Tennessee Postgame thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tennessee Postgame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
People talk about Uconn playing without Paige and Caroline and forget about Aubrey.
Good point but I think most are thinking about our ability to score.

Reaction Score
Nice win, but Tennessee is playing lousy. And to be expected because they really didn’t bring in any players this year. I know their fans had crazy high expectations, but they didn’t really seem realistic because they didn’t add anything to the team through recruiting.

Reaction Score
Azzi announced her arrival today. :D:D

She has shown what she can do in spurts, but Today she was MONEY. Just imagine how this team will play as the season continues and when #5 joins the mix. Opposition Coaches are going to have to have some challenges in their game planning.

GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
Nothing complicated here.
.The girls fought hard and competed in UCONN fashion. They relied on what has been there all season and that defense. The offense production from three was a much needed lift against a team that had a height advantage. Competition from the BIG East teams in the last two games helped prepare the team for this game.

Reaction Score
I did not see the game. But, I watched the live stats. I was amazed that UConn came out to play and stayed ahead all of the game. Remarkable win without Caroline. Disappointed in the lack of production by Dorka and Williams. Fudd came to play and did not stop trying. Nice reward for her effort. Good confidence builder. I liked the way that they played as a team.

Someday, I would like to see a healhy UConn team with Paige, Caroline, and Fudd scoring like monster shooters. Someday.
Dorka played limited minutes, but those minutes were quite meaningful. CW’s shooting was really off today but she still contributed to the team defensive intensity.

Reaction Score
UConn is the last team I would want to see in the NCAA tournament at this rate if I am SC, NC State, Stanford, etc.
Not saying it isn't a battle, but things are coming together and they are starting to get healthier.

Reaction Score
Well, that was impressive. The best performance team- wide this season. Also, their best start-to-finish To date. Finally, UConn looked like a UConn team we’ve come to expect and expected to see.

Before mentioning the obvious stars, Nelson-Ododa didn’t post eye-popping stats, but she essentially ghosted Tamari Key and was Rae Burrell‘s nemesis throughout.

Evina Westbrook was engaged. Any chance her motivation was spurred playing Tennessee?

Aaliyah Edwards had to happy with her performance today. UConn fans certainly were. It seemed she and the rest of the team, after the first few minutes, played relaxed, with a serene confidence.

If you watched the game, nothing much needs to be stated about Azzi Fudd. What stands out most, beyond her incredible stroke, is she is so fundamentally sound. The more she plays, she displays why she was the number one recruit in the country.

Moving forward, if UConn can avoid any more adversity, they should continue to excel. Team defense has tightened up. Count on Nika Muhl for at least one strip of the opponent’s point guard per game. Each game, Azzi is getting more comfortable, looking for shot. Add in Ducharme and hopefully a healthy Bueckers, UConn has a plethora of offensive weapons, size underneath, resilience built on the backs of injuries, and they become a nightmare for opposing teams to gameplan for.

I am reluctant to get too excited, but is it wrong to be optimisti after today’s performance. I’d like to play Oregon again, right now

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
As a SC fan who doesn’t have a heavy rooting interest for either team, UConn looked GREAT. Wow.
Conan Obrien This Is Unacceptable GIF by Team Coco

If you are a real SC fan you are required to root against TN at all times. As a UCONN WBB fan I root for SC twice a year - occasionally three.

Reaction Score
There probably won’t be many negative posts today but hey. Azzi missed a free throw and two 3 pointers. Barely 78% from 3. Come on! I thought she was supposed to be good. While Christyn didn’t score much today when she did it got them going. Nika making her 3’s was special. Aaliya with her best game of the season and E made her presence known as well. Has to be the game where the most players had their game on track at the same time.

Reaction Score
Nice win, but Tennessee is playing lousy. And to be expected because they really didn’t bring in any players this year. I know their fans had crazy high expectations, but they didn’t really seem realistic because they didn’t add anything to the team through recruiting.

Weren't they a 4th ranked team just 10 days ago and a pick by Creme to be a #1 seed?

MdStang

Greetings From Geezerville
Reaction Score
Yet somehow the Vols are in second place in the SEC and have won 19 games. Can't we just celebrate a great win against a tough OOC opponent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom