Texas exposed UCONN tonight | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Texas exposed UCONN tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Be very physical with Stewie!! UCONN struggled to a team they absolutely destroyed last year. Baylor has owned Texas this season not even close. Depending on the game tonight with Baylor and Oregon State.. Which I think Baylor will absolutely destroy them tonight. My point is if UCONN plays like they did tonight in the national semis it will be a loss for my beloved huskies. I know UCONN is up but just doesn't seem like a typical UCONN performance. I'm quite nervous about the semis in Indy!!
I think the result might have been a little more lopsided if they hadn't used professional wrestling refs.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Listen I'm new to the board I'm just stating my opinion no need to get all defensive it's ok guys!! Everyone is entitled to there opinion.
Yes, everyone is entitled to an opinion but everyone is also entitled to comment on someone else's opinion. Welcome to the Boneyard Mike.

I suggest you cut back on the Redbulls before posting. The sky's not falling and people aren't giving you a hard time. It's all good.

Reaction Score
TX played great! I thought some of the early refs calls vs UCONN made them mellow their Defense a little bit which led to a TX runs but every time TX got a little closer, UCONN hit some big 3's or made great plays to keep the distance!
Not to worry. Geno will punish them this week and our true Huskies will show up in Indianapolis!

Reaction Score
TX played great! I thought some of the early refs calls vs UCONN made them mellow their Defense a little bit which led to a TX runs but every time TX got a little closer, UCONN hit some big 3's or made great plays to keep the distance!
Not to worry. Geno will punish them this week and our true Huskies will show up in Indianapolis!
Not "punish" but "coach" them. When I ran my teams into the ground, I reminded them it was conditioning not punishment. It usually occurred after a lacklustered effort.

T

TroyHouse66

Frodo
<<Got to admit I was torn on this one...can't stand Mulkey and Baylor....>>

I was actually rendered a bit out of sync at the beginning of the game.
When we realized that Kim was sporting ABSOLUTELY NO visible sequins, our fear was that she was launching some elaborate & nefarious distraction of the Beaver clan.

Her (6 & 1/2 ft) trees are mighty... (actually, mighty young), but as coaches are known to remark... "The best things about Freshmen, is that they become Sophmores." Baylor may become quite unbearable, when they add their incoming Frosh, next year. They looking formitable on paper...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
T
Doubt it. This was just one of those games, and Geno isn't going to stress them on it. Not every game can be like Saturday, and the elite eight is always a little weird in terms of how the team handles it.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'm at a loss for words. I wonder if Texas is celebrating their accomplishment?

A two seed only loses by 21 points, "do you believe in miracles"?

I never thought the outcome was in doubt, thought Texas did what they needed to do, still wasn't nearly enough

Reaction Score
There always seems to be one game where Uconn has an off night. Felt like they were sick/colds or just an off night. It is the law of averages considering how well they played the last game. I was impressed how OSU handled the intense defense of Baylor. Tough group of kids. Looking forward to the game.

Reaction Score
Be very physical with Stewie!! UCONN struggled to a team they absolutely destroyed last year. Baylor has owned Texas this season not even close. Depending on the game tonight with Baylor and Oregon State.. Which I think Baylor will absolutely destroy them tonight. My point is if UCONN plays like they did tonight in the national semis it will be a loss for my beloved huskies. I know UCONN is up but just doesn't seem like a typical UCONN performance. I'm quite nervous about the semis in Indy!!

I was just curious as to how this prediction worked out for you tonight Mike? LOL:eek:

Reaction Score
I agree with both sides. It wasn't a horrible game, but the rebounding was not good at all. Outrebounded, and if you break down offensive versus defensive rebounds, it looks even worse than the totals. That has to improve in the final four. Also a couple of uncharactistic mental lapses. I'm betting Geno wasn't nuts about getting beat back for a layup after a free throw either. Kia might hear about 38 minutes and no rebounds, too. Morgan was great, and Stewie kept getting back up and making plays after being knocked down.

Reaction Score
Get a grip. They won by 20. Give Texas some credit for playing like an elite 8 team.

Reaction Score

You are wrong on both counts, UConn won by 21 and Baylor LOST. Apparently, you aren't any better at this than Charles Barkley. Texas was physical, and a decent team. Nevertheless, the outcome was never in doubt from the 2nd quarter on.

Reaction Score
I think UConn was exposed. Again. Exposed as the best team in the country. They were played physically, yet Stewie's numbers were really, really good. Moriah hit some 3s at opportune times and had a "good" game. Tuck was fearless and played an A game. Lou played the first 1 1/2 quarters like a very talented freshman. Nurse gave it all she had and gave a good showing. Gabby gave her usual spark off the bench. After Geno's time-out reminder to the freshmen both Collier & Lou were great. I was especially impressed with Napheesa tonight.

Yes, I think we were exposed. I did see some unusual letdowns at times it seemed which may have been the result of the physical play but all in all it was a good win, a commanding performance and another step closer to #4.

It was the Baylor game that was disappointing. I hated for Baylor to get beat... I wanted UConn to have the honors. I am not afraid of any of the other teams (nor was I of Baylor). I'm only sorry we have to wait almost a week for the next game.

Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
I'm at a loss for words. I wonder if Texas is celebrating their accomplishment?

A two seed only loses by 21 points, "do you believe in miracles"?

I never thought the outcome was in doubt, thought Texas did what they needed to do, still wasn't nearly enough

I don't think there's any question that Texas is proud of their performance and they should be. In the post game press conference, CGA admitted that he did not want his players to have to play the minutes that they did.

It's true that Texas didn't do nearly enough to win but they did manage to dictate the manner of play. I don't think another team did that this season.

Reaction Score
I was at the game. Texas deserves a lot of credit. They played hard the whole game and caused some of our problems. That said, their defensive strategy seemed to be "whack a Stewie" and anybody else. Kia was thrown to the floor in the first half, no call. Lou came out of a scrum banged up, no call and we had countless drives to the basket where we were hacked and no call. Once we played zone, the foul calls stopped. Despite all of that, we beat a very good team by 21 points.

Reaction Score
We got out hustled a few times in transition which is surprising, and didn't bother even putting a hand in the face of the shooters behind the arc (similar to how defended the 3 against Dayton last season) many times. Overall we brought our B game and still beat a #2 seed by 20+. I think Baylor is going to be a tougher game, as many have alluded that's the national title game.
I'd clarify that to say they brought their B game on defense only.

Reaction Score
Listen I'm new to the board I'm just stating my opinion no need to get all defensive it's ok guys!! Everyone is entitled to there opinion.
Even when it's wrong!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Right! :eek:
Being exposed is winning by 20+ points - got it! I am knew to this english language! :rolleyes:

I would say Uconn played their B+ game tonight and I thought Texas played really well - they got down by 20 but kept it together this year, unlike last year.

B Game??? Games like the Tx game sometimes it's the opponent and their game plan that causes Uconn (or any team) to not play their AA game. A good coach, and TX has a good coach, tries to set the tempo--and they did for the first half--when Collier and Gabby came in with fresh legs and great rebounding Uconn became the UConn you think they should be. But let us be fair, Uconn (while great) can't play their defense without leaving at least one player open--that's the weakness of "help defense"..

Reaction Score

This is the Boneyard, you are allowed an opinion, unless it conflicts with an others opinion ---or a nitpicker cuts and pastes your words to change what your wrote. Welcome 1950.
My favorite year was 1872. Sure and begora

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Im not worried about Oregon St. UConn is quicker and more athletic inside. UConn will be able to defend the 3 with Stewie up top and Tuck down low. Im really not concerned about UConn winning the rest of the way out. None of the FF teams have faced UConn this season. It will be an experience.

As far as Texas. They are a big physical team that played hard, hustled and shot the 3 great lost by 21. UConns defense will handle the perimeter and inside well I expect the Hammer to be in foul trouble as UConn is too quick and to athletic for Oregon St to handle.

Reaction Score

I'm afraid you're "struggling" to come up with an original thought, Mike--a 21 point "struggle"? And as for your other idea that Baylor will "absolutely destroy" OSU, well, if UConn plays the Bears Sunday it will have to be outside in the parking lot as a warm up to taking on the Beavers inside the arena. One strike left.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Texas played its "A" game. They hit shots...lots of them...shots they didn't make against UCLA. They packed the middle making it a traffic jam everytime Moriah and our players tried to penetrate and dish. It was as if they declared the middle a war zone and UConn players were going to take casualties if they penetrated the "green zone". They also took away UConn's transistion game by playing their bigs off the line and across half court when UConn was at the foul line. They caught UConn sleeping a couple of times when they ran their players out after a made basket...a play obviously drawn up in their pre-game preparation (An easy adjustment once Geno and staff look over the game film). They did their scouting report and the players bought into it. Despite all of that they still lost by 21 points.

Reaction Score
It was tough to expect another near perfect performance after Saturday's game with Miss St. Yes we did not look our best at times, but Texas was no pushover. They played us well. Showing toughness and hustle. It was a good test and will give the coaches things to work on this week.

We did not play our A game and still won. Cannot say the same about the other 3 #1 seeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom