Terrence Samuel Senior Yr Highlights | The Boneyard

Terrence Samuel Senior Yr Highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like this kid.
He went both left and right and seems to understand the power of the bounce pass.

He has could size and under Ollie will have a great future

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Kid looks like he has a very good first step and great court awareness, things that highlight films can't really distort. Also has nice shooting form. He looks like he will be a nice addition.

Reaction Score
I honestly think the only reason this kid isn't ranked higher is that he doesn't score 25+ per game. And the only reason he isn't a big scorer is that he looks to pass first on every possession.

Most people are counting on him as a role/bench player because he isnt a 4 or 5 star, but i think he can be much much more.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Kid looks like he has a very good first step and great court awareness, things that highlight films can't really distort. Also has nice shooting form. He looks like he will be a nice addition.
Agree, he also has very good strength and size for a PG and should develop into a strong defender.

Edge2017

Bleed Blue
Reaction Score
Looks like a poor mans Kemba. Could definitely see him developing into a solid true point guard.

Reaction Score
Very impressed looks a lot more skilled than I thought.

Reaction Score
Hes a great passer, Smart with the ball, Good size and defender, Super unselfish.

Weakness is his shot has a long way to go. Will play sparingly this year.

Reaction Score
By his Junior year this kid will be a really nice player- he looks steady - no razzle dazzle just gets the job done. I like these kinds of players in the mix.

Reaction Score
Looks good, great smart passer. Looks like he might not have as tight a handle as we've been accustomed to with Kemba/Bazz/Boat, but nice height to give us some different lineup mixes.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
love it, big kid, strong, aggressive, decent shot and has hops

Reaction Score
Samuel has a very high ceiling, and I think he will improve a ton at UConn. Already a big, strong guard, that takes it strong to the hole and can finish or dish it off. He will give defenses a much different look when he comes in. Unselfish player with a great attitude, he's going to make everyone better.

Reaction Score
Sounds like a guy who can contribute next year, though will probably be a career backup.

I think he'll be closer to Austrie (who played ~ 15-25 minutes a game every season, the first PG off the bench and an occasional starter), than to Beverly (who didn't get off the bench his first two years and played <10 minutes a game his last two).

Reaction Score
I think we tend to forget Terrence as we look at who the staff is recruiting. A NYC tough kid who will get better, work hard for playing time and not go away. Solid size, good ball handler who goes to the rim hard. Only difference in him and the supposed top guards may be the finishes at the rim and maybe the crossover........he's just a good basketball player with a little less flash to him but that's not a bad thing at all.. Just play.......

Reaction Score
We tend to write off recruits outside of the espn 100 on here (myself included), but lets not forget bazz and lamb were unranked recruits coming into their freshman year. Samuel could be a nice surprise.

Reaction Score
We tend to write off recruits outside of the espn 100 on here (myself included), but lets not forget bazz and lamb were unranked recruits coming into their freshman year. Samuel could be a nice surprise.

Both Bazz and Lamb were ranked in the 70s, and Bazz's ranking was only so low because he classified late out of his original class, he was going to likely end up as a top 50-60 kid in his '11 class.

Reaction Score
Bazz would have been considered a high level recruit if he didn't leave early. Love TS tho, very high ceiling. him and Giffey are some real great glue guys for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom