Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Johnson

Thx. Have reason why my subconscious decided to sub in the former Bahamian-American Bballer and father of Klay, but it did. And I can see Ms. Johnson getting some play time, too!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Stanford makes you nervous? How? They only won that game because SDSU choked and the officiating was a little home cooked if you ask me. Lili Thompson was hardly touched on that 3 point play and Macy Miller may have gotten her shot blocked, but the body contact would have drawn a foul in every moment of the game except that one. ND will beat Stanford by 20+

I watched that game, and agree with your takes. Maybe lightning will strike twice and Stanford gets lucky, along with a little help from the refs. Maybe if the planets align and the Cardinal get their mojo working..........poof! Stranger things have happened. Stanford has pulled rabbits out of a hat before. Remember November of last year? It can happen.

Just because Stanford almost laid an egg last week, does not mean they are poised to do it again. Tara Vanderveer will make the necessary adjustments. Like Geno, this is not her first rodeo. She's been to a few post season tournaments before. She knows what's coming, and what she needs to do to have her team ready to play. How well they play remains to be seen.

I'm not saying that Stanford will win, but I'll sure be pulling for them. I don't think there are too many BY'ers that wouldn't mind seeing ND stumble and fall, and have to leave the dance a little early. THAT would be the upset of the entire tournament, but I really don't expect that to happen.

I intend to watch that game. I want to see how Notre Dame's sophomore post, Brianna Turner fares against Stanford's bigs. She's been getting practically whatever she wants underneath so far. I want to see how she does against seasoned post players that are as big (6'3" Jr. Kailee Johnson) or bigger (6'5" Sr. Tess Picknell) than her. She's been rolling a lot of 7's on her come rolls lately. I want to see if it continues.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I watched that game, and agree with your takes. Maybe lightning will strike twice and Stanford gets lucky, along with a little help from the refs. Maybe if the planets align and the Cardinal get their mojo working.....poof! Stranger things have happened. Stanford has pulled rabbits out of a hat before. Remember November of last year? It can happen.

Just because Stanford almost laid an egg last week, does not mean they are poised to do it again. Tara Vanderveer will make the necessary adjustments. Like Geno, this is not her first rodeo. She's been to a few post season tournaments before. She knows what's coming, and what she needs to do to have her team ready to play. How well they play remains to be seen.

I'm not saying that Stanford will win, but I'll sure be pulling for them. I don't think there are too many BY'ers that wouldn't mind seeing ND stumble and fall, and have to leave the dance a little early. :rolleyes:

I intend to watch that game. I want to see how Notre Dame's sophomore post, Brianna Turner fares against Stanford's bigs. She's been getting practically whatever she wants underneath so far. I want to see how she does against seasoned post players that are as big (6'3" Jr. Kailee Johnson) or bigger (6'5" Sr. Tess Picknell) than her.

I don't agree with the assessment that the officiating was bad in the Stanford-SDSU game. The defender clearly contacted Lili Thompson's shooting arm as she went up to shoot. That's a foul. Just because she didn't hack or swipe down on the arm doesn't mean it wasn't a foul. And the block on Macy Miller's final attempt was clean. None of the SDSU players or coaches complained at all about the no-call.

Turner may not be taller than Stanford's bigs, but I'm willing to bet her arms are longer and she is certainly more athletic. Also, Notre Dame just has more quality and depth at the guard position, between Allen, Cable, the Mabreys, and Ogunbowale. Their offense and passing is just miles ahead of Stanford's, and I don't see Stanford's defense as being stellar enough to compensate for that.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Kelsey Mitchell will likely run circles around the Tenn defenders and just maybe Tenn has run into a team that will play zone, if that's the case it's lights out for Tenn

Bingo.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The upset I'd like most to see is Stanford over ND..for obvious reasons. :rolleyes:

Slide over and hand me a glass of that kool aide and a pom pom. :D

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Ohio State's Cait Craft will miss the rest of the tournament with a broken bone in her left hand. Happened in practice this week. I suppose this means Doss will start. Though not a big scorer, Craft played 25 minutes a game for a team that plays at an incredibly fast pace.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/032416aab.html

This is a big loss, make no mistake. Craft was an important "glue" player for OSU. My prediction of a Tennessee win just become a more confident one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom