Tennessee Postgame thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tennessee Postgame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I did not see the game. But, I watched the live stats. I was amazed that UConn came out to play and stayed ahead all of the game. Remarkable win without Caroline. Disappointed in the lack of production by Dorka and Williams. Fudd came to play and did not stop trying. Nice reward for her effort. Good confidence builder. I liked the way that they played as a team.

Someday, I would like to see a healhy UConn team with Paige, Caroline, and Fudd scoring like monster shooters. Someday.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
A great game overall. Tenn looked over-matched. They did not give up. Jordan Houston is a baller. Other than her, few of their players were effective. Our defense was tight throughout the game. Looking forward to our team playing in Bridgeport as a 2 seed. Very important win. Go UCONN!
If it wasn't for Horston, it would have been a 30-40 point blowout.

Reaction Score
I can not believe it !!!
Great girls ... It was Uconn vs Horston
the rest of Tenn didn't land (more or less).
Azzi play great, and also E, AE, Nika ... I think ONO and Dorka got into a fight under the basket with Tenn's highs.
Great step up of Azzi ... good girl , and that's just the beginning, also without Paige and Caroline.
Forza Uconn ( i wait to see the game tomorrow )
Ciao

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Tennessee got slapped around despite UCONN playing without Paige and Ducharme. The wheels seem to be coming off for Tennessee right now.
This was a convincing win!! We pretty much maintained the lead we had going into the 4th quarter.

Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the TN game:
  • Whatever problems have plagued UConn this season, there is absolutely nothing that doesn’t feel a whole lot better with a HUGE win over Tennessee today!!! What a tremendous TEAM effort. UConn now has a very real opportunity to secure a 2-seed and a spot in the Bridgeport Region if they run the table in the BE.
  • The decision to start Azzi was made with the intention of providing more offensive punch in Caroline’s absence. UConn ran a lot of actions for Azzi all game long and she hit some monster shots today, looking every bit like the #1 recruit in the nation.
  • The sequence in the first half during which UConn had like 8? offensive rebounds in a row before Azzi knocked down a 3 was all about tremendous effort, hustle, and gave me the distinct feeling that UConn was not going to be denied today.
  • Welcome back Aaliyah Edwards!!!
  • Evina once again stepped up against her former team with a SOLID GAME that was yet another reminder to LV fans of how good a player they had in Knoxville.
  • I felt pretty good after the 1st half. UConn was up 7, hadn’t executed particularly well on offense, but the defense against TN was absolutely suffocating. UConn’s 23-11 edge in the 3rd quarter pretty much put the game out of reach for TN.
  • For a program that prides itself on consistency, it is difficult to comprehend that, 19 games into this season, UConn rolled out their 7th different starting lineup today. I will say once again, WHAT DOESN’T KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGER!
As always excellent.
This game was reminiscent of Uconn WCBB teams of old. Struggling then at half time Geno made his magic. Then they came out and whooped up on the opponents.
I'm thrilled with this TEAM win. The whole team participated. And a child shall lead them--ok 2, Caroline (sitting) and Fudd in this game. Sorry, Caroline is my player of the year-she made up for the loss of Paige. Fudd, Paige, Caroline, Dorka, Ono, Edwards, Muhl--what a team from this day on.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Really like the rotation of ONO, Dorka and AE today. All three played well and anchored the paint. Everyone will remember Azzi shooting in this game but should also pay attention to Azzi the playmaker. She really made some nice plays by passing the basketball. Evina played a very good game her second in a row and seems to have accepted her 6th man role for this team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A great win, with a ton of positives to take away. Azzi has found her groove, and completely changes this team. 7-9 from 3 is certainly an above average shooting game, but show's she's a huge outside threat. Also really pleased with the play of both Evina and Aaliyah, two players who have endured a hefty slump.
If AE and E play like this and Paige comes back, this is a Final 4 team

Reaction Score
Seemed like more shots rolled in than rolled out tiday

AE with a willnet Crockett game

Horston could make 2nd or 3rd team AA. She carried the team.

Muhl one of her best games 3-4 incl 2-2 on 3, 5/1 A/TO, 1 steal 1 block

Muhl AE Fudd may have had their best games of the year.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Really like to rotation of ONO, Liv and AE today. All three played well and anchored the paint. Everyone will remember Azzi shooting in this game but should also pay attention to Azzi the playmaker. She really made some nice plays by passing the basketball. Evina played a very good game her second in a row and seems to have accepted her 6th man role for this team.
Dorka

Reaction Score
Turned on the game and got the gut punch from hearing that Caroline wasn't playing. I have to admit, at that point I figured "we're doomed." I really can't believe what a tremendous effort they put out. If you had told me Caroline Ducharme was out, CW would go 2 for 11, and Dorka would play only limited minutes, and we would beat TN by almost 20 points, I would have asked for some of what you're smoking.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Turned on the game and got the gut punch from hearing that Caroline wasn't playing. I have to admit, at that point I figured "we're doomed." I really can't believe what a tremendous effort they put out.

I feel bad for Dorka. She obviously wasn't fully healed.
You think she would’ve been happier to be fully healed and lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom