Stewart next season | The Boneyard

Stewart next season

Reaction Score
What gets you excited?
Strength. Spring. Shot (in progress). Wiggle/post-up/short game (exists and can't wait to see it flourish).
Breakout around BE time.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Late in the season he showed the natural ability to improvise late in the shot clock without panicking for someone who has such little experience at the college level. He also looks very comfortable finishing near the rim. I think he's going to have a breakout season that will surprise people who didn't pay attention to his limited minutes this year.

p.s. I am the founding member and president of the Jaylin Stewart fan club. Accepting any and all applicants.

Reaction Score
He has a lot of skills with the ball...one on one moves, mid range maneuvers, etc. Honestly, it was smart for Uconn for not really unleashing that this year because our offense was so fluid and our chemistry was so good without that. I think both him and Karaban will be able to show some things we haven't really seen yet. Lets see who else we get but he will certainly have a big role on the team.

Reaction Score
I think we'll be pleasantly surprised by all 4 of that class. I feel like we'll be the most in awe of singare. There's potential in raw players. That's nice for a staff that can afford to wait

Reaction Score
I liked the improvement of his confidence when stepping on the floor as the season moved along. He was growing before our eyes albeit little by little. His defense early on was terrible and by years end he has some great one on one showings against good players. Moved his feet a ton better by seasons end and he will be able to guard people. I think he will shoot better and find ways to get to the hole now that it’s kind of his team a bit more than this year.

He’s gonna be a good one!

Reaction Score
It took him awhile to catch up to the speed of the college game. Started later than the other freshman. I can imagine it taking time to familiarize with our system. Near the end of the season he clearly made a jump and expect a big one over the summer.

Reaction Score
He seems to be a Karaban type player.. which fits our team perfectly

Reaction Score
He showed some real promise grabbing rebounds and working to get to the hoop. I see him as a guy that can keep doing that dirty work and also serve as a scoring threat against zone defenses. He looks natural attacking from the midrange/mid post. In a Hurley offense I could see him curling around off ball screens to get to that spot

Three point shooting could use some work

Reaction Score
Stewart plays with confidence and his shot will continue to improve. Should be a good fit at the 3 and can also give Alex some rest at the 4 and play there when UCONN goes small.

Reaction Score
His iso scoring and his ability to be a 3 level scorer is what I’m most excited about. It might be his last season in college is my bold prediction. Very high on him.
I think solo will be impressive too , but the lack of minutes in the second half of the season stunted his development. But if Danny gives him a significant role next season , that means he believes in him and he too will have a great season.

Portal is important, but these two imo , will define UConns ceiling next year.

Reaction Score
Late in the season he showed the natural ability to improvise late in the shot clock without panicking for someone who has such little experience at the college level. He also looks very comfortable finishing near the rim. I think he's going to have a breakout season that will surprise people who didn't pay attention to his limited minutes this year.

p.s. I am the founding member and president of the Jaylin Stewart fan club. Accepting any and all applicants.
We on the bandwagon. He is in development but he has a beautiful jump shot, is primed to be a great defender with muscle. He took over a game for about 5 minutes one time this year, got hot and just looked dominant temporary that it was. Looking for big production and D from him, he’s a major piece.
I’m more worried about Solo, not his ability, but I pray he remains in the fold because he is also very talented and a big future contributor.
It’s going to take time for things to come together next season with so much new blood.
Agree?

Reaction Score
Jaylen has all the tools. To me, he never felt fully confident this year. It seemed that he was alwasy thinking out there and trying hard not to make mistakes. In some ways, that held him back. He showed glimpses and looked spectacular in those moments. Wih a year under his belt and full summer in Storrs, I feel he will have an enormous jump. If he just plays and doesn't overthink, if he relies on his nataural ability and allows the game to come to him, Jaylen can be an absolute stud. His ceiling is as high as any.

Reaction Score
I think we'll be pleasantly surprised by all 4 of that class. I feel like we'll be the most in awe of singare. There's potential in raw players. That's nice for a staff that can afford to wait
Wow, love this. From your lips to Gods ears!!

Reaction Score
We on the bandwagon. He is in development but he has a beautiful jump shot, is primed to be a great defender with muscle. He took over a game for about 5 minutes one time this year, got hot and just looked dominant temporary that it was. Looking for big production and D from him, he’s a major piece.
I’m more worried about Solo, not his ability, but I pray he remains in the fold because he is also very talented and a big future contributor.
It’s going to take time for things to come together next season with so much new blood.
Agree?
With ya!!

Reaction Score
He seems to be a Karaban type player.. which fits our team perfectly
IMO, more athletic, but if he has Alex's intaligibles, that would be awesome. I'm also impressed with how much muscle he put on during the season, as well as his shooting ability.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
I liked the improvement of his confidence when stepping on the floor as the season moved along. He was growing before our eyes albeit little by little. His defense early on was terrible and by years end he has some great one on one showings against good players. Moved his feet a ton better by seasons end and he will be able to guard people. I think he will shoot better and find ways to get to the hole now that it’s kind of his team a bit more than this year.

He’s gonna be a good one!
Remember who/what he was going against in practice; all-American and all-big east individuals and a historically good first team. Steel sharpens steel.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom