• Syracuse over So Carolina (Sio)

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
An interesting side note as the round of 16 begins play. Washington (vs. Kentucky) is the only remaining team not ranked in the AP top 25. DePaul (vs.Oregon St) is the lowest ranked remaining team at #20.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Tennessee, I believe, will beat Ohio State. I believe they can defend well enough to keep Mitchell from going off, and I don't think OSU defends well enough to contain Tennessee's paint points or DeShields if she's feeling it. I sure hope I'm wrong.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
In my bracket, I have Tennessee losing to Ohio State. I had a good feeling about Tennessee getting to the Sweet 16... but now I'm beginning to believe that Tennessee might actually beat OSU.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Kelsey Mitchell can get her points against any team. The question is will Diamond be able to come close to matching up with her. I don't think she can because of her supporting cast not playing well enough. I see a double digit win for Ohio State.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Kelsey Mitchell can get her points against any team. The question is will Diamond be able to come close to matching up with her. I don't think she can because of her supporting cast not playing well enough. I see a double digit win for Ohio State.

She didn't do so well against us this fall....just enjoyed the replay of that game
Ohio State stopped competing very early in that one.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The upset I'd like most to see is Stanford over ND..for obvious reasons. :rolleyes:

I agree, but that's probably the least likely upset after the UConn game. Syracuse, at least, has the high-risk high-reward game of shooting boatloads of 3's and forcing copious turnovers. Florida State has lots of talent and seems to be playing well. With Stanford, I just don't see them being able to compete athletically with Notre Dame over 40 minutes.

Reaction Score
My order:
  1. Ucla
  2. Tenn
  3. Wash
  4. Fla st
  5. DePaul
  6. Syracuse
  7. Stanford
  8. Miss st

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I'm a huge Doug Bruno fan but I really want to see Baylor play the PAC 12 champs. Tenn could beat OSU if (and this is a big if with Tenn as they are like a box of chocolates if you know what I mean) they can play good defense and score at least 70 points because I'm not sold on Tenn defense as they haven't played any gifted offensive teams. In reality if OSU can get to 60 first there really is no way for them to lose (I'm giving out gold nuggets here on how to beat and SEC team... just get to 60 first). Kelsey Mitchell will likely run circles around the Tenn defenders and just maybe Tenn has run into a team that will play zone, if that's the case it's lights out for Tenn. Baylor vs Fl State, well I don't really have much interest in that game as I don't think Fl State has a chance. UCLA vs Texas not sure I care at all who wins that game. Stanford vs ND. I'm not sure Tara's team has enough options to beat ND but the coaching battle if this is a tight game should be superb so I may watch. Syracuse vs SCar I hear there has been some trashing talking with the players for this game but I don't know that it really will be much of a game at all. SCar should win however last year they really had a tough time in both of their regionals winning by 2 and then by 6 to get to the FF. That being said I am eager to see if they can put together better performances in the regionals this year. Now to get to my vote, I voted for Washington over Kentucky. I am Kelsey Plum fan. Even though I don't think she had a great summer with USA basketball she has been pretty much fantastic all year for Washington. Kentucky seems to have all the right pieces but I'm not sure Matthew Mitchell knows how to use them. When I have watched them play I thought his roster could compete well with almost anyone if they were a better passing team and didn't take forever to get into an offensive set. In transition they are okay but @ times in the SEC they were playing down to their opponent. I don't think Washington wins it running away but I can see them taking down the Wildcats.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
To my eyes, UCLA is just better than Texas. Sagarin gives Texas a 1-point advantage in the "Predictor" metric and Massey makes Texas a 3-point favorite. But I like UCLA in that one.

Oregon State and DePaul is an interesting clash of styles but I think Oregon State is the clearly superior team. Tennessee and Ohio State is fascinating matchup. Hard to know what you're going to get from either team on any given day.

As an ND fan, Stanford makes me a little nervous. But how hard they had to work to beat SDSU at home doesn't bode well for playing ND at a neutral site.

Reaction Score
Stanford makes you nervous? How? They only won that game because SDSU choked and the officiating was a little home cooked if you ask me. Lili Thompson was hardly touched on that 3 point play and Macy Miller may have gotten her shot blocked, but the body contact would have drawn a foul in every moment of the game except that one. ND will beat Stanford by 20+

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Ucla over Texas seems like a clear choice as most probable. Doesn't mean it'll happen, but after playing a very good 40 minutes against USF, they may just do the same thing against the Horns. Too bad, as I was looking forward to the possibility of a Uconn-Texas showdown.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Stanford makes you nervous? How? They only won that game because SDSU choked and the officiating was a little home cooked if you ask me. Lili Thompson was hardly touched on that 3 point play and Macy Miller may have gotten her shot blocked, but the body contact would have drawn a foul in every moment of the game except that one. ND will beat Stanford by 20+

They are rated #8 in Sagarin and #9 in Massey. Vanderveer is a great coach. They have some shooters - although only Karlie Samuelson's 3FG% is outstanding.

You're right. It shouldn't be overly difficult. Give Thompson the same treatment they gave Buss, make sure Turner sticks to McCall, and the rest can't beat you (as long as you don't lose Karlie repeatedly beyond the arc).

I thought the shot block on Miller was clean but no way does Lili Thompson get that "and-one" call on the road. She was searching for any contact she could create, the SDSU defender actually looked like they were trying to stay out of the way, if I recall correctly.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Ucla over Texas seems like a clear choice as most probable. Doesn't mean it'll happen, but after playing a very good 40 minutes against USF, they may just do the same thing against the Horns. Too bad, as I was looking forward to the possibility of a Uconn-Texas showdown.

On the other hand, UConn v. UCLA means MoJeff v. Canada, which is a tasty little matchup.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
They are rated #8 in Sagarin and #9 in Massey. Vanderveer is a great coach. They have some shooters - although only Karlie Samuelson's 3FG% is outstanding.

You're right. It shouldn't be overly difficult. Give Thompson the same treatment they gave Buss, make sure Turner sticks to McCall, and the rest can't beat you (as long as you don't lose Karlie repeatedly beyond the arc).

I thought the shot block on Miller was clean but no way does Lili Thompson get that "and-one" call on the road. She was searching for any contact she could create, the SDSU defender actually looked like they were trying to stay out of the way, if I recall correctly.
Yeah they might have been better off actually fouling her to keeping from making the shot because I thought it was going to OT. No way I thought that was a foul. I'm not sure there was contact @ all.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I'm still shaking my head that Green Bay forgot how to shoot a three-point shot against Tennessee in the 4th quarter.
Oops, that was two rounds ago?

And Macy Miller should've taken the ball to the hoop like Thompson so she could've possibly gotten a call. Oh well. Those chances were there, too.

Stanford was up and down all year. Who will show up? The team that ponged Holly and the Vols out of no. Cal or the one that sent its JV team against ASU? Even if Tara has them in peak mode, I like the match-ups here, particularly at the point with Lindsay being sky-high after IU. Would not be surprised to see the d-sisters of Hannah Huffman and Mychal Thompson get some PT, as well, to keep the 3-pointers in check. I also sense an Arike breakout for some reason....

Flip a coin on OSU-Tennessee, but I think Mitchell is a better bet to pull out of a spiral dive than DD if both get into it, so OSU moves on.

Would love to see J. Canada move on, but Texas is another confounding team: seemingly good against all except Baylor.

Has anyone heard if Epp's shoulder is ok? That could make a big difference in that game. If she's hurting, no way the team picks her up for a whole game. If she's ok, this could be a game of attrition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom