Texas exposed UCONN tonight | The Boneyard

Texas exposed UCONN tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Be very physical with Stewie!! UCONN struggled to a team they absolutely destroyed last year. Baylor has owned Texas this season not even close. Depending on the game tonight with Baylor and Oregon State.. Which I think Baylor will absolutely destroy them tonight. My point is if UCONN plays like they did tonight in the national semis it will be a loss for my beloved huskies. I know UCONN is up but just doesn't seem like a typical UCONN performance. I'm quite nervous about the semis in Indy!!

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Texas was a much better matchup for UConn last year. We had Kiah and KML, both big strong players who could bang inside. Kiah had the game of her life last year against Texas. This year's squad isn't as physical.

That said, we won by 21. Soooo the sky is not falling.

Reaction Score
You do know that Stewie is a senior and plays against the likes of Brittney Griner, EDD, Catchings, Tina Charles, just to name a few. You know, WNBA players that form the Team USA Women's basketball team. I am sure she can handle the "physical" play of college players.

Reaction Score
Be very physical with Stewie!! UCONN struggled to a team they absolutely destroyed last year. Baylor has owned Texas this season not even close. Depending on the game tonight with Baylor and Oregon State.. Which I think Baylor will absolutely destroy them tonight. My point is if UCONN plays like they did tonight in the national semis it will be a loss for my beloved huskies. I know UCONN is up but just doesn't seem like a typical UCONN performance. I'm quite nervous about the semis in Indy!!

I'm the normal "the sky is falling" guy with Uconn but tonights game EXPOSED nothing. Excuse me, it EXPOSED GABBY and COLLIER's abilities--!! Agressive guards and one fast guard (Ariel) made it tough on Uconn tonight---Three Bigs from Texas had their singular moment. Yet Tuck who is 4 to 7 inches shorter than those bigs had her way. Baylor had a loss or 2 but they never played Uconn did they? Stew, Tuck, Moriah, Collier, Nurse, Gabby, Katie Lou are playing their best ball---let us worry about Baylor--if and when Uconn is down by 10 point (seriously do you believe that will happen????)

Reaction Score
Texas experienced a series of tough injuries last year and was totally unfamiliar with what UConn hit them with. And Sara is spot on about what Kia and Kaleena gave us in last year's game. Aston is an excellent coach who had 'em ready. The tough nature of this contest is beneficial.

Reaction Score
You do know that Stewie is a senior and plays against the likes of Brittney Griner, EDD, Catchings, Tina Charles, just to name a few. You know, WNBA players that form the Team USA Women's basketball team. I am sure she can handle the "physical" play of college players.
The "knock" on Stewart in her freshman year , and it was true from dec 1 thru march 1, was she folded under physical play--that hasn't happen since!!

Reaction Score
We got out hustled a few times in transition which is surprising, and didn't bother even putting a hand in the face of the shooters behind the arc (similar to how defended the 3 against Dayton last season) many times. Overall we brought our B game and still beat a #2 seed by 20+. I think Baylor is going to be a tougher game, as many have alluded that's the national title game.

Reaction Score
"Baylor has owned Texas"
80-67, 74-48, 79-63 ==> Avg score: 78-59

UConn 86-65
First game by 13, third game by 16, 2nd game by 26, final game by 19----Uconn's one game without watching them a number of times was 22---who owned whom?? Math only works on taxes (sometimes) but proves nothing in Basketball--unless you have taken them by 50 or 60 ---
Gabby on Davis, Stew and Tuck, take out the 6ft 7 (ala Texas), Moriah, Nurse, Katie will do their normal thing and Baylor will fall --maybe not by 30 by fall it will.

Reaction Score
The only troublesome results were:
- We got outrebounded
- We uncharacteristically allowed transition baskets, often following our own makes
- We occasionally forced passes into the post that were easily defended
- We allowed a number of open perimeter shots (this has been an issue all year)
- We looked a little shaky handling their press on a few possessions

On the bright side:
- Stewie handled the physicality fairly well (still shot 8/15)
- Tuck's offense was on
- Everyone's outside shot was on (12/21 on 3's)
- Collier played her best game against good competition in a while
- Passing, for the most part, was excellent (24 assists on 31 made baskets)

Reaction Score
I wouldn't call it exposed but they got way too many rebounds and they really slowed down the tempo; allowed very few fast break points.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Right! :eek:
Being exposed is winning by 20+ points - got it! I am knew to this english language! :rolleyes:

I would say Uconn played their B+ game tonight and I thought Texas played really well - they got down by 20 but kept it together this year, unlike last year.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't call it exposed but they got way too many rebounds and they really slowed down the tempo; allowed very few fast break points.
Boyette is 6-7 and her sub Lang is 6-5 and they like to play physical. This wasn't going to be one of those games where we could just stand there and out jump everyone else for the rebound no matter how long the arms of Stewie and KLS are.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

That's BS pure and simple. What you saw tonight was what happens when they don't play their A game. It was more like a B+ tonight. And not at all unusual in this game to get to the final four.

Reaction Score
Listen I'm new to the board I'm just stating my opinion no need to get all defensive it's ok guys!! Everyone is entitled to there opinion.

Reaction Score
They struggled? :confused: They won by 21 against a team that was competitive what more could one ask? Roughing up Stewie is nothing new but I realize you are new here and not sure how long you have followed the game.
Sometimes credit has to be given to the other team and the fact they learned from UConn. At least three times they inbounded the ball and took it the length of the floor for the easy uncontested layup catching our girls not getting back. ;) Texas is a good team and only going to get better in the future, tonight was a good win over a legit 2 seed. Not the same team they destroyed last year. (Just as we will not be the same next year.)
No attack Mike but you must have been a shipwreck when we earlier in the season beat Notre Dame and Maryland by only 10. Let's not forget the just getting by SC by 11. Again no malice, just a reminder, margin of victory has absolutely nothing to do with who they hand the trophy to.

Reaction Score
I'm with Broadway on this one. I usually find somethign to complain about, but UConn was not exposed in any way tonight. Tough game against a tough opponent? Sure. A 20-point win? Sure.

So?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc