Te'a Cooper Verbal | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Te'a Cooper Verbal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wish Te'a Cooper all the best. I will not be surprised if her college carrer is compared favorably with the legendary Elvin Hayes' career in future.

In my crystal ball, I can see her next April talking to DD on the phone while watching MoJ and the Huskies on TV lifting the championship trophy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Holly is 55. If you're not a good head coach by that age, you likely never will be. She's a lifelong assistant coach for a reason. Maybe she'll coach until she's 70 and put together a solid decade, but it will be hard to gauge how much of the team's success is due to her versus pure stockpiling of talented players thanks to the Tennessee WCBB brand. No matter who the coach is, as long as they are halfway competent, Tennessee will pull in top talent for at least the next 5-10 years. After that though, you start getting to the point where recruits are too young to remember Tennessee being "a winner." For example, in the next 10 years if Tennessee doesn't win at least one title, Tennessee's last title will have come before the class of 2026 recruits were even alive, let alone old enough to remember Tennessee being a relevant program.
TN has not won a title since 2008 but the Lady Vols are winners and are still "relevant." they were a 1 seed, won the SEC tourney, and still have the most fans in the nation. i, more than anyone, want the FF drought to end, but let's not overstate the situation. top recruits are still going to TN b/c Holly is doing well transitioning from the Pat years and there is stability. yes, she needs to find her own identity. even so, TN is not going anywhere and that is a good thing for WCBB.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
First of all if grammar were a problem I would have been killed over the years because Im to lazy. Second Durr is a UConn lean and always has been. Third read the Tenn boards and even some of their fans say Durr is all UConn. With that said she could change her mind. Fourth Even if Tenn get DeShields and I think they do and they get Durr and I dont think they do Tenn still cant beat UConn. With them Tenn may make the FF maybe even the NC game.

Geno has UConn mentally and physically, and at a level that no team in WCBB has ever been. They are drilled harder on what they need to do so it is reflexive. Being reflexive and knowing what to do breeds confidence. Being able to repeat it in a game breeds confidence and thats why UConn looks like a well oiled machine. Geno is years a head of his competition in that and yes thats why some top players want to play for him. They want to become someone special and they want to be part of what he has built The biggest difference between Geno and everybody else is he promises nothing, and his firm in his beliefs. Again his best recruiters are those who have played for him and thats because of what theyve become and what theyve accomplished. Girls coming up now have grown up with UConn.

This years version of the UConn Huskys has some questions. The freshman class needs to prove itself. Morgan and Williams need to get healthy. Morgan Tuck is a must if UConn is going to continue to add to its 46 game win streak and another NC.

You continue to read my posts and I believe that UConn is unbeatable. They could lose which IMO would be a fluke but I do believe they are unbeatable. I believe that because they continue to maintain an experienced nucleus of players who are all on the same page and play as a team. Other teams havent reached that point yet. Thats why Im so excited about Butler. She has terrific numbers and she has experience. Now she needs to learn the UConn Way.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
TN has not won a title since 2008 but the Lady Vols are winners and are still "relevant." they were a 1 seed, won the SEC tourney, and still have the most fans in the nation. i, more than anyone, want the FF drought to end, but let's not overstate the situation. top recruits are still going to TN b/c Holly is doing well transitioning from the Pat years and there is stability. yes, she needs to find her own identity. even so, TN is not going anywhere and that is a good thing for WCBB.
I agree Tenn has lost ground. However Cooper and DeShields will get LV fans excited and dreaming again. Those dreams will fall apart with one loss. Talent does not win championships, it must be a team effort and a total commitment from everyone involved with the team.

Reaction Score
Mark my words....Tenn wins the NC next year...that's what I see in my crystal ball. Even though Holly sometimes seemed pizzled last year in interviews, one thing I did like was her ability to identify the teams weaknesses. She may have been a long time assistant but Holly seems quite intelligent and I just can't see her not fixing problems we had last year. The offense has actually gotten better under Holly's helm. Tenn will always remain relevant in women's college basketball. The brand AND Holly will continue to bring in top recruits cause people want to see the once giant of womesn college basketball rise again....and then there's UCONN, the cream of the crop with one of the greatest coaches alive, man or woman IMO...still pulling in top talent as well. Its all great for WCB and if Holly keeps ephasizing what Pat did, defense and rebounding as well as continue to get out offense better, we'll be at the top. I think its just time for us to all come together and love each other people. For the good of WCB! :rolleyes:;)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
First of all if grammar were a problem I would have been killed over the years because Im to lazy.

Tell me that was tongue in cheek!

intlzncster

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="AnotherVolFan, post: 983688, member: 4384"]Mark my words....Tenn wins the NC next year...that's what I see in my crystal ball. Even though Holly sometimes seemed pizzled last year in interviews, one thing I did like was her ability to identify the teams weaknesses. She may have been a long time assistant but Holly seems quite intelligent and I just can't see her not fixing problems we had last year. The offense has actually gotten better under Holly's helm. Tenn will always remain relevant in women's college basketball. The brand AND Holly will continue to bring in top recruits cause people want to see the once giant of womesn college basketball rise again....and then there's UCONN, the cream of the crop with one of the greatest coaches alive, man or woman IMO...still pulling in top talent as well. Its all great for WCB and if Holly keeps ephasizing what Pat did, defense and rebounding as well as continue to get out offense better, we'll be at the top. I think its just time for us to all come together and love each other people. For the good of WCB! :rolleyes:;)[/QUOTE]

Ok, you're kidding right? I don't see UCONN losing a NC while Breanna Stewart is enrolled. Barring injury, she's the first superstar 4-peat champ.

Reaction Score
Mark my words....Tenn wins the NC next year...that's what I see in my crystal ball. Even though Holly sometimes seemed pizzled last year in interviews, one thing I did like was her ability to identify the teams weaknesses. She may have been a long time assistant but Holly seems quite intelligent and I just can't see her not fixing problems we had last year. The offense has actually gotten better under Holly's helm. Tenn will always remain relevant in women's college basketball. The brand AND Holly will continue to bring in top recruits cause people want to see the once giant of womesn college basketball rise again....and then there's UCONN, the cream of the crop with one of the greatest coaches alive, man or woman IMO...still pulling in top talent as well. Its all great for WCB and if Holly keeps ephasizing what Pat did, defense and rebounding as well as continue to get out offense better, we'll be at the top. I think its just time for us to all come together and love each other people. For the good of WCB! :rolleyes:;)
Good luck to you guys. Your team certainly has the talent to do some great things in the coming years. Yes, some parity and sharing of the wealth is good for the game, though I'd be a liar if I didn't admit that I selfishly hope UConn continues to be the dominant program for many years to come.

Reaction Score
Naw Naw...I'm not kidding, although I do agree Stewart is remarkable...I just don't see a 4-peater! I thought that about BG but she only ended with one! I think she's one of the best UCONN has ever seen...I know that much!

Reaction Score
AVF - I admire your optimism. I wish you best of luck. I like Holly.... she seems like she has a great work ethic.... and of course has synergy with her staff, especially Dean her compatriot of many years...... I am still not convinced that she has a full handle on what her team needs..... It still baffles me the way in which she employed Meighan S..... I think the LVs will better off with a playmaker back there at the guard spot.....

JMHO, she needs to modernize the offense..... and get more of a conjoined effort as a team..... and utilize her resources in a team concept sort of way.....

UT will be relevant for quite a while..... and your points are well taken..... it would be nice to play each other, if only in the tournament.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Naw Naw...I'm not kidding, although I do agree Stewart is remarkable...I just don't see a 4-peater! I thought that about BG but she only ended with one! I think she's one of the best UCONN has ever seen...I know that much!

BG didn't have the coach or the system. If BG goes to UCONN, she very well might have taken the 4peat crown.

Reaction Score
Ok, you're kidding right? I don't see UCONN losing a NC while Breanna Stewart is enrolled. Barring injury, she's the first superstar 4-peat champ.
Let's not forget there are four others on the court with Stewie. Bre is in the unique position of having played the first half of her college career with some really great players, and will have the benefit of having her second half shared with even better teammates. Taurasi and Moore did not have such a luxury in my opinion with regards to the embarrassment of riches that is UConn recruiting these days. While 4 is possible, you'd have to bet against such an extreme outcome if you were playing the statistics. If I had to pick, I'd say UConn DOESN'T win the title in this upcoming season (please don't throw things at me!), but Stewie and Mo go out champs in their senior seasons.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
They were over seeded.

Reaction Score
AVF - I admire your optimism. I wish you best of luck. I like Holly.... she seems like she has a great work ethic.... and of course has synergy with her staff, especially Dean her compatriot of many years. I am still not convinced that she has a full handle on what her team needs..... It still baffles me the way in which she employed Meighan S..... I think the LVs will better off with a playmaker back there at the guard spot.....

JMHO, she needs to modernize the offense..... and get more of a conjoined effort as a team..... and utilize her resources in a team concept sort of way.....

UT will be relevant for quite a while..... and your points are well taken..... it would be nice to play each other, if only in the tournament.
Yea that MS situation baffled me as well but I will admit, when our standard "stand around" offense was enployed Meighan was the only playmaker whe had to try and make a play....a healthy Jannah Tucker or Nared next year willsolve that problem. And I agree 10000% about the offense needing to emphasize ball movement...sometimes we looked great passing the ball at other times it was stand still ball!

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Let's not forget there are four others on the court with Stewie. Bre is in the unique position of having played the first half of her college career with some really great players, and will have the benefit of having her second half shared with even better teammates. Taurasi and Moore did not have such a luxury in my opinion with regards to the embarrassment of riches that is UConn recruiting these days. While 4 is possible, you'd have to bet against such an extreme outcome if you were playing the statistics. If I had to pick, I'd say UConn DOESN'T win the title in this upcoming season (please don't throw things at me!), but Stewie and Mo go out champs in their senior seasons.

Oh, you won't get arguments from me on Stewey/DT/MM thing. I'm firmly ensconced in DT's camp.

As to next year, what team can realistically match up to them? I see a similar (slightly less) gulf next year between UCONN and the field as there was this year. Only injury to significant players will stop them. I won't be the least bit surprised if they are undefeated next year.

JS

Reaction Score
the Lady Vols are winners and are still "relevant." they were a 1 seed, won the SEC tourney, and still have the most fans in the nation.
If by most fans in the nation you mean biggest in-person attendance at games (led by the team's lofty home attendance numbers) you're right.

If you're talking fans who follow their favorite team on television as well as in person, apples-to-apples numbers might be elusive, but it's more than dubious that TN leads UConn.

Albeit a sore point for TN fans, one must recognize that millions of viewers have watched and rooted for UConn in Final Four and National Championship games in recent years. TN hasn't been an entry there.

And that's before you get to fans who follow the team through the regular season and other post-season SNY, ESPN, and broadcast network shows, online streaming and print media coverage that make for UConn's preeminent media exposure.

In short, there's every reason to believe UConn's overall fan population (its in-person game attendance both home and away is also outstanding by the way) is second to none.

So I think "most fans in the nation" had best be corrected to "most fannies in seats." Not a bad thing at all, but not as lofty an assertion, and, for better or worse, probably not where the growth in public attention to the women's game will occur.

Reaction Score
Important distinction Nan.... and good point..... nobody will question UT fervor and a very good atmosphere at TBA. But at UC we do not take a back seat to anyone..... uh no pun intended...... I will exemplify this assertion later on in the summer when I trek to Istanbul to cheer coach and players alike......

Reaction Score
IMO...Tenn is still the cream of the crop in fan support NATIONWIDE, despite not being in a FF or NC game in 6 years...I'm sure people all over the country love UCONN as well but come on..Tenn is America's team lol...like DD said "Theyre the gold bearer of WCB"...but hasn't went to a FF in 6 years :cool:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
IMO...Tenn is still the cream of the crop in fan support NATIONWIDE, despite not being in a FF or NC game in 6 years...I'm sure people all over the country love UCONN as well but come on..Tenn is America's team lol...like DD said "Theyre the gold bearer of WCB"...but hasn't went to a FF in 6 years :cool:
A very silly opinion.

Reaction Score
LOL, HAHAHHA you are a funny one AVF.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Mark my words....Tenn wins the NC next year...that's what I see in my crystal ball.
They got to get to a FF first. If they can do that next year, that would be a big jump for them. I doubt they can jump all the way to a NC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom