Terrence Samuel Senior Yr Highlights | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Terrence Samuel Senior Yr Highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Quit frankly, I like his ability to take on contact going to the basket and still make the shot.
Agree on that. Great passer but I guess I figured that from the reports. Shot looked pretty nice, better than expected. Good size. I think KO sees himself in this kid!

I was a little underwhelmed at his explosiveness I think that's why low ranking. I think this kid is a lot more than Austrie. Happy we have him, think he'll work hard and be a great distributor / defender. I think his shot can b better than we heard previously, he won't need to be Khalid!

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Love his size ... we haven't had a big PG in a while. Also looks like he has a lot of confidence.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Kid looks better than Austrie already. I dont get that comparison.

Samuel looks like he can take it to the rim aggressively and score with bodies around him or make a nice dump off pass for an easy bucket. Great vision. KO will develop his game further and I think he will be an incredibly important 4 year player for the program.

Reaction Score
Austrie played in a CT high school basketball league,Terrence plays in a NYC high school league which is a way higher in competition.So I think he is already better than Aussie and more prepared than him due to the level of competition Samuel played day in day out.

pj

Reaction Score
Agree on that. Great passer but I guess I figured that from the reports. Shot looked pretty nice, better than expected. Good size. I think KO sees himself in this kid!

I was a little underwhelmed at his explosiveness I think that's why low ranking. I think this kid is a lot more than Austrie. Happy we have him, think he'll work hard and be a great distributor / defender. I think his shot can b better than we heard previously, he won't need to be Khalid!

KO was a lot faster. But Samuel has strengths. Will be interesting to see how he performs against high level competition.

Reaction Score
Both Bazz and Lamb were NOT ranked in ESPN top 100. Only Roscoe at 34. Rivals had Lamb at
76 and Bazz at 98.

Nobody was paying attention to ESPN's rankings until Telep went over there, in the final RSCI rankings for 2010, Bazz was 75 and Lamb #78.

Reaction Score
Those of you who r saying Samuels will be better as a freshman than Austrie was as a senior are delusional.

Reaction Score
He will be thought in a simalar way as Bazz.
2010-2011 nice young addition to compliment Kemba and Lamb
2011-2012 the worse point in Uconns history.
2012-2013 A genuine hero of Huskiedom and a growing legend
2013-2014 who knows? Hopefully one of only two Huskie players with two rings. Don't forget NG.
Remember when Bazz was though of as the worse PG in the history of UConn. who was that poster?
This kid will have ups and downs but after its over I believe he will be remembered fondly.
Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Edge2017

Bleed Blue
Reaction Score

Highly disagree with that, we had high expectations and never really panned out but I wouldn't call it the worst point in UCONN history, I give that award to George Mason.

Reaction Score
Highly disagree with that, we had high expectations and never really panned out but I wouldn't call it the worst point (point guard) in UCONN history, I give that award to George Mason.

I wasn't talking about the year from a team perspective . I was talking about the view of some bone yarders regarding SN that year. There was a long thread calling Shabazz the worst point guard in UConn history.
The thought was that every kid that comes through the program has ups and downs.
Some opinions tend to the extreme.

Edge2017

Bleed Blue
Reaction Score
Oh okay I understand now, the "in uconn history" threw me off. I wasn't sold on Bazz til last year either.

caw

Reaction Score
He will be thought in a simalar way as Bazz.
2010-2011 nice young addition to compliment Kemba and Lamb
2012-2013 A genuine hero of Huskiedom and a growing legend
2013-2014 who knows? Hopefully one of only two Huskie players with two rings. Don't forget NG.
Remember when Bazz was though of as the worse PG in the history of UConn. who was that poster?
This kid will have ups and downs but after its over I believe he will be remembered fondly.
Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

You mean three with potentially two rings. Lol. Sorry just found it funny after reminding us to not forget NG you forgot TO.

Reaction Score
You mean three with potentially two rings. Lol. Sorry just found it funny after reminding us to not forget NG you forgot TO.

Apologies! How could I forget? Wolf would have been 4.
He did suit up 2nd semester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc