The Big Picture | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Big Picture

C

Chief00

I will forever hold a grudge over her tenure. With every single move in realignment she proved herself to be completely out of her depth. From replacing Hathaway with Pendergast (tectonic plates are shifting), to monitoring with Warde while scumbag Jurich out maneuvered her. Or my favorite "we need to ask ourselves, if putting student athletes on a bus to Ames is in their best interest".

I get that to academic types she did a great job, but to us we just want to watch high level college sports guys, she failed miserably.
You are on the money from a sports side. The students didn’t like her either and the reason she gave for leaving was total BS but I am just thrilled she left and the new guy is a huge improvement.
Just for the record, Chief is under the understanding she screwed up the Big East deal but the new President saved the day. While that hurt our football, he was told that was in our best interest and succeeded in attaining that goal. It was the same old story, as it was in the other conference realignments, she turned off her peers - the other Presidents. That’s why we were never going anywhere with her in charge.
As for the academic side, Chief admittedly has no insight. I just would be skeptical of giving her credit though without analyzing first.

C

Chief00

I never thought UConn had a real chance in the last round of CRA. The tv gods already decided that the ACC had enough teams in the northeast to deliver the economics they wanted.

It was a complete failure of our leadership.

C

Chief00

The first game of the TJ Weist era. He, at 40%, has the highest winning percentage of any UConn coach since Randy’s first stint.
I said at the time they should have let him continue head coaching - he had won the last three games. Why argue with success? But, Suzy and Warde her rockstar wanted the big name coach, who was Diaco. To think how Warde parlayed all this failure into the Michigan AD job is one for textbooks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom