January will we know more and have better stats to evaluate.
Too many jump on "corrections" and lose the meaning of the postings.

Reaction Score
I was at the Paradise Jam in 2012. I bought one of the few remaining UConn t-shirts that were sold there as the Husky gear flew off the sales tables. The other teams - not so much. The place was packed with National flag blue and white and the U-C-O-N-N cheer could frequently be heard. It's my understanding that UConn was invited back before the tourney even ended. If the Huskies do go at Thanksgiving 2016, our family is definitely attending. The Virgin Islands are gorgeous and the tournament was fun. We sat behind the UConn bench and could hear everything Geno said. He was pretty relaxed and quite, um, unfiltered. He had the team cracking up for most of the game.

I had a smaller sail boat and sailed out of "Roosey roads NAS and frequented St. Thomas the Sailing is good and so are the islands. In St Thomas they had a local "parking" sail boats used his foot on the tiller. He sailed better with his foot than I with two hands.

Nan---what IS the actual ruling on time between events for teams ?? Geno is very good, usually, at keeping his team loose for games.
He certainly has mellowed.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I had a smaller sail boat and sailed out of "Roosey roads NAS and frequented St. Thomas the Sailing is good and so are the islands. In St Thomas they had a local "parking" sail boats used his foot on the tiller. He sailed better with his foot than I with two hands.

Nan---what IS the actual ruling on time between events for teams ?? Geno is very good, usually, at keeping his team loose for games.
He certainly has mellowed.
I believe it's 4 years but am not 100% certain. Maybe @JS will weigh in?

This is how close we were the court. We could hear everything. Geno is one hot sketch, funny as anything.

St. Thomas Nov 2012 005.JPG

JS

Reaction Score
I believe it's 4 years but am not 100% certain. Maybe @JS will weigh in?
A team can take a foreign tour once every four years.

Foreign tours can only take place during school vacation periods.

Games in a U.S. commonwealth (e.g. Puerto Rico) or territory (e.g. Virgin Islands; note: Paradise Jam) don't count as a foreign tour.

Reaction Score
Mean, Medium, Mode---too many M's --the only one I tend to remember is MM.
Thanks for that.

So among others on her team Kiah for her first BIG game did fairly well. Is her glass half full or half empty?? Either way is biased. I prefer to think the Connecticut kid is doing well. Only after January will we know more and have better stats to evaluate.
Too many jump on "corrections" and lose the meaning of the postings.
Sorry, Phil hasn't been around to help with our statistical integrity.

Anyway, regarding Kiah - I didn't see the game so don't know if she played well or not. In 9 minutes she scored 2 points on 1-5 shooting (0-1 from 3), no rebounds, no assists, no steals, no blocks, 2 turnovers, 3 fouls, No bias, no editorial comment, no opinion - just facts.

Reaction Score
It was in the fine print, and no one reads the fine print!!! Funny!!! Also since it was only a Letter, not a letter contract--she had no obligations to anyone. Obviously, no meeting of the minds!!! Next year make sure all Players from Connecticut sign a Boneyard Contract.
You can write it.
She hit 1 of 5, two on Md got 20-- Kiah was smack in the middle of the 9 players on the MD team in scoring. Which means she was MEAN--as many below her as above her--MEAN-Mean kid.
The S.D. Jack Rabbits --played MD tough --the first quarter of bad play did them in--. If this team had rebounders (say Gabby) they'd be contenders--maybe shall be...They played ND to with in 7 points at games end. Congrats Jack Rabbits!!!

Rabbits playing turtles? On the Left coast you do expect that more's pacific than the ocean: Beavers? Ducks? And why "Jack" rabbits? Why not "Jane" rabbits? Fear the Turtle? Did that ever happen? It's been a small animal season so far . . .

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Rabbits playing turtles? On the Left coast you do expect that more's pacific than the ocean: Beavers? Ducks? And why "Jack" rabbits? Why not "Jane" rabbits? Fear the Turtle? Did that ever happen? It's been a small animal season so far . . .
Not completely....

siberian-husky7.jpg

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score

Fear the turtle? Maybe so . . . .
WIKIPEDIA on the alligator snapping turtle found in SD - these turtles must be handled with extreme care and considered potentially dangerous.[14] This species can bite through the handle of a broom and rare cases have been reported where human fingers have been cleanly bitten off by the species.[

Reaction Score

Fear the Turtle--did that ever happen?? You've never been around snapping turtles have you--if you had, you'd know they could snap off a finger easily. Found in ponds nearly everywhere in the USA--not just SD. Always hold them in front of their rear feet--their necks are short and they can't get around to your there.
However---I must apologize for not being more __Politically Correct and less of a Male baddie---They really should be calling their WBB team contingent of the Jack rabbits ---Jill Rabbits.
I swam in the Specific Ocean---and land O' goshens in the Alantic. Just for you---O' MY--Lions and Tigers and Bears, and Turtles and Rabbits --O+MY!!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Fear the turtle? Maybe so . . . .
WIKIPEDIA on the alligator snapping turtle found in SD - these turtles must be handled with extreme care and considered potentially dangerous.[14] This species can bite through the handle of a broom and rare cases have been reported where human fingers have been cleanly bitten off by the species.[
Well, at least they make a clean job of it.

Reaction Score
1) Baylor and UConn will be playing in the regular within the next season or two. It's coming.
2) Baylor has tried to get other big programs to play it for a couple years and other programs have not wanted to sign that dotted line.
3) Baylor has already played 3 teams in the top 20 this year in their OOC w/ a couple other matchups possible in the holiday tourney season. Do they have cupcakes? Yes, but Mulkey has pursued tough OOC matchups. Other schools have to accept the offers.
Brenda and Kim Mulkey belong in the same clique, we don't need to challenge our players during OOC Schedule, they'll get enough during Conference Season. Meanwhile we'll just keeping winning and the Pollsters and Committee Members won't look closely at who we played to get to 25+ wins.

Reaction Score
The two series I would like the see in the next couple of years are Baylor vs Maryland. (They played once in the NCAA tournament in 2006 when Sophia Young was there) and Duke vs Tennessee (somebody has to win this game right?)

Reaction Score
Nan, how did you get those seats? I've always wanted to get tix within earshot of Geno!!! I can only imagine how much fun that must have been!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
As one who attended all three games in the GCC last year I would be thrilled to have them return but I think I saw an idiotic NCAA rule somewhere that only allows a team to repeat a holiday event once every five years.
I believe that is a 'foreign trip' in preseason/summer, and most 'non-USA holiday tournament sites' have a waver from the NCAA making them count as non-foreign. Uconn quite recently used to host a pretty dreadful tournament, and I think teams have played in many tournaments in consecutive years, and certainly in alternate years.

Reaction Score
Ouch. That's cold blooded. Not sure which of those will happen in the future but just remember you heard about the Baylor/UConn regular season matchup from me 1st.

The two series I would like the see in the next couple of years are ... Duke vs Tennessee (somebody has to win this game right?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom