taylor Mack | The Boneyard

taylor Mack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good special teams player, but he's getting beat in coverage, twice so far, and he has a penalty that was waved off too. I don't like him out there in man to man coverage without help.

Reaction Score
Good special teams player, but he's getting beat in coverage, twice so far, and he has a penalty that was waved off too. I don't like him out there in man to man coverage without help.
I noticed that too. Clearly nothing to say about the bomb he got beaten on, but the other play he was beat on-that just happens sometimes....with that throw and leaping catch, NO ONE could cover that.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I noticed that too. Clearly nothing to say about the bomb he got beaten on, but the other play he was beat on-that just happens sometimes....with that throw and leaping catch, NO ONE could cover that.

He is undersized but not playing dumb. Just being physically overmatched on that one play.

Reaction Score
Next year our CB's are going to be 5'8 and 5'9 Idk bout this!
Agreed. I haven't seen anything that makes me doubt our younger CB's for next year, but I think there is no way around the fact that we will notice how lucky we've had it with experienced, big, tough, talented CB's on both sides. That allows the D to play more aggresively upfront so it definitely has a "domino effect" when you have good CB's like we do.

Reaction Score
For the love of god people Taylor deserves ZERO blame for this disaster today. 200 percent on the offensive "coaching".

Reaction Score
and btw there are plenty of good I-A defenses with short corners/DBs. Jesus

Reaction Score
and btw there are plenty of good I-A defenses with short corners/DBs. Jesus

Let us know any starting CB's that average 5'8-5'9 with a great D in NCAA FBS 1-A

Reaction Score
For the love of god people Taylor deserves ZERO blame for this disaster today. 200 percent on the offensive "coaching".
And by the way no one said he was the blame, but the truth was stated he got outplayed because of his height... Smh!

Reaction Score
Not going to get into a pissing match over this but of 6 Pro Bowl corners last year only 1 (champ bailey) is 6 feet. Revis is 5-11. Antoine Winfield is 5-9. To try to condense this loss into Taylor Mack being too small is beyond ludicrous.

Reaction Score
Not going to get into a pissing match over this but of 6 Pro Bowl corners last year only 1 (champ bailey) is 6 feet. Revis is 5-11. Antoine Winfield is 5-9. To try to condense this loss into Taylor Mack being too small is beyond ludicrous.

Again give us a team in the FBS 1-A who has starting CB's that average 5'8-5'9 with great defense!

AND AGAIN NO ONE IS BLAMING THE LOST ON MACK! THAT TOUCHDOWN BY N.C. STATE WAS ON MACK AND ON SOME OTHER PLAYS HE GOT OUT MATCHED BECAUSE AGAIN HE'S SMALL

Reaction Score
AND AGAIN NO ONE IS BLAMING THE LOST ON MACK! THAT TOUCHDOWN BY N.C. STATE WAS ON MACK AND ON SOME OTHER PLAYS HE GOT OUT MATCHED BECAUSE AGAIN HE'S SMALL=[/quote said:

I agree, no one is blaming the loss on Mack, he's a good player. However, the td pass he gave up was bad, it seemed like a mental lapse, cause trevardo was on Glennon is less than 3 seconds, Mack was looking into the backfield and let the receiver run right by him. It wasn't like he had to cover the guy for a long time. He just made a big mistake in a game where the defense didn't have any room for error. happens

Reaction Score
Again give us a team in the FBS 1-A who has starting CB's that average 5'8-5'9 with great defense!

AND AGAIN NO ONE IS BLAMING THE LOST ON MACK! THAT TOUCHDOWN BY N.C. STATE WAS ON MACK AND ON SOME OTHER PLAYS HE GOT OUT MATCHED BECAUSE AGAIN HE'S SMALL

Has nothing to do with him being small.

Reaction Score
Has nothing to do with him being small.

Palmer is what I think is a 6'3-6'4 WR and you have Mack 5'8 on him one on one and you say it has nothing to do with him being small? Idk man I think it does!

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Let us know any starting CB's that average 5'8-5'9 with a great D in NCAA FBS 1-A

Tyrann Mathieu does pretty well (when he's not high).

Cortland Finnegan is a good player.

Mack is not a problem. Getting burnt is something that happens even to All-Pros.

Reaction Score
Palmer is what I think is a 6'3-6'4 WR and you have Mack 5'8 on him one on one and you say it has nothing to do with him being small? Idk man I think it does!

It has to do with him having bad technique on a couple plays.

Reaction Score
Tyrann Mathieu does pretty well (when he's not high).

Cortland Finnegan is a good player.

Mack is not a problem. Getting burnt is something that happens even to All-Pros.

Well Tyrann Mathieu is not your 1 on 1 CB he plays NICKEL... Smh! Sheez!!! Did ya'll look at the draft when they were talking about his game??? Mathieu stinks on covering 1 on 1, he's a play maker at the nickel position where a lot of the little DB's are used..... Oh and another thing let's not compare Mack to Mathieu two different talents!

Reaction Score

Nah. I pushed for Mack to play since Brown took over the D. But he came on for Blidi in a key spot in a low scoring defensive struggle and the one thing you can't do is an Elvis Patterson imitation. (you yunguns will have to look that up.)

Deleone's ineptitute doesn't excuse Mack getting beat there.

Reaction Score
Yes, BL, Mack was "toast" on that one play. But TM is not the reason we lost. Too bad we don't have a quick-thinking OC who can adjust to that once-in-a-game situation

Reaction Score
Yes, BL, Mack was "toast" on that one play. But TM is not the reason we lost. Too bad we don't have a quick-thinking OC who can adjust to that once-in-a-game situation

I'm sorry ruskin, but no one here is saying Mack caused us the game... He did give up 7 points though just saying!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Mack is brutal at corner, but the NCSU TD was a ridiculous throw. Like a golfer playing the wind, Glennon made one ridiculous throw - that was all it took today.

Reaction Score
Mack is brutal at corner, but the NCSU TD was a ridiculous throw. Like a golfer playing the wind, Glennon made one ridiculous throw - that was all it took today.

Brutal as in how... good or bad?

Reaction Score
If we can agree that the horrendous play calling was far more damaging to our chances of winning than Mack getting burned one time I can accept that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom