Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas) | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He has had a few other players with a cup of coffee in the league like Kirk Snyder and Nick Fazekas. Ramon Sessions has had a nice career. But nothing to write home about.

The information you guys have regarding the basket ball world never ceases to amaze me!

Also, the fact that their mods are the ones encouraging the tweeting whereas ours are quite obviously not.
Yes but we are under the Emmert rule!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
How about going to the games as statement. You think the same 10 guys contacting recruits makes more of a statement than empty seats at the xl center. Buy a ticket and leave the recruits alone
My advice as well. I'm just saying pleading to a vast population to behave won't change too many minds of those breaking the rules. The majority of us agree with you and are already following your advice. A few individuals just don't know the rules and it was worth making them understand the rules. But there are fans for every team that don't believe rules apply to them. So the tweeting will most likely be broken by every fan base and the NCAA will either choose to ignore enforcing this rule or change the rule. Same as they did with the limited texts that coaches could send to recruits.

Reaction Score
My advice as well. I'm just saying pleading to a vast population to behave won't change too many minds of those breaking the rules. The majority of us agree with you and are already following your advice. A few individuals just don't know the rules and it was worth making them understand the rules. But there are fans for every team that don't believe rules apply to them. So the tweeting will most likely be broken by every fan base and the NCAA will either choose to ignore enforcing this rule or change the rule. Same as they did with the limited texts that coaches could send to recruits.

I agree with you as well and believe the NCAA will not do anything about it. But it is the NCAA so proceed with caution

Reaction Score
Alumni, season ticket holders, or interest special groups which 3 would fall within. They're are enough rules in the rule book to qualify 75% of the fans if the NCAA ever decided to go after schools.

3 is a UConn booster? That specially refers to someone who donates money to the university through booster clubs.

Reaction Score
3 is a UConn booster? That specially refers to someone who donates money to the university through booster clubs.

I do not know if he donates. That's his business. But he would be considered special interest and having ties indirectly to Uconn imo

Reaction Score
He has had a few other players with a cup of coffee in the league like Kirk Snyder and Nick Fazekas. Ramon Sessions has had a nice career. But nothing to write home about..

Snyder did ok at first, then flamed out & last I heard was arrested for robbery of some sorts. I thought Fazekas would be successful. He had the height & shot, just not athletic enough. I though he'd be a poor man's Van Horn. Sessions turned out the best of them all. Everyone thought he was crazy for leaving early, including me!

caw

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure 3 would not be considered a booster, unless the entire state is.

The fact Mack seems to be close to a decision seems like good news if what 3 said about him deciding soon being a plus for UConn is true.

Edit: VCU fans seem to have convinced themselves UConn isn't serious about Mack and really wants Jones, seems very counter to what Z posted.

Reaction Score
Leave The Recruiting To Us - Notre Dame Athletics…:

Here is a good video posted by ND. Basically fans should not contact recruits. Not just boosters.

Reaction Score
Leave The Recruiting To Us - Notre Dame Athletics…:

Here is a good video posted by ND. Basically fans should not contact recruits. Not just boosters.

We got very different messages from that video. Boosters.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
To be fair to the VCU "campaigning". They did instruct that their tweeps use Tevin Mack's name and not his twitter handle. For those in our beloved fan base that are old enough to wax poetic about Wes Bialosuknia's mid range game, this means they aren't addressing the kid directly but merely talking about him into the void. He'll only see the chatter if he searches his own name, something he probably does on the regular.

It's passive aggressive, not harassing. That being said, I'm sure it still doesn't make any difference.

Reaction Score
I have a new Twitter account. Moniker is: Boeheim'sFine.

My first tweet is to Tyus Battle. It reads, "Come to Cuse, I'll take you to eat at DinoBBQ, introduce you to Laurie!'

Don't forget about the 50 Wisconsin fans that tweeted to Diamond Stone last week.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
Good luck policing fans on twitter...that's almost as pointless as policing coaches on the amount of texts and calls to make to a recruit

ctchamps

Reaction Score
To be fair to the VCU "campaigning". They did instruct that their tweeps use Tevin Mack's name and not his twitter handle. For those in our beloved fan base that are old enough to wax poetic about Wes Bialosuknia's mid range game, this means they aren't addressing the kid directly but merely talking about him into the void. He'll only see the chatter if he searches his own name, something he probably does on the regular.

It's passive aggressive, not harassing. That being said, I'm sure it still doesn't make any difference.
Thanks for the explanation.

I think it does make all the difference in the world. They are taking advantage of a loophole in the rules. Take note of who they are. They potentially are future leaders of the world for better or for worse.

So get with it fan boys. Don't tweet to recruits. However if the urge is there do it intelligently. In other words if you lack integrity, don't be stupid about it!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Good luck policing fans on twitter...that's almost as pointless as policing coaches on the amount of texts and calls to make to a recruit
Obviously you missed a post preceding yours. Great minds think alike.:) Yours gets higher style points.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I think it's seriously hilarious that VCU fans are being hypocritical, especially considering that out of the schools Mack is visiting they aren't even in the top 2 favorited. I know the 247 crystal ball isn't important or accurate, but VCU hasn't gotten a single pick for Mack.

"Let's put a twitter full court press on this kid and complain when a diehard UConn fan tweets at him." Guess we should apologize that 3 has gained more credibility on twitter than any of the overly optimistic VCU fans.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
Fans tweeting players doesn't offer any advantage to one school. Fans don't offer anything to the recruits in that sense other than attention. Unless the NCAA views attention and ego feeding as a benefit then it is something that will not and cannot be stopped so tweet on if you feel so inclined...just know that your tweet will have zero impact on the recruits decision

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Who wants to contact Uconn compliance and ask then?

You don't have to - it's a violation.

Impossible to police, but still a violation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom