Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas) | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
So you don't want me to start a New England Clam Chowder thread?
I think we should start a grits thread. Give him some home cooking!

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Funny - when I was back in CT last week, I almost started one cause I wanted the best clam chowder I could find. In the end, I didn't get the best pizza (but I got something that crushed west coast pizza), didn't get the best clam chowder, but I did get whole belly fried clams that were excellent - you can't get full belly on the west coast.

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="jleves, post: 1091812, member: 757" but I did get whole belly fried clams that were excellent - you can't get full belly on the west coast.[/QUOTE]

Blue Plate on Ocean in Santa Monica, or Connie and Teds in West Hollywood if you want to spend a little.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
[QUOTE="jleves, post: 1091812, member: 757" but I did get whole belly fried clams that were excellent - you can't get full belly on the west coast.

Blue Plate on Ocean in Santa Monica, or Connie and Teds in West Hollywood if you want to spend a little.[/QUOTE]
Thanks - I'll check them out.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Anyone have any word of when Tevin Mack will announce? His tweet made it seem like it will be very soon.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

LOOK WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!

LOOK AT IT!

You've chowdered us. A drive by chowdering.

Reaction Score
No more chowder, no more pizza or grinders let's just wait for Mr Mack to decide. Eventually these kids will think we have no chance of cheering at the games as all we do is eat!;)

Reaction Score
Not really concerned about it because all I am is a fan. I believe I have something in my bio saying that I have not connection with UConn. They are doing the same thing I did except I did it once.
Hate to stir the hornets nest but I think at least some tweeting should be going on. If I was a kid and getting tweets from every fanbase except UConn I would think the other fans were just more excited about my coming there. I could go to UConn and be just another player in a long line of greats or go to so and so and be a legend. Briscoe seems to favor Kentucky partly because their fanbase is bananas. I think we're so damn stoic at times. Loosen up. A few tweets are definitely not going to hurt and maybe just maybe they'll help. A kid could be thinking ....all the greats that went there and they're worked up for me....wow. Tweeting is part of the culture now and I'm sure it's expected. It's done by all the real rabid fanbases. Why not ours?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Rhode Island Clam Chowder, not New England. And Johnny Ad's in Old Saybrook is the best.

Next question?

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score
I don't either ive been ragging on VCU all week but 1 tweet wouldn't hurt..

It is an important step for young adolescent males to learn when to call the girl and when to set down the phone and wait. Sadly, some men never take that step and find themselves accused of stalking. Curiously, the condition has been observed to be more prevalent amongst males south of the Mason-Dixon line, but occasionally is also observable in males hailing from in and around the nutmeg state.

Reaction Score
It is an important step for young adolescent males to learn when to call the girl and when to set down the phone and wait. Sadly, some men never take that step and find themselves accused of stalking. Curiously, the condition has been observed to be more prevalent amongst males south of the Mason-Dixon line, but occasionally is also observable in males hailing from in and around the nutmeg state.
You make a good point that I partly agree with. I'm just saying we should send some positive tweets their way to let them know we're just as psyched about them coming here as other fans. I'm not endorsing stalking or harassing. I don't even have a twitter account myself. I'm old.

Reaction Score
The decision is being made between a roster of top 100 recruits coached by a guy who has proven himself on the NBA and NCAA level, and a roster of some top recruits with a bunch of 3 stars coached by a guy who has NOT sent guys to the NBA nor has he proven it on the NCAA level.

Maybe more playing time at Georgia, I don't know, but that's the decision being made. On the other hand, once Omar and Daniel Hamilton leave, which could be as soon as Hamilton's sophomore year, UConn has absolutely no one to man the 3-spot, so it would seem to me a great spot for the #50 ranked player, who will have a year of Olliewood under his belt.

Reaction Score
The decision is being made between a roster of top 100 recruits coached by a guy who has proven himself on the NBA and NCAA level, and a roster of some top recruits with a bunch of 3 stars coached by a guy who has NOT sent guys to the NBA nor has he proven it on the NCAA level.

Maybe more playing time at Georgia, I don't know, but that's the decision being made. On the other hand, once Omar and Daniel Hamilton leave, which could be as soon as Hamilton's sophomore year, UConn has absolutely no one to man the 3-spot, so it would seem to me a great spot for the #50 ranked player, who will have a year of Olliewood under his belt.
Mark Fox has actually sent guys to the NBA from both Nevada and Georgia tho...

Reaction Score
Mark Fox has actually sent guys to the NBA from both Nevada and Georgia tho...

Hrgh, there goes my theory. Don't know of any of them. And good for him.

As for NBA, I think Ollie trumps him.

Reaction Score
Hrgh, there goes my theory. Don't know of any of them. And good for him.

As for NBA, I think Ollie trumps him.

And Fox didn't send Tevin's older brother, Jermaine, to the NBA from Nevada. ;)
K. Caldwell-Pope is Fox's most recent player from Georgia in the NBA, but Travis Leslie & Trey Thompkins were One & Done in the NBA.

Reaction Score
Uconn athletics made an announcement years ago to stop contacting recruits as it is a violation. Not sure how the NCAA world enforce it since all fan bases do it. However, fans should not contact recruits plain and simple.

Reaction Score
More than anything, I just found the hypocrisy of the VCU board to be funny. Calling 3 out for tweeting to the player when their fans created this account:
@tevinmack2vcu

Reaction Score
Can't find the Uconn email. But here is something Michigan sent to their fans.

Dear Michigan Fans:

We thank you for being our most loyal fans, spectators, and supporters. As a University of Michigan season ticket holder, a UM alumnus or a member of any booster organization, you are by NCAA definition a representative of UM’s athletics interests. UM is held responsible for anything you do related to UM’s prospects and/or our current student-athletes.

The NCAA has strictly limited the role you, as a Michigan Fan, may take with regard to prospects and student-athletes. The penalties for breaking those rules, whether by accident or intentional, can be severe. Any infraction will jeopardize a prospect or student-athletes opportunity to attend and compete for UM no matter how minor it may seem. In addition, you might expose UM to NCAA sanctions, and you could be disassociated from the program.

University of Michigan’s athletics programs value your continued support. The best message you can take from this information is to ask someone who is knowledgeable about NCAA rules before taking any action with a recruit or a student-athlete. The rules are complicated, and there are far too many to mention in this e-mail. Therefore, if you have any questions do not hesitate to contact the Compliance Services Office at (734)-615-7341 or by e-mail at compliance@umich.edu.

GO BLUE!!!

Elizabeth Heinrich, Interim Chief of Compliance

Reaction Score
Uconn athletics made an announcement years ago to stop contacting recruits as it is a violation. Not sure how the NCAA world enforce it since all fan bases do it. However, fans should not contact recruits plain and simple.

Alumni should not contact recruits. Fans with no UConn affiliation can contact them. If this were not so, you'd have a bunch of fans posing as fans from other schools.

Reaction Score
In addition, I remember when Uconn fans were killing Adams for visiting Louisville. He still committed here but could of been counterproductive. Best to just stay out of it and let the staff do what they do so well. I think what Ollie tells Mack holds 100x more weight than what any fans say

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Alumni should not contact recruits. Fans with no UConn affiliation can contact them. If this were not so, you'd have a bunch of fans posing as fans from other schools.
Dang! So all my efforts at subterfuge were just a waste of time!:cool:

Reaction Score
Alumni, season ticket holders, or interest special groups which 3 would fall within. They're are enough rules in the rule book to qualify 75% of the fans if the NCAA ever decided to go after schools.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
In addition, I remember when Uconn fans were killing Adams for visiting Louisville. He still committed here but could of been counterproductive. Best to just stay out of it and let the staff do what they do so well. I think what Ollie tells Mack holds 100x more weight than what any fans say
Keep trying but you're most likely shoveling the manure against the tide. The rules are the rules. Fans everywhere are breaking them pretty much forcing the NCAA to look the other way. Most of us with any grain of common sense recognize that most recruits see fans tweets as background noise. It gives them numbers to who is following them and that's about the most significance for many of them. More than likely they are super busy trying to prepare for their future.

Reaction Score
And Fox didn't send Tevin's older brother, Jermaine, to the NBA from Nevada. ;)
K. Caldwell-Pope is Fox's most recent player from Georgia in the NBA, but Travis Leslie & Trey Thompkins were One & Done in the NBA.

He has had a few other players with a cup of coffee in the league like Kirk Snyder and Nick Fazekas. Ramon Sessions has had a nice career. But nothing to write home about.

More than anything, I just found the hypocrisy of the VCU board to be funny. Calling 3 out for tweeting to the player when their fans created this account:
@tevinmack2vcu

Also, the fact that their mods are the ones encouraging the tweeting whereas ours are quite obviously not.

Reaction Score
Keep trying but you're most likely shoveling the manure against the tide. The rules are the rules, fans everywhere are breaking them pretty much forcing the NCAA to look the other way. Most of us with any grain of common sense recognize that most recruits see fans tweets as background noise. It gives them numbers to who is following them and that's about the most significance for many of them. More than likely they are super busy trying to prepare for their future.
How about going to the games as statement. You think the same 10 guys contacting recruits makes more of a statement than empty seats at the xl center. Buy a ticket and leave the recruits alone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom