still no LOI's | Page 3 | The Boneyard

still no LOI's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Uh, yeah?

You do? Well, it would be nice, but it would also be weird of them to do that now that they have visits scheduled.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I'll add screw UK and I am glad if they lost every recruiting battle.

In a crappy mood with allergies and the doggone IRS, but that's another story unto itself.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
have we received Daniel Hamilton's LOI yet?

as long as this class is not as bad as our 10/11 class, we should be ok

how many UConn fans still don't know our path to victory? hint, it's not the path Dook took this year and it's not the system that made Squid a good coach

Reaction Score
day two of the signing period and we are still shooing blanks. Been a Mens seasons tix holder since 1981. Have never been more concerned over the mens program than I am now. Still not a whiff from the P5 to come play with them.

The RETURN of the Connecticut Curmudgeon.

LOL ... prefers Dom Perno 1982-1986 to today ... that's precious.

willie99

Reaction Score
I'm sure there's some 7 foot soccer player in Africa we have our eye on

Reaction Score
have we received Daniel Hamilton's LOI yet?

as long as this class is not as bad as our 10/11 class, we should be ok

how many UConn fans still don't know our path to victory? hint, it's not the path Dook took this year and it's not the system that made Squid a good coach

Squid isn't a good coach-- he's a talent whore

C

Chief00

Seems like some young guys can be pretty obnoxious.

Agreed - nuances aside - our recruiting results since Adams/Enoch verbaled have been poor. There has been no positive news. Add to all the holes any objective observer sees on our roster and we have our work cut out for ourselves. When the main pipeline is perhaps with Ivy League transfers it may please the academics but not the basketball fans.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Agreed - nuances aside - our recruiting results since Adams/Enoch verbaled have been poor. There has been no positive news. Add to all the holes any objective observer sees on our roster and we have our work cut out for ourselves. When the main pipeline is perhaps with Ivy League transfers it may please the academics but not the basketball fans.

Sorry Chief, Shonn Miller is a good player regardless of what team he played on previously.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
We loved "pipelines" because JC used them (see: Israel), but nowhere is it written that they are essential.

On the 2013-14 roster, we had players from the following sources:
  • NEPSAC
  • CT public
  • Germany
  • MD public
  • IL public
  • NYC catholic
  • WI public
  • NYC public
  • Long Island catholic
  • Germany
That's two out of ten scholarship players coming from the same source, and it worked out just fine for the team in the end. I don't care where our guys come from as long as they work hard and turn into players that can help UCONN win.

Reaction Score
He made a sweet 16 at friggin u mass before he bought Marcus canby. I don't like the guy either, but give him a team that he can coach, as opposed to players who come to him for coddling and babysitting, and I don't doubt he can coach

These players that seek "coddling and babysitting" are players that Calipari recruited. So, in effect, Calipari more or less hand-picked players that he can't coach? Doesn't seem to be a wise strategy for a good coach to employ.

Reaction Score
These players that seek "coddling and babysitting" are players that Calipari recruited. So, in effect, Calipari more or less hand-picked players that he can't coach? Doesn't seem to be a wise strategy for a good coach to employ.

Yes. Totally idiotic strategy. He should be more worried about convincing you and others that he can still coach than bringing in the talent to get to 4 of the last 5 Final Fours.

Reaction Score
Yes. Totally idiotic strategy. He should be more worried about convincing you and others that he can still coach than bringing in the talent to get to 4 of the last 5 Final Fours.

Thats exactly my point, he relies on talent to carry him instead of recruiting players that he can coach. Bringing in talent makes you a good recruiter, not a good coach. Good coaches want to coach, not supervise.

But I guess it's a matter of personal opinion. To each his own

willie99

Reaction Score
Squid isn't a good coach-- he's a talent whore

you missed my sarcasm my friend

it's the one and done system that made him, and that's not our path to championships

Reaction Score
Thats exactly my point, he relies on talent to carry him instead of recruiting players that he can coach. Bringing in talent makes you a good recruiter, not a good coach. Good coaches want to coach, not supervise.

But I guess it's a matter of personal opinion. To each his own

LOL, no, you can call it a draw but its not just a matter of persona opinion. You said "Squid isn't a good coach." The fact is he has proven that he is a good coach. He's just opting (successfully) to build teams in a manner less about his coaching than the raw talent of his players.

Reaction Score
LOL, no, you can call it a draw but its not just a matter of persona opinion. You said "Squid isn't a good coach." The fact is he has proven that he is a good coach. He's just opting (successfully) to build teams in a manner less about his coaching than the raw talent of his players.

Yea the 30 ft airball that resulted from the lack of play calling during the timeout when UK needed a bucket late in the 2nd half against Wisconsin was the icing on the cake for me. In the biggest moment of their season, he had the opportunity to prove his doubters wrong and didn't. So I'll hold onto my personal opinion of him.

You say good coach, I say overrated.

Reaction Score
you missed my sarcasm my friend

it's the one and done system that made him, and that's not our path to championships

Yea not surprised I missed it.. I'm terrible at recognizing sarcasm online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom