The Killer Rabbits are giving Md. all they can handle. | The Boneyard

The Killer Rabbits are giving Md. all they can handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
50-50 under 5 to play.

Reaction Score
looking at the box score... apparently the ct native isnt doing the state proud in this game
The Connecticut kid---is a FRESHMAN---not a PRO---as such she deserves a bit of slack. Remember all those hype up words were spoken/written by us fans--not her. Blame the fans, not the kid. She'll be ok, give her time. If she ISN"T a POY will she be insulting any of us???

Reaction Score
The Connecticut kid---is a FRESHMAN---not a PRO---as such she deserves a bit of slack. Remember all those hype up words were spoken/written by us fans--not her. Blame the fans, not the kid. She'll be ok, give her time. If she ISN"T a POY will she be insulting any of us???
What? Do you mean her obligation to the Boneyard wasn't spelled out in her Letter of Intent? :)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Each single-digit victory by another team gets Uconn closer to its 2014 record of an 11-point win over Baylor. That's the highest lowest single-game margin of victory in a season. Maryland has now fallen shy of that record.

Reaction Score
SDSU is a really good team. They really outplayed Maryland in the 3rd quarter and the first half of the 4th quarter. Brenda decide to have Shatori Walker-Kimbrough and Brionna Jones take over the game and pretty much call all the remaining plays for them. It is also becoming obvious that opposing teams are game planning for Kiah Gillespie and now it is up to her to counter the moves these teams are making.

Reaction Score
What? Do you mean her obligation to the Boneyard wasn't spelled out in her Letter of Intent? :)
It was in the fine print, and no one reads the fine print!!! Funny!!! Also since it was only a Letter, not a letter contract--she had no obligations to anyone. Obviously, no meeting of the minds!!! Next year make sure all Players from Connecticut sign a Boneyard Contract.
You can write it.
She hit 1 of 5, two on Md got 20-- Kiah was smack in the middle of the 9 players on the MD team in scoring. Which means she was MEAN--as many below her as above her--MEAN-Mean kid.
The S.D. Jack Rabbits --played MD tough --the first quarter of bad play did them in--. If this team had rebounders (say Gabby) they'd be contenders--maybe shall be...They played ND to with in 7 points at games end. Congrats Jack Rabbits!!!

Reaction Score
SDSU is a really good team. They really outplayed Maryland in the 3rd quarter and the first half of the 4th quarter. Brenda decide to have Shatori Walker-Kimbrough and Brionna Jones take over the game and pretty much call all the remaining plays for them. It is also becoming obvious that opposing teams are game planning for Kiah Gillespie and now it is up to her to counter the moves these teams are making.
Actually it's up to Coach to show her how to handle the defenses or set up scoring situations for her. Obviously, Kiah's scoring wasn't needed.

Reaction Score
No. Hoopdreams was insulting us.
Took me a bit --but I finally got it. Looks like if you really want a team to have HOOP dreams on--it is the Jack Rabbits..

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
No. Hoopdreams was insulting us.

Actually, he was insulting Geno. He or she figured out the attention value and baited us. Next time you may not want to go for the bait. Trolls belong under their little bridges or in their dank holes, fingering some little shiny rock or some such, muttering "my precious, my precious".

Reaction Score
She hit 1 of 5, two on Md got 20-- Kiah was smack in the middle of the 9 players on the MD team in scoring. Which means she was MEAN--as many below her as above her--MEAN-Mean kid.
The S.D. Jack Rabbits --played MD tough --the first quarter of bad play did them in--. If this team had rebounders (say Gabby) they'd be contenders--maybe shall be...They played ND to with in 7 points at games end. Congrats Jack Rabbits!!!
"As many below her as above her" = MEDIAN
However Kiah's 2 points were below the median (Chloe Pavlech's 3 points were the median - 4 players below, 4 above), and way below the MEAN (average) of 6.9 points for each of the 9 scorers.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
And absolutely no one here wishes Ms. Gillespie anything but the very best of success. Any negative comments have nothing whatever to do with her as a player or as a young woman, both of which she seems to be very good at.

Reaction Score
Maybe Geno can arrange to play the Jack Rabbits in the Gulf Coast Classic next year!!!
As one who attended all three games in the GCC last year I would be thrilled to have them return but I think I saw an idiotic NCAA rule somewhere that only allows a team to repeat a holiday event once every five years.

Reaction Score

SDSU is the #73 ranked team- by Maryland standards that is a really good team- they should give out two tough Terp awards tonight

Maryland's schedule is now ranked #343 toughest out of 349 teams

Last edited:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Maybe Geno can arrange to play the Jack Rabbits in the Gulf Coast Classic next year!!!

What if they make it to the Final Four and they have to play on Easter? Will they have to sit the game out so they can fulfill their other obligations?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
And absolutely no one here wishes Ms. Gillespie anything but the very best of success. Any negative comments have nothing whatever to do with her as a player or as a young woman, both of which she seems to be very good at.
yup... too bad that HoopDreams guy put her out there like that, hopefully she doesn't have that negative target on her back for the next 3+ seasons

Reaction Score
SDSU is the #73 ranked team- by Maryland standards that is a really good team- they should give out two tough Terp awards tonight

I agree. Maryland's schedule is horrid. Maryland fans have complained about the schedule for years. After the games against the ACC teams (Pittsburgh and Syracuse) we play four more cupcakes. Our SOS should still be in the 300s by the time we play UConn. The NCAA will not like this schedule during selection Monday.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Brenda and Kim Mulkey belong in the same clique, we don't need to challenge our players during OOC Schedule, they'll get enough during Conference Season. Meanwhile we'll just keeping winning and the Pollsters and Committee Members won't look closely at who we played to get to 25+ wins.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

SDSU is a decent team. It just beat Pitt and gave Notre Dame an unexpectedly tough time last week, losing by only 11 to the Irish. The Killer Rabbits (real nickname, apparently) also hold wins over Marist and Arkansas this year. At 3-2, its only 2 losses are to #3 ND and #6 Maryland. This after a 24-9 season last year with wins over BYU and then #25 Arkansas.

Reaction Score
As one who attended all three games in the GCC last year I would be thrilled to have them return but I think I saw an idiotic NCAA rule somewhere that only allows a team to repeat a holiday event once every five years.
Yep, I too recall that 5 year rule--but I thought it was only for "overseas" junkets. Can't believe teams can't play in venues (tournaments doesn't seem to a proper word) on a repetitive basis. Paradise Jam (?) Cancun (?) Hawaii (?) --but then you must be "invited" to a different one each year.
Thanks Bill--for reminding me of another think I dislike about the NCAA.

Reaction Score
SDSU is a decent team. It just beat Pitt and gave Notre Dame an unexpectedly tough time last week, losing by only 11 to the Irish. The Killer Rabbits (real nickname, apparently) also hold wins over Marist and Arkansas this year. At 3-2, its only 2 losses are to #3 ND and #6 Maryland. This after a 24-9 season last year with wins over BYU and then #25 Arkansas.
\
The Jack Rabbits gave ND and MD a good run, neither got too far from them in scoring. In the MD game, had SD had a better first quarter, they may have won. Good to see another team come from apparent obscurity to run with the "bigger" dogs.
300 of the 360 so Div 1 WBB teams would love to have a 24 and 9 record. We are spoiled with the constant 30 plus wins each year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom