HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Pulling ahead now...

upload_2017-11-20_20-17-17.png

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Watched the second half. The only one who looked liked she had a pulse was A. Hayes.

Reaction Score
Have been watching this game..... TN seems to be playing a wee bit better as a team on offense.... but holy gamoly..... can someone teach them to box out on defense.....

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Any fanbase that thinks a group of freshmen will lead them to the promise land in their first year is delusional. This is a very talented UT team, but they're not FF capable yet. This game was a train wreck, and this team is going to have more similar games this year.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Wichita State is awful. Tennessee so far tonight is a little better than awful. Close game well into the 3rd quarter. People who complain about UConn blowouts should be forced to watch this game.
Better get some toothpicks to prop those eyelids open.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I’ll rather have them now than later.. and plus we won..

We would’ve lost this game last year..
Don't know about that. Tennessee's only losses at home last year were to Baylor and TAMU. It was on the road where Tennessee was often a hot mess.

Reaction Score
Watched in astonishment as Wichita Sate more than hung in there for the first half. When Tennessee finally did get some separation, it was due only to way too many fouls and missed bunnies from the Shockers. My lack of familiarity with their opponent, and the agonizing level of play, caused me to actually question whether Tennessee was still in Division I!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The disappointment for Tenn in this game is that 4 of the 5 starters had to play 40 (Mins Nared), 39, 36, 36 mins. to pull out the game. Russell wasn't even able to get a double double in her 36 minutes, her goal for each game is a Double D. Luckily they were facing a 0-3 team.

It's odd how much hype Tenn gets. With all the cupcakes on their schedule for their first 8 games, they risk diabetes by the time they meet Texas in December.

I do like Andrea Carter calling the game. She's a good one.

Reaction Score
The real key to evaluating the importance of this close a score was that the Shockers field goal percentage was relatively low, so it wasn't like Tenn got them when they were on a hot streak. That's when lesser teams are more apt to pull upsets.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The disappointment for Tenn in this game is that 4 of the 5 starters had to play 40 (Mins Nared), 39, 36, 36 mins. to pull out the game. Russell wasn't even able to get a double double in her 36 minutes, her goal for each game is a Double D. Luckily they were facing a 0-3 team.

It's odd how much hype Tenn gets. With all the cupcakes on their schedule for their first 8 games, they risk diabetes by the time they meet Texas in December.

I do like Andrea Carter calling the game. She's a good one.
It was indeed a sad display of basketball. Worse was this undersized Wichita State team was able to play UT the same way they were played last year: pack inside, slough off the shooters and dare them to beat you outside. They just weren't athletic enough or disciplined enough to stop the UT drives on defense. On offense WSU's poor spacing, impatience and one on one basketball was their undoing. At this time UT is clearly not a #12 team, and their early schedule isn't helping.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Tennessee had a cold shooting night. Nared didn't hit her shots. However Davis had a double double in the game. Her game is smooth she is going to be very good. Westbrook has great court vision and she can really pass. In all three games Tennessee has had 11 steals. Last year Tennessee Only had 2 games with 11 steals.

Reaction Score
And here we go nuts if UConn shoots less than 50%. Makes you appreciate what we have. In 5-7 years when Geno retires we'll be going trough the same that Tennessee is now.

Reaction Score
Probably not. It is hard to find worse coaching. Would still beat the WSU's of the world by the first quarter.
One thing is for sure it won't look this good ever again. Following a legend is the toughest gig in sports.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Come on Tenn fans - no way to put a good spin on that game. Hell, South Dakota played WSU better than Tenn did. Wichita State appears to be the worst team in the American Conference (UCONN's conference), and it was never a very good conference (especially at the bottom) to begin with.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom