The Big Picture | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Big Picture

Reaction Score
can you imagine being a staunch herbst supporter and not deleting your account and attempting to erase that from the internet?

she gets it! front porch!
I will forever hold a grudge over her tenure. With every single move in realignment she proved herself to be completely out of her depth. From replacing Hathaway with Pendergast (tectonic plates are shifting), to monitoring with Warde while scumbag Jurich out maneuvered her. Or my favorite "we need to ask ourselves, if putting student athletes on a bus to Ames is in their best interest".

I get that to academic types she did a great job, but to us we just want to watch high level college sports guys, she failed miserably.

Reaction Score
Get your former football players to ante up. A Syracuse o-lineman from the 70's donated $1 million last year for the dome renovation. A couple of weeks ago, he donated another $25 million to the football program and established a scholarship in the business school in memory of his mother.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Get your former football players to ante up. A Syracuse o-lineman from the 70's donated $1 million last year for the dome renovation. A couple of weeks ago, he donated another $25 million to the football program and established a scholarship in the business school in memory of his mother.

Technically, one of your former players tried to ante up for UConn....

Randy Edsall Pays Out of Pocket to Give OC Dunn a Raise

Reaction Score
Haven't seen many UConn games huh?

That UConn Virginia game we won was one of the more painful games i ever sat through. And we won.
Depends on your definition of "many." But that 2013 USF game sticks out in my mind.

As for another 13-10 slugfest...I did enjoy watching the Virginia lineman, who ran on the field late, right before the missed FG as time expired, walk off the field crying.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I will forever hold a grudge over her tenure. With every single move in realignment she proved herself to be completely out of her depth. From replacing Hathaway with Pendergast (tectonic plates are shifting), to monitoring with Warde while scumbag Jurich out maneuvered her. Or my favorite "we need to ask ourselves, if putting student athletes on a bus to Ames is in their best interest".

I get that to academic types she did a great job, but to us we just want to watch high level college sports guys, she failed miserably.
I never thought UConn had a real chance in the last round of CRA. The tv gods already decided that the ACC had enough teams in the northeast to deliver the economics they wanted.

Reaction Score

And also, nobody wanted us.

Reaction Score
lol dude youve been proved 100% absolutely and completely wrong for a half decade.

you are so arrogant and stubborn that youll continue to make an arse of yourself by constantly tripling down on your rank stupidity.

this is a clown college and nothing is going to ever change until competent people are put in place.

lord knows you dont think enough of the program to beleive we deserve that - but some of us do.

Is there any chance we could focus on actually having a chance to win a football game against one of the worst known teams in the country, and avoid being murdered by killer mosquitos, instead of longtime contributors fighting about nothing new? Pretty please?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Is there any chance we could focus on actually having a chance to win a football game against one of the worst known teams in the country, and avoid being murdered by killer mosquitos, instead of longtime contributors fighting about nothing new? Pretty please?

eh my post is mostly about the game being between two programs on the verge of disintegrating.

i enjoy the irony of moving around games where kids scramble their brains over the danger of mosquitos on a 50 degree night. The incompetence of the state bleeds through to the athletic department.

Im sure CTE is junk science and all but...

Reaction Score
eh my post is mostly about the game being between two programs on the verge of disintegrating.

i enjoy the irony of moving around games where kids scramble their brains over the danger of mosquitos on a 50 degree night. The incompetence of the state bleeds through to the athletic department.

Im sure CTE is junk science and all but...

Damn. Missed that story.

Reaction Score
We're either big time and play all-sports, or we're second tier. UConn is first tier.
Sorry you can't support that.

Reaction Score
That UConn-Virginia game was a contest between a 2-10 team and a 3-9 team battling it out for bragging rights...the 13-10 score made the game interesting, I thought.

Reaction Score
That UConn-Virginia game was a contest between a 2-10 team and a 3-9 team battling it out for bragging rights...the 13-10 score made the game interesting, I thought.
It was early in the year and uconn was coming off a bowl game. You're looking at it with revisionist eyes. We were hoping to turn the corner with that team. We did, right into a wall.

Reaction Score
You constantly saying something doesnt mean its true. Generally it neans it’a not true.

You do realize they have already half walked away from it right? Granted playing 6 northeast FCS teams is your wet dream but you are the only person who wants that.

WTF are you talking about.

Capital Assets. University investment. You keep your steady diet of pronouncing this University is walking away from $300m +. Ain’t happening.

The primary motivation of the BE move - in my mind - was the Aresco AAC Flat revenue for 13 years. That’s apparently great for Tulsa.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
are you talking about.

Capital Assets. University investment. You keep your steady diet of pronouncing this University is walking away from $300m +. Ain’t happening.

The primary motivation of the BE move - in my mind - was the Aresco AAC Flat revenue for 13 years. That’s apparently great for Tulsa.

That was the problem. The deal was great for Tulane, Tulsa and others, not so much for UConn. They left because of being relegated to ESPN+ for basketball men and women. UConn didn't want that, nor should the fan base. Going Independent is tough, but staying the status quote was not going to help.

C

Chief00

UConn needs to own their venues, be responsible for P/L and have accountablity for success/failure. Then you have a starting point for real numbers and less government #’s nonsense.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Mosquitoes won't fly if it is 50 degrees. Fans were in more danger with a noon start than they would have been at night.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It was mostly late-career Lenny Bruce. You should come back to us.

Reaction Score
UConn plays South Florida this week. Two state sponsored institutions of ‘higher’ learning. (South Florida isn’t in South Florida which gets them off to bad start for playing school.)

You need to be as old as Pudge to remember the last time UConn beat an FBS team. They have spent 20+ million since 2011 on a parade of coaches who couldn’t win in the NVC.

South Florida might actually be worse off. That they hired and have stuck with Charlie Strong is pretty hilarious if you don’t have skin in the game. Can you even imagine hiring a coach so bad that you are sweating UConn week?

If you combined these two rosters you’d need to hire a Temple coach to make a bowl.

Anyway let’s get to the good part:

These two universities both have huge budget problems. That’s not going to get in the way of them spending millions on incompetent coaches and athletic departments.

Sending young adults out to potentially scramble their brains also isn’t a concern - sure Charlie Strong is going to make like $600k this week - but whatever.

The beauty of this complete disaster of a football game played between two universities wasting tens of millions of dollars on their football ineptitude is... they changed the time of the game because someone might get bit by a mosquito on a 50 degree night.

The next time you propose more government in your life... remember the time two inept athletic departments wasting 20 million dollars annually ignored paying 7 figures each to Strong and Edsall but ran scared from mosquitos.

Whalers, I agree with you. USF was named in 1959 since it was the southernmost higher ed school in Florida. Most of South Florida gulf coast had small towns, so USF was placed in a major city on the west coast, Tampa. Now if the did it today...USF would be in Ft Meyers...and Tampa would be UGC (University of Gulf Coast) or West Central Florida University...

Reaction Score
Whalers, I agree with you. USF was named in 1959 since it was the southernmost higher ed school in Florida. Most of South Florida gulf coast had small towns, so USF was placed in a major city on the west coast, Tampa. Now if the did it today...USF would be in Ft Meyers...and Tampa would be UGC (University of Gulf Coast) or West Central Florida University...

Very true.. FGCU is an an awesome spot in the FT Myers area.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Very true.. FGCU is an an awesome spot in the FT Myers area.
From the road driving by I thought it looked like Manchester Community.

Reaction Score
From the road driving by I thought it looked like Manchester Community.

You can’t see it from the road and it doesn’t look like MCC. It’s a nice campus but it doesn’t have the traditional university feel due to the lack of old buildings etc. It is growing rapidly and becoming very competitive.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom