Tennessee leads Wichita State at the half ... by 1 point | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tennessee leads Wichita State at the half ... by 1 point

Reaction Score
I can't see Russell making a WNBA team... I just can't... too slow, isn't aggressive enough on defense or offense. Looks like she's moving 1/2 the speed of everyone else on the floor... I can't see Nared making a WNBA team either... She is like Diamond Jr so far this year... Taking everything by herself lol.... no teamwork on this team... only show boating... TN hasn't changed much... Just different faces...

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I actually feel bad for TN fans. Every year they are fed some nonsense about how things have changed in Knoxville and this is the year that the Vols roar back into relevance in WBB. So last year the problem was DD and/or Cooper.

The problem in Knoxville is the same problem they’ve had since Pat stepped down; HW. She’s not capable of developing the top talent that continues to arrive at TN. Until the administration makes a change, TN will continue to underachieve.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
It's still very early in the season. Tennessee has two freshman starting. How far can this team go? I think it will depend on if there are any serious injuries, the seed in NCAA tournament, then what other teams are in the region.

Reaction Score
Wichita State is awful. Tennessee so far tonight is a little better than awful. Close game well into the 3rd quarter. People who complain about UConn blowouts should be forced to watch this game.

f477e59bbf38a58cd05c7ae37644dbbe203357d068f496d69c467d1ec39a2926.jpg

Reaction Score
Stwainfan, why in your opinion did the starters get so many minutes against Wichita with the holiday tournament coming up this week. Smh...

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Stwainfan, why in your opinion did the starters get so many minutes against Wichita with the holiday tournament coming up this week. Smh...
Holly was asked that in presser. She said I like the way they were playing. Referring to four starters.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the presser reference. However, will Holly like their play in game 2/3 of the tournament?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Holly was asked that in presser. She said I like the way they were playing. Referring to four starters.
Seems she's one of few. If she liked that she's gonna just love them against Marquette.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Seems she's one of few. If she liked that she's gonna just love them against Marquette.
The Marquette game will be interesting. Marquette's glaring weakness (again) is size in the post. The 6'3" center for New Mexico, Jaisa Nunn, torched them for 39. Russell could do the same. Marquette's quick guards can be a handful, but Tennessee has better athleticism on the perimeter than they did last year.

Reaction Score
One thing is for sure it won't look this good ever again. Following a legend is the toughest gig in sports.
Who to you think will fill in as head coach? When Geno goes, so does CD and vice versa. Does Shea or Marisa take over? Do we pick up a veteran coach? Cardosa/Elliot?
How about a young legend?Bird/Lobo?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The Marquette game will be interesting. Marquette's glaring weakness (again) is size in the post. The 6'3" center for New Mexico, Jaisa Nunn, torched them for 39. Russell could do the same. Marquette's quick guards can be a handful, but Tennessee has better athleticism on the perimeter than they did last year.
Neverthess this is the same marginally conditoned Russell whose poor footwork, lack of speed, and iffy ability arond the rim have plagued her throughout her college career. If she, a senior, couldn't take advantage against an undersized WSU, what changes here? The guards are still too young and inexperienced to to get Russell timely entry passes which she must have, because of her poor footwork. Add her lack of physicality, UT's poor shooting from the perimeter and an even better 2/3 by Marquette and you have a perfect storm for a 10 point loss.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I like these freshman. 36 points in this game came from Westbrook, Davis, and Hayes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom