still no LOI's | The Boneyard

still no LOI's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
day two of the signing period and we are still shooing blanks. Been a Mens seasons tix holder since 1981. Have never been more concerned over the mens program than I am now. Still not a whiff from the P5 to come play with them.

Reaction Score
I told you the other day that just because the letter signing season has begun doesn't mean people will immediately sign LOIs. We don't even have people verbally committed who would be expected to do that.

Some kids are visiting this weekend. Do you expect them to commit before they visit?

Reaction Score
day two of the signing period and we are still shooing blanks. Been a Mens seasons tix holder since 1981. Have never been more concerned over the mens program than I am now. Still not a whiff from the P5 to come play with them.

What are you talking about?

UConn is not recruiting any second semester seniors.

Juniors are not eligible to sign LOIs.

Transfers don't sign LOIs.

Who are you thinking about?

Reaction Score
Yes - because when the signing period starts, you expect LOIs to start flowing in, regardless of whether you have commitments. Kids just start signing all willy nilly ("whoa - signing period already? Quick, hand me one of those LOIs over there before I forget.")

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I told you the other day that just because the letter signing season has begun doesn't mean people will immediately sign LOIs. We don't even have people verbally committed who would be expected to do that.

Some kids are visiting this weekend. Do you expect them to commit before they visit?

He expects KO to press a button on the computer in the physics department and send out mind-control waves to all of the top remaining recruits.

Reaction Score

They wouldn't be eligible to sign anyway. If PG Gilbert loves UConn so much that he decides to tattoo UConn on his forehead, he still can't sign a LOI.

Reaction Score
He expects KO to press a button on the computer in the physics department and send out mind-control waves to all of the top remaining recruits.

Are we even recruiting any of them?

Reaction Score
A lot of players don't even sign LOI's anymore. For the player, theres no benefit in signing one and there's no disadvantage in not signing one. The trend is moving in the direction of strong verbals and no LOI.

Regardless, verbals come before a signed LOI almost always. I can't think of a time when a player sent a signed LOI without first verbally committing.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

And they never did catch that anthrax guy!!!

Reaction Score
each day you manage to post something more dumber than the last day

Reaction Score
Oh yay, another ill-informed (next year we play UMD, Georgetown, OSU, Texas, and are in the Battle 4 Atlantis field that includes Cuse, Gonzaga, Texas, TA&M, and Michigan; and in 2016 we are in the Maui Invitational) sky-is-falling post regarding recruiting by some old guy.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Oh yay, another ill-informed (next year we play UMD, Georgetown, OSU, Texas, and are in the Battle 4 Atlantis field that includes Cuse, Gonzaga, Texas, TA&M, and Michigan; and in 2016 we are in the Maui Invitational) sky-is-falling post regarding recruiting by some old guy.

Seems like some young guys can be pretty obnoxious.

Reaction Score
They wouldn't be eligible to sign anyway. If PG Gilbert loves UConn so much that he decides to tattoo UConn on his forehead, he still can't sign a LOI.

I forgot what year the high school kid was.

Reaction Score
Age arguments, classic. It's like some don't realize we get old, if we're lucky. On another note, what the hell is the OP even talking about. Is he confused about Adams and Enoch? Does he think 16 guys are signing LOI's already? No clue.

Reaction Score
I had this guy on ignore, but it seems like I'm missing all the fun.

Reaction Score
OP seems genuinely confused so I wont bash. Just an absurd premise to start a thread with, the lowest point in the programs history? cmon

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I think him and some other accounts are troll accounts from other fans and they know the hot buttons here. They get their kicks at seeing us get all pissed off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom