Stop bashing.. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stop bashing..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I dont really think many people on this board are bashing the players themselves, per se. That would be foolish and unfair, these guys signed up to play COLLEGE basketball, they are not professional athletes and are just 18-20 year old kids who want to play their best and represent their university. Unfairly criticizing these players who arent being paid to be here is not fair, but that doesnt mean people cant point out if a player needs to work on his handles or ball security. I personally think that blame CAN and SHOULD be put on the staff though, who desperately need to bring in good players for the upcoming seasons. Unlike the players, these guys ARE professionals and ARE being paid to perform their jobs, one of which includes recruiting future generations of Huskies, which is one area they are and have been lacking for a few years now. That indeed does deserve some level of criticism.

People on this board need to stop being such pride/justice warriors sometimes, its a discussion board for discussion of UConn basketball. If theres no discussion of criticisms then what would we talk about here?
Well said. I dont think good, knowledgeable fans are attacking kids personally so much as questioning either their development or how much promise may have been seen in certain kids when recruited.

This is a college basketball message board and one of the only ways other than texting or talking to friends of venting about watching a team and/or program we love struggle at a level that is hard to comprehend. Maybe we can set up a system after losses where we suspend discussing UConn basketball and instead ask each other how our days were, how our job is going, how's your family doing and what we'd like for our birthdays.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
if Uconn played like this every year
most of us wouldn't care or bother to watch the games.
What i see from this year's team is hard to understand.
I knew they would have growing pains but damn.
I'm actually looking forward to watching the Women play SC
and don't know or care who the men play next.
One thing that
I fail
to understand is
why you choose
to
communicate like
this.

You're my main suspect as to Chap's alter ego on this board...

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
if Uconn played like this every year
most of us wouldn't care or bother to watch the games.
What i see from this year's team is hard to understand.
I knew they would have growing pains but damn.
I'm actually looking forward to watching the Women play SC
and don't know or care who the men play next.

Yes. It is a bad year. They look lost. But they don't owe us anything. Hopefully they learn a thing or 2. Don't want them to fall out of competitiveness. But if winning more championships than anyone else isn't acceptable, I don't know what to say. We're all just frustrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom