T-Sam's shot | Page 2 | The Boneyard

T-Sam's shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I really liked what I saw out of PN tonight and I wish he'd gotten more time in the game. Brimah wasn't terrible, but he didn't have quite as dominating of a presence as he usually does.

Reaction Score
Tsam shot needs a lot of work and his handle is shaky he scares me at times. I say our second best guard well let's just say we can't wait till he gets here next year. #jalenadams

Reaction Score
ace you can't possibly be blaming this loss on T-Sam. He was one of the few that played with any heart and determination. Facey was another positive that deserves more touches in the post. This game was lost in the first 8 minutes with Boatright not being able to break the press and Purvis blowing an easy dunk while also hurting his hand. Together those two things deflated the entire team.
Amazing how someone can watch the game and come to these conclusions. Purvis didn't hurt his hand, seriously did you watch the game wearing a blindfold?

Reaction Score
big fishy's j is very on target

jr shot at shtpola clg in floridas

check stats before handing accolades, do yo job, do what yo hear for

dis husky clubz a contingent of cement dudes, it not changing, i hope they have their union cards by now

Reaction Score
I agree tsam does at times look like he cant dribble. Those numbers on Cassell last year are a bit worrisome. we need him to shoot 37 percent plus.

H

huskymagic

Amazing how someone can watch the game and come to these conclusions. Purvis didn't hurt his hand, seriously did you watch the game wearing a blindfold?

is that really a great concern for you john whether he hurt his hand or ankle. Personally, I don't think he really hurt himself it was just a way to save face with missing a wide open dunk/layup. There is always someone quick to give Purvis a pass be it rust or injury. He needs to flat out play better for a junior who is projected as a first round pick in the 2016 NBA Mock draft on nbadraft.net.

Everything else I wrote John about the game being lost when Boatright couldn't beat the press and got visibly rattled and Purvis missing an easy dunk really did deflate the entire team which was pretty clear. Juwan Staten hitting every key bucket and outplaying Boatright didn't help either.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
is that really a great concern for you john whether he hurt his hand or ankle. Personally, I don't think he really hurt himself it was just a way to save face with missing a wide open dunk/layup. There is always someone quick to give Purvis a pass be it rust or injury. He needs to flat out play better for a junior who is projected as a first round pick in the 2016 NBA Mock draft on nbadraft.net.

LOL. To quote Jim Calhoun... 'You're not really that stupid, are you?'

You really think Purvis faked an ankle injury and went to the locker room multiple times and missed valuable minutes when he's been dying to play after sitting out... just to save face for a missed dunk?! If so, you're legitimately insane.

By the way, you're wrong again... he's a sophomore, not a junior. And he's coming off of hip surgery last year. No one cares about NBA draft projections here.

My best advice to you... 'Shut up'

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Everything else I wrote John about the game being lost when Boatright couldn't beat the press and got visibly rattled and Purvis missing an easy dunk really did deflate the entire team which was pretty clear. Juwan Staten hitting every key bucket and outplaying Boatright didn't help either.
You're not helping yourself here. Please tell me you're like twelve years old.

H

huskymagic

You're not helping yourself here. Please tell me you're like twelve years old.

There is always someone quick to give Purvis a pass be it rust or injury. My point is he needs to play much better to justify starter minutes. Good coaches are always hardest on their most talented players and so should the fan base. Expectations are higher for a Purvis which is why he is being criticized it's normal and as fans we have a right to say what we are seeing.

Reaction Score
There is always someone quick to give Purvis a pass be it rust or injury. My point is he needs to play much better to justify starter minutes. Good coaches are always hardest on their most talented players and so should the fan base. Expectations are higher for a Purvis which is why he is being criticized it's normal and as fans we have a right to say what we are seeing.

He obviously needs to play better; there's not a person here who thinks he's playing to his potential. But insinuating that he was faking an injury to make up for a missed dunk is an absolutely asinine statement and,no offense, one of the dumbest things I've ever read on what is a message board full of dumb things; many of them emanating from my own mouth. Purvis is three games into his UConn career after sitting out a full year; maybe he needs a bit more time before we write him off? It seems from your posts that you are 7 years old, but do you remember AJ Price's first year? Did you write him off, too?

Reaction Score
huskymagic said:

And we as fans have a right to point out that our fellow fans aren't seeing straight.

We were down 24-22 with 8 minutes left in the half when it slipped away a bit - that's not because the whole team was rattled from a missed dunk a half hour ago.

Reaction Score
No - he's a gunner.

He's taken 24 shots this year and 18 have been threes. That lines up with what he did last year, although his percentage thus far is pretty dreadful.
like Father like Son. Sr wouldn't hesitate to put one up when Ray was in his prime.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Someone is always cutting Purvis slack?? He's played 2 and a half games. Scored 19 points in one of them. There is no always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom