The Boneyard Confidential...3 Questions... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Boneyard Confidential...3 Questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
1). Vermont, on a lake, on the Canadian border. I am looking to relocate soon, and have been looking for property in the Derby/Newport area. Will likely never happen, but it's been a dream of mine for years.

2). The Boneyard

3). Fish and Game warden.

We used to spend a few days on Memphremagog every summer in the 80's. Great small mouth fishing back then and good golf on the Canadian side at Owl's Head. We usually stayed on the Canadian side because the exchange rate was US 65 cents to a Canadian dollar.

Reaction Score
1. A tropical island.

2. It's not a story for this forum.

3. Professional musician.

Reaction Score
1. The Adirondacks, but Florida for a couple of months of golf in the winter.
2. Jumped in a Mafia guy's pool during my bachelor party.
3. New Yorker cartoonist.

Reaction Score
1. Naples, FL - made a good choice 25 years ago, only gotten better with time. 12 months of golf.
2. About 100 MPH on I 84 near Corbins Corner on the way home from 2nd shift. In a '66 Nova.
3. A better golfer, not sure pro was ever in the cards.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
1. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Manhattan (if I were wealthy), where I live (Columbia, SC) since I'm not.
2. Craziest thing you've ever done in your life? Driving hundreds of miles to meet someone.
3. Career path other than the one you chose? Meteorologist or Commercial Real Estate Developer.

Reaction Score
1. East Coast of Florida which, as it happens, is where I plan to retire to in March or April
2. 16 hours of driving in one day coming back from the San Antonio Final Four. 'Twas worth it.
3. Meteorologist

Reaction Score
1. Rapid City, SD
2. Wore 1 brown shoe and 1 black shoe to work
3. Software engineer.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
1; Split Spring and Fall outside of Yellowstone Summer: Hawaii
2. Drove from Colo Springs to Kansas City averaging over 90 miles an hour. Spent a couple of hours and drove back to Denver
3. Working for Forest Service as a Park Ranger at an out of the way National Park.

Reaction Score
1. Groton Long Point CT--where I"m living the dream:)
2. Running with the Bulls in Pamplona 2004
3. Micro Lender in 3rd world country (maybe in retirement)

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
1) Maui
2) Rode 1300+ miles on my motorcycle on 9/12 on my way home from South Dakota
3) Farmer

Reaction Score
1. Downtown Manhattan
2. There's a few.....but I'll go with fighting a fire on board ship in my underwear.
3. Catholic Theologian
Is it more precarious to fight a shipboard fire in your underwear? Actually being a former Navy guy, I think the scariest thing in the world would be fighting a fire aboard ship in the middle of the ocean on an aircraft carrier with rockets and bombs periodically going off below your feet as was the case in a couple of incidents in the 60's and unfortunately on a number of occasions during World War II

Reaction Score
1. Southeastern Florida (where I presently live) 2. Driving 120 Mph in my father's 1964 Pontiac Grand Prix on the Berlin Turnpike in Meriden 3. Nature photographer

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
1. Arizona or the Cotswolds or in style in Manhattan
2. Stayed awake for two days and "toured" NYC
3. Successful musician

Reaction Score
1. Amsterdam, Netherlands
2. Retired at age 50
3. CIA agent/analyst

Last edited:
Reaction Score
All responses will be kept completely private and confidential ;)
1. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Sydney, Australia
2. Craziest thing you've ever done in your life? Fished the Bering Sea
3. Career path other than the one you chose? Veterinarian
San Diego
Too many driving under the influence to remember. Don't do that.
Medical researcher.

Reaction Score
What did you do that allowed you to retire at 50?

Attended Rutgers. :D

Had only one child, worked in finance for 25 years at a large New England insurance company pension operation, maxed 401(k) contribs and invested any additional monies in the stock market, retired with a DB pension albeit reduced by 40%, controlled my spending and prayed to the gods regularly.

Moved from Granby CT to a smaller home in western NC several years ago, thereby gaining on the sale and saving at least $20,000+ annually in expenses.

I did say it was the craziest/riskiest thing I ever did, but it has been 18 years thus far so we may make it.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Attended Rutgers. :D

Had only one child, worked in finance for 25 years at a large New England insurance company pension operation, maxed 401(k) contribs and invested any additional monies in the stock market, retired with a DB pension albeit reduced by 40%, controlled my spending and prayed to the gods regularly.

Moved from Granby CT to a smaller home in western NC several years ago, thereby gaining on the sale and saving at least $20,000+ annually in expenses.

I did say it was the craziest/riskiest thing I ever did, but it has been 18 years thus far so we may make it.

Are you working at all in retirement?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
1. Some place warm and dry.
2. Married my ex-wife. (not when she was my ex-wife, I'd learned my lesson by then). Just stupid and crazy.
3. Something with sports or music. No talent for either, so it would have to be in a supportive role, coach, manager, writer, broadcaster, agent, etc. Oh owner would be cool. Then I could be rich too. :D

Reaction Score
Are you working at all in retirement?

No, never have. The reason I left work was that I was sick of kowtowing to other people, whether bosses or customers. I am not a people person.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
1. I'd live in the south of France, but the missus would divorce me, so Montana in the Rockies is where I am liking it just fine.
2. Like so many hooligans on this board: 145 mph on Rte. 287 headed east to Tappan Zee Bridge
3. Who Done It author

Reaction Score
All responses will be kept completely private and confidential ;)
1. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Sydney, Australia
2. Craziest thing you've ever done in your life? Fished the Bering Sea
3. Career path other than the one you chose? Veterinarian
1. Napa region of California - of course it goes w/o saying I'd have money..
2. Drove from New Mexico to Colorado in the dead of night w/two strangers after United cancelled our flight. They were two hunters headed out for elk season and I was trying to get to my lodge for vacation.
3. Best-selling author

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Is it more precarious to fight a shipboard fire in your underwear? Actually being a former Navy guy, I think the scariest thing in the world would be fighting a fire aboard ship in the middle of the ocean on an aircraft carrier with rockets and bombs periodically going off below your feet as was the case in a couple of incidents in the 60's and unfortunately on a number of occasions during World War II

I had a close friend on the USS Forrestal when they had the massive fire in 1967. He was a nozzle man on one of the fire parties.
He fought the fire even though his deck shoes melted. He had to undergo a couple of surgeries to remove stuff that had melted to his feet. 135 dead - the result of one duck* up piled on top of another on top of another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom