OT: - Super Bowl potpourri | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Super Bowl potpourri

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Missed extra point
It was blocked. Chiefs D made a lot of clutch plays. Lots of critical pass break ups.

Reaction Score
It was blocked. Chiefs D made a lot of clutch plays. Lots of critical pass break ups.
Spags D was huge keeping the game alive giving Mahomes a chance on the last 2 drives.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
When did John Elway become Gary Busey?

Reaction Score
I’m sure Hurley will have a good talk to give in practice tomorrow.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Kelce is a tool. Assualting your coach on the sideline is a sign of that. The stuff at the podium…T. Swift even looked embarrassed.

Reaction Score
I don't bet on anything but the easiest bet in the world was that Mahomes would win that game when the Niners didn't take a big first half lead.

Reaction Score
Kelce is a tool. Assualting your coach on the sideline is a sign of that. The stuff at the podium…T. Swift even looked embarrassed.
He's alright, the Kelce's bros are an unreal story. That looked pretty awful though, he knocked Andy Reid off his feet and he didn't trip.

Reaction Score
I always laugh at young people calling anything that happened before thier time for boomers. They need to look up the age range for baby boomers Prince...not a boomer performer. The Rolling Stones are from the boomer era. Ive heard an "ok boomer" directed at a 35 year old.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I always laugh at young people calling anything that happened before thier time for boomers. They need to look up the age range for baby boomers Prince...not a boomer performer. The Rolling Stones are from the boomer era. Ive heard an "ok boomer" directed at a 35 year old.
I'd agree that Prince isn't seen as a boomer performer, but (like Madonna, Michael Jackson, Vernon Reid, Ice-T, Grandmaster Flash, Belinda Carlisle, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Kate Bush, Anita Baker, Jools, Holland, Thomas Dolby, Martin Fry, Alan Jackson, Tanya Tucker, Paul Weller, Jello Biafra, Bela Fleck, Marty Stuart, Thurston Moore, Bill Berry, Steve Nieve, Michael Penn, Joan Jett, Andy Gibb, Shaun Cassidy, Joe Diffie, Mike Mills, Andrea Bocelli, Don Byron, Neil Finn, Grant McLennon, Michael Flatley, and Kevin Mahogany), he was born in 1958, which is totally late Boomer, meaning he came of age when things enlarged to include punk, disco, rap, Americana, electronica, and all kinds of hybrid musical expression, and did it on the large scale level that the hybridization had sought to repudiate and make irrelevant as independent sensibilities sought to assert dominance over corporatized arena rock. Multiracial, politicized, androgynous, and other alternative points of view broadened popular culture options which have continued ever since, though there have always been forces that have wanted & needed massive scale entertainment to fill out spaces as large as Super Bowl halftime shows.

I think this was the only complete NFL game I watched all year, and it was the first 4K broadcast I've watched in my own home, delivered via T-Mobile 5G internet (which was advertised twice).

It was a pretty good game, and I recognized a high majority of the attending celebrities and those in the commercials, even as I finally looked it up and learned that I'm older than 85% of the US population, which is probably why my educated guess on Alicia Keys was the only performer I knew.

My biggest heads up was when they announced the 2024 Hall of Fame Inductees, and I had not ever heard of any of them. I found that far more delightful than concerning.

Reaction Score
It was technically blocked, but it was kicked so low that it almost hit one of his own linemen in the helmet.

Reaction Score
I'd agree that Prince isn't seen as a boomer performer, but (like Madonna, Michael Jackson, Vernon Reid, Ice-T, Grandmaster Flash, Belinda Carlisle, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Kate Bush, Anita Baker, Jools, Holland, Thomas Dolby, Martin Fry, Alan Jackson, Tanya Tucker, Paul Weller, Jello Biafra, Bela Fleck, Marty Stuart, Thurston Moore, Bill Berry, Steve Nieve, Michael Penn, Joan Jett, Andy Gibb, Shaun Cassidy, Joe Diffie, Mike Mills, Andrea Bocelli, Don Byron, Neil Finn, Grant McLennon, Michael Flatley, and Kevin Mahogany), he was born in 1958, which is totally late Boomer, meaning he came of age when things enlarged to include punk, disco, rap, Americana, electronica, and all kinds of hybrid musical expression, and did it on the large scale level that the hybridization had sought to repudiate and make irrelevant as independent sensibilities sought to assert dominance over corporatized arena rock. Multiracial, politicized, androgynous, and other alternative points of view broadened popular culture options which have continued ever since, though there have always been forces that have wanted & needed massive scale entertainment to fill out spaces as large as Super Bowl halftime shows.

I think this was the only complete NFL game I watched all year, and it was the first 4K broadcast I've watched in my own home, delivered via T-Mobile 5G internet (which was advertised twice).

It was a pretty good game, and I recognized a high majority of the attending celebrities and those in the commercials, even as I finally looked it up and learned that I'm older than 85% of the US population, which is probably why my educated guess on Alicia Keys was the only performer I knew.

My biggest heads up was when they announced the 2024 Hall of Fame Inductees, and I had not ever heard of any of them. I found that far more delightful than concerning.
You've seriously never heard of Dwight Freeney, Devin Hester, Andre Johnson, Julius Peppers, or Patrick Willis ???

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'd agree that Prince isn't seen as a boomer performer, but (like Madonna, Michael Jackson, Vernon Reid, Ice-T, Grandmaster Flash, Belinda Carlisle, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Kate Bush, Anita Baker, Jools, Holland, Thomas Dolby, Martin Fry, Alan Jackson, Tanya Tucker, Paul Weller, Jello Biafra, Bela Fleck, Marty Stuart, Thurston Moore, Bill Berry, Steve Nieve, Michael Penn, Joan Jett, Andy Gibb, Shaun Cassidy, Joe Diffie, Mike Mills, Andrea Bocelli, Don Byron, Neil Finn, Grant McLennon, Michael Flatley, and Kevin Mahogany), he was born in 1958, which is totally late Boomer
Color me amazed you've even heard of Jello. That said, I can't fathom you ever listening to Dead Kennedys.

Reaction Score
How in the hell is Prince not someone who was big for boomers lmaooooo he came up in the late 70s early 80s

Maybe some of you need to look up the definition of a baby boomer. Anyone born up to like ‘64 is a boomer.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Usher is probably your age.
He was born in 78.

It's not just time period, it's genre. I haven't had "pop" music on the radio (or streaming) since the 80s. Even then I preferred classic rock. My knowledge of rap/hip hop (don't ask me what the difference is) consists of Grandmaster Flash, Run DMC doing Aerosmith and couple of Public Enemy songs from Do the Right Thing. Oh, and Summertime by Will Smith.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
How in the hell is Prince not someone who was big for boomers lmaooooo
Because people get set into their music choices when young. Prince is more Gen-X and very late boomer. Purple Rain came out in 1984. Boomers start at 1946-64.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom