Symbolic Mojo for this season! | The Boneyard

Symbolic Mojo for this season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I would like to suggest this forum come up with an idea for mojo this season. Two years ago prankster came up with the tesiticulo award for a player after each game. It was a hoot, albeit, had to be reigned in. There was nothing last season. I would like to reprise this idea. Deferring to @prankster and @temery I'd like to suggest we offer a player's award after each game and I suggest this year's award be titled "The Spotted Dick award!"

Yes it's a juvenile choice but it fits in the theme previously presented and we all are aware how that turned out. Furthermore, someone started a spotted dick thread just prior to the positively surprising Juwan Durham announcement! That type of association cannot by underplayed.

Do others agree? Any other suggestions?

Reaction Score
I don't think you could have had a worse idea. But I am only one person.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I don't think you could have had a worse idea. But I am only one person.
It now is up to one and a half because half of me agrees with you at least about the specific choice of the spotted dick. It's not that I'm against that specific choice because of the juvenile choice of words. It's because that thread went nowhere!

But I'm still for some award concept! Maybe a pizza or beer award would be better accepted. Are you against considering coming up with an award?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I'm ok, but I doubt it'll last. The second it becomes NSFW, it's over. Sorry, but that's the reality I have to deal with.

Reaction Score
When Mojo appears, it's usually in an unassuming manor, in a post that goes off on some Boneyardish tangent that makes no logical sense but somehow finds a common denominator in all of us and we gravitate to It, that is the Mojo picks us and we ride it as far as it can carry us. May it be to another NCAA title this year.

Go Huskies!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Swing and a miss!

I can't even give you any semblance of credit for the attempt.

Reaction Score
Something happened to me in both 2011 and 2014 that i would classify as good mojo. It's sorta personal and i don't want to share with others. Nothing crazy or medical or perverted. Just my own thing and it's very trivial. I'm hoping it happens again this year, but like stinger suggests, it cannot be manufactured. Nor would i really want to. I'm very superstitious when it comes to the huskies.

That said, the original post is a fine idea.

Reaction Score
When I see threads like this, I am taken back to my employee review last year with my manager. One of his key points for me was "just because you have a thought doesn't mean you have to communicate it with others".
I disagree with your manager. You need to come up with a means to say it without upsetting everyone. No fear.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
When Mojo appears, it's usually in an unassuming manor, in a post that goes off on some Boneyardish tangent that makes no logical sense but somehow finds a common denominator in all of us and we gravitate to It, that is the Mojo picks us and we ride it as far as it can carry us. May it be to another NCAA title this year.

Go Huskies!
Swing and a miss!

I can't even give you any semblance of credit for the attempt.
My suggestion was based on the extreme surprise of the Juwan commitment. It pretty much came out of nowhere and was concurrent with the OT topic I made reference about.

After such consternation over the loss of Stone and others in which pages and pages were dedicated to their recruitment, the recruitment of Durham was almost an after thought. And then badda bing, badda boom, he sets up an official, comes to UConn shortly afterwards and commits shortly after that . We were only on page 6 of his recruiting thread when he made the commitment. The Boneyard members were spared all the angst they've suffered recently with the loss of other recruits It was THE confluence of events, one of which put the recruiting fears to rest for all except one poster that precipitated my suggestion. That the other event has much too much similarity with testiculo for some I won't argue. It can appear to lack creativity. That there isn't enough momentum because not enough people are behind it, so be it. But I'm of the thought that the mojo gods have put this in our laps and we might want to consider it.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Let's not rush into anything. Chill and enjoy the season. If it was meant to be the mojo gods will put something undeniable in front of us during the year.
With regards to positions that I feel a need to continue presenting an arguement, the suggestion I made in this thread is extremely low on that totem pole. I presented my position and felt the need to explain it. It matters not that it is discarded.

Now as far as the heat and humidity where I live in the south, I'm grateful for air conditioning - something I rarely used when living in CT. That's how I prefer to chill out when not at the beach.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
I'd like to nominate our infamous "Chief thread" and bump it every victory, it doesn't get any better than that debauchery
Angry-Indian.jpg

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
How about the South Tampa Bill Award after each game for the player who displayed the most toughness in the game? Granted, it's an impossible name for any mortal to live up to, but it should inspire the players to new heights.

Reaction Score
I think the general rule for Mojo (Winning and Senhor being the last two, and "Mojo" takes a capital, please) can be summed up as follows, with a nod to the "can't be manufactured, it just happens" description.

You don't choose the Mojo - the Mojo chooses you.

Reaction Score
Looking for images of spotted dick and found a image that I also found searching for window clings ...it's a meme called dickbutt also called dogebutt ....but he's a cute lil mascot who has morphed into a husky dogebutt
bbB1L3a
http://m.imgur.com/bbB1L3a

Reaction Score
Looking for images of spotted dick and found a image that I also found searching for window clings ...it's a meme called dickbutt also called dogebutt ....but he's a cute lil mascot who has morphed into a husky dogebutt
bbB1L3a
http://m.imgur.com/bbB1L3a

with all the flak from advertisers that Temrey got for Sehor, my guess is that spotted d*ck will not be the Mojo this year

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I'm ok, but I doubt it'll last. The second it becomes NSFW, it's over. Sorry, but that's the reality I have to deal with.
I'm still blocked from having an avatar since you shut me down for posting a pic of a guy with scrotal elephantitus in support of the Testiculo mojo. That reminds me, any way you can reverse that now?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I'm still blocked from having an avatar since you shut me down for posting a pic of a guy with scrotal elephantitus in support of the Testiculo mojo. That reminds me, any way you can reverse that now?

All set

Reaction Score
I would like to suggest this forum come up with an idea for mojo this season. Two years ago prankster came up with the tesiticulo award for a player after each game. It was a hoot, albeit, had to be reigned in. There was nothing last season. I would like to reprise this idea. Deferring to @prankster and @temery I'd like to suggest we offer a player's award after each game and I suggest this year's award be titled "The Spotted Dick award!"

Yes it's a juvenile choice but it fits in the theme previously presented and we all are aware how that turned out. Furthermore, someone started a spotted dick thread just prior to the positively surprising Juwan Durham announcement! That type of association cannot by underplayed.

Do others agree? Any other suggestions?

The original theme was "winning" taken from madman Charlie Sheen. It's not the balls. That's your fixation.

Perhaps your handle should be freudslipcon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom