Stokes!!!! | The Boneyard

Stokes!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
All i will say is,WOW!Five blocks in the first half,rebound after rebound.When she gets comfortable going to the basket and shooting ten footers,look out!She is showing me,that the light is coming on,and it is starting to get bright. Keep it up Kiah,we are pulling for you !

Reaction Score
If Stokes plays like this consistently, she will erase any doubts that she can be the starting center after Dolson. Great stuff from her!

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
I am soooooo happy for her! I hope she thinks she should expect this of herself. A win and no injuries are most important tonight....a breakout performance from Kiah is not far behind in my book.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
If Stokes plays like this consistently, she will erase any doubts that she can be the starting center after Dolson. Great stuff from her!

Well she sure is busy with the ERASING tonight!!!!

:)

Reaction Score
Good for her. She and Banks have caught my eye from the beginning. I love the grind it out kids.

Reaction Score
Here's what I said in the game thread:

Stokes has been caught in a bit of a numbers crunch, but she will be a really good starting center as a senior. She's like a slightly smaller Kelly Schumacher who rebounds better.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Not sure there ever was a doubt. Maybe on the effort part, but it's nice to see the light not just coming on, but shining brightly!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
She did look like she was having a great time out there. So glad to see her perform so well against a top team. I really hope this transfers over to other games - if she can perform like this against a team like Stanford, she should be able to do it against lesser opponents. I know Geno has been on her for consistency so I'm really hoping her effort carries over. She's so great to watch when it's all clicking for her...

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Rebounds, shot blocks, great smiles. Oh my.

This was the Kiah I've been waiting to see for a while. Let's hope we keep getting it because the depth of this season and the prospects for next one look really good.

Reaction Score
I think the light went on for Kiah tonight. She needs a nickname.....Stretch?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Geno called it, said Kiah was the most impressive player in the pre season along with Stef. Now I know why he said that.

Reaction Score
Kiah's stats are more impresssive than Chiney's considering minutes played. Rebounds 5 def and 8 off, same. 6 blocks, 1 block, not even close. 10 points, sixteen points. Kiah didn't take as many shots, but she looked much more comfortable and willing to shoot. To all those who passed on Saniya - too bad. You're going to miss out for the next four years. Two straight threes when UConn couldn't have made a basket if it was as big as the ocean. Bria, incredible. Way to go Huskies. Can't forget Morgan. Two threes, 12 points in the second half. Everyone pulled together. Stef, don't fall in love with the three. You shoot 65%, but not because you shoot a lot of threes.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
We were so excited to see Kiah have the game we've been waiting for. She lit the team up tonight. She has talent and she's gotten herself in awesome shape. Happy for her. We may need her to step up a lot more now.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
This is the Stokes I knew we would see again after she destroyed Elizabeth Williams her freshman year at Duke. It's taken a while, but I think she's finally gotten there. Good to see Geno give her quality minutes early in the game, that's got to be a huge confidence booster.

Reaction Score
Kiah has had some moments in the past, but they were generally too few and too far in between. If the performance we saw tonight truly represents her coming out party, the impact will be huge. I don't care how much she scores...the rebounding, the shot-blocking, the aggressiveness, and the absorption of some of the inevitable front line foul distribution will be crucial for us! Wow!!

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Here's what I said in the game thread:

Stokes has been caught in a bit of a numbers crunch, but she will be a really good starting center as a senior. She's like a slightly smaller Kelly Schumacher who rebounds better.

No comparison between Kiah and Schuey in athleticism. Kiah is faster, quicker, can jump higher, can defend a quick player like Chiney without fouling. Schuey always gave 100%, and Kiah seems to have just figured over this past summer 0ut how to do that.

One thing they had in common was a testy relationship with Geno. But that's about it.

Reaction Score
The fact that Kiah did this against a quality opponent is what impresses me. Now lets see if she can ride the momentum; consistency is the key. Go for it Kiah. Get Geno's trust.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
I think the light went on for Kiah tonight. She needs a nickname.....Stretch?
Because of her blocking and rebounding ability which stops the other team's ability to play offense,I suggest her nickname to be.......terminator

Reaction Score
Attitude, Practice, & Performance. It appears Kiah that you now have put them into place. Look at the result you are having! Most impressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom