SYR-DUKE - rekindles conference Frustration | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SYR-DUKE - rekindles conference Frustration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Its not just that he issued a denial, the original sources were so worthless that there is little to no reason to doubt him

Reaction Score
The BE conference was UConn and no one else until Vivian Stringer came to Rutgers. Women's bb powers were in the SEC, Stanford, Penn State., Virginia and La Tech until Geno turned the program around. His success brought excitement to the league and universities started hiring better coaches. There is no reason it can't happen a second time. Although I'm convinced UConn won't be in the AAC that long.

I'm not jealous at all about UConn's situation. Or fearful for that matter. I see considerable success for UConn in the future both academically and athletically.
I only followed RU WBB sparingly from the late 70s to now but I thought before CVS Theresa Shank Grentz was one of the 1st paid WBB coach's in the nation and they were national players before WBB became "relatively popular" and highlighted Sue Wicks in the early 80s? Telechir Austin and numerous other girls of national prominance back in the day. I know LaTech,ODU and others were bigtime programs back then but did'nt get the attention is has lately(still bad)! I read they fired TSG for getting lazy on the recruiting trail and went right after a top coach(CVS)? The only lapse I remember was the last few yrs after "whatshername" jumped to the Turkish pro league 4 or 5 yrs ago before her Sr yr for financial/family reasons to CVS's chagrin then the fiasco with the tatooed hoes situation chaos and finally they look like their finally getting back on their feet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom