Texas OLmen to get 50k each | The Boneyard

Texas OLmen to get 50k each

Reaction Score
That's only $800,000 per year. NOTE - the MAC conference TV rights deal is only $410,000 per year.

And then ... some Clark Collective has a $10m deal coming to Longhorn sports over 17 varying intercollegiate sports teams. WE are now on the verge of truly professional teams with University uniforms.

Reaction Score
And…this is the corruption we all knew was coming.

i guess it is at least above board now, but there is no denying that teams are now buying national prominence.

Reaction Score
How does any non P4/5 compete with this? Quick answer is they can’t.
They don’t have too compete. There are only so many teams that can and will pay this kind money. So the best of the best go to the SEC or P4/5. The rest of the players have to play somewhere.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
ahhh "Non profits" - most US citizens have no clue just how much profit there is in the world of non profit organizations. What some call profit, others cycle through the system as a wage or fee! All you need is a nice little mission statement. :)

Last edited:

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Umm, who actually read how this is supposed to work? As reported, "'The Horns With Heart' announcement said it was founded by six Texas alumni and supporters 'with experience across multiple industries and disciplines for use of their name, image and likeness to make a positive impact on local communities'". How is this not a good thing? To me, this is a great way for premier athletes to begin (or continue) directing their energies and (future) finances towards worthwhile causes. I'm pretty sure there are guidelines on how these $$$ can be used.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Umm, who actually read how this is supposed to work? As reported, "'The Horns With Heart' announcement said it was founded by six Texas alumni and supporters 'with experience across multiple industries and disciplines for use of their name, image and likeness to make a positive impact on local communities'". How is this not a good thing? To me, this is a great way for premier athletes to begin (or continue) directing their energies and (future) finances towards worthwhile causes. I'm pretty sure there are guidelines on how these $$$ can be used.
You bolded words. You know the difference between words and actions, right? They will do nothing for nobody.

Reaction Score
After their collective payouts, it looks like the tight ends and OL are going to make $150,000 a season. On top of free tuition, room and board, that's quite a deal.

Harvard can probably pay 10x that. It'd be awesome if they jumped into the arms race.

What a bastardization of college sports.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure there will be bunch of non-profits that will be formed with great mission statements with sole intention of paying college players. Whether they are legit or not, it really doesn't matter. Didn't Trump literally used his non-profit as basically his own person bank account? Plenty of rich people do the same, it is just part of the system that these folks can comfortably operate in the grey area.

The bottom line is those players are getting $50k per year, which is great for them.

What we need now is some CT "non-profit" organizations to step up and pay UConn players $50k per year. Let's hope there are some generous CT "non-profit" companies around.

Reaction Score
Not sure what you are saying. The charity is paying the players for use of their name and likeness. The players just keep the money.

Reaction Score
This is because the courts decided a college education had a dollar value of zero.

Reaction Score
Not sure what you are saying. The charity is paying the players for use of their name and likeness. The players just keep the money.

There is a bit more here (… and yea, proof will in the projects completed not in a press release). $50k of value is quite a bit.

-> In exchange the student athletes will be expected to participate in activities that will benefit various charities. For example, Horns with Heart might choose a Habitat for Humanity group to support and take the entire offensive line to build a house. Another example would be a flag football tournament to benefit a youth sports charity. <-

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
There is a bit more here (… and yea, proof will in the projects completed not in a press release):

-> In exchange the student athletes will be expected to participate in activities that will benefit various charities. For example, Horns with Heart might choose a Habitat for Humanity group to support and take the entire offensive line to build a house. Another example would be a flag football tournament to benefit a youth sports charity. <-
Thanks huskymedic. It's unreal how cynicism and negativity seems to rule the BY at times. Sad actually. It's why (I'd guess) 80% of the people logged in at any time don't even dare to offer comment.

Reaction Score
And…this is the corruption we all knew was coming.

i guess it is at least above board now, but there is no denying that teams are now buying national prominence.
Give their scholarships to academics. Make them pay to go to school.

Reaction Score
I’m sorry, but being cynical of a lineman getting paid 50k to spend a day working for Habitat for Humanity or organizing a flag football game is to be expected.

Of course, it’s better than doing nothing but this is clearly a nonsense way to get guys 50k. Why did they choose linemen? My guess is that linemen are very under-appreciated and are less marketable than skill players, Dbacks and Linebackers. Those guys will get paid more individually by other companies and organizations. Real convenient that they want the least recognizable guys on the team to market for them and get the 50k. This is nothing but a scam to get good linemen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom